Jumping J XI mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Usenko
x3

Jumping J XI mission

Post by Usenko » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 17:35

Well, it's nothing like what you jocks have achieved, I'm sure, but I managed to milk a jumping J for about 18 million credits. I had a screeny, but I damn well went and restarted the wretched computer! :S

Another one like this, and I'll have the requisite credits to purchase the Argon trading station for the PHQ.

Hey, maybe I should hang up a shingle - "Usenko & Co, professional Xenon eradicators!"

I like trading . . but I'm getting the taste for blood. Well, oil, anyway. :)

By the way, whilst the Hyperion is powerful (mine is the HTAS Invincible), I find that when I'm doing an XI I prefer to jump into the cockpit of my trusty LX. Does anyone else agree, or am I the only crazy one round here?
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 17:37

I had a screeny, but I damn well went and restarted the wretched computer!
:?
It should still be in the My Documents\Egosoft\X3\screenshots directory. It gets saved when you take it. Restarting the computer should have no effect on the screenshot.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 17:44

I quite frequently fly my LX rather than my Python for XIs (I don't like the M7), usually when I feel like a bit of fun.

Although I usually forget I still have 50-odd lasertowers in the sector from the last time I wanted some quick cash from an XI, and the Js all get massacred as soon as they show up...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Jumping J XI mission

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 18:36

Usenko wrote:when I'm doing an XI I prefer to jump into the cockpit of my trusty LX. Does anyone else agree, or am I the only crazy one round here?
Same here (almost) - usually do XIs in a Pandora'd Chimera (248m/s) - my favourite ship for quick kills (last XI averaged about 25 seconds per kill :twisted:). Standard proceedure is: smash through the shields with B-PBEs & CIGs (+ A-HEPTs for capitals), then lob a Thunderbolt at them as a coup de grace.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 19:27

Personal Hyperion with twin AI controled LXs. Battlemaster level XI's in Getsu Fune take about 10 minutes and rakes in ~45M credits (not counting any GPPC drops) if all goes to plan. When not useing the M7 it's a hammerhead bombing LX or Medusa but that's abit more tricky.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 20:24

Dragon.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 01:17

In a previous post he mentioned he did not like the weapons I got him... :roll:

You have made your bed, now sleep in it.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 04:23

You have NO IDEA how much I hate PSGs now, Phil!

I had to restart that mission twice last night because some Paranid CLOWN in a nemesis was ladling PSG fire all over the sector. One stray shot hits a Boron patrol ship from me and I get the "this is the final warning" speech. But oh no, Mr Paranid can nuke the entire &%^$## sector, and no-one seems to mind!!!!!! :evil:

I am quite happy with the PBE/HEPT armed LX though. I can easily dispatch the whole invasion as long as there's a bit of Boron cannon fodder to tie up a few while I'm at it. I just wish that the communications menu had the option of saying "Enough with the WMDs already!" to the Paranid. By my in-game creed I choose not to do what comes naturally and blow the idiot to kingdom come. :D
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 04:37

Heres the kicker: You can't!

That damn ship is invincible. Loses 5% then no more.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 04:42

esd wrote:
I had a screeny, but I damn well went and restarted the wretched computer!
:?
It should still be in the My Documents\Egosoft\X3\screenshots directory. It gets saved when you take it. Restarting the computer should have no effect on the screenshot.
Yeah, well I know that now. But I used the "Print screen" key without thinking. . . :headbang:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 12:33

Usenko wrote:Yeah, well I know that now. But I used the "Print screen" key without thinking. . . :headbang:
You should still have a look. I think that X³'s screen-capture is bound to both printscreen AND F9.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 12:47

esd wrote:I think that X³'s screen-capture is bound to both printscreen AND F9.
It is, by default. (I did rebind the 'F9' for other use, because IMO one key (PrnScn) is enough.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”