Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

b0bst3r
x4

Avarice

Post by b0bst3r » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:29

So after practically covering the whole universe, one of the last places I go to is Avarice (don't ask me why it just ended up like this).

It's a very relaxing place so thinking of dumping my HQ in it but the question I have is this... Does it get any traffic through it at all?

I never saw a single ship going through so I'm wondering if I set up shop in there will NPC haulers even come in?

Guess this is a question to those who have already built in the place and have a thriving complex(es).

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:39

I never saw a single ship going through so I'm wondering if I set up shop in there will NPC haulers even come in?
Well why would they as you just said its a pieceful place thats becouse there's no stations there for the NPC's to trade with but if you build some and are selling at the right price they'll turn up. :wink:

b0bst3r
x4

Post by b0bst3r » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:49

Yeh I thought that but then remembered Presidents End which has no stations and is absolutely jammed packed with ships coming and going in every direction.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:03

Arr yes but presidents end has got more than one jump gate.
What your seeing there is just ships passing throu.
Avarice has only one gate in and out.

b0bst3r
x4

Post by b0bst3r » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:14

Not in the XTM version it has east/west gates, East of Montalaar and West of New Income. Not sure if that's in the vanilla or not.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:21

Hmm well I wouldn't know about that, have never played XTM version.
I was talking about vanilla game.
I think your on the wrong forum if you talking about XTM.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:21

Build it and they will come. A booze/weed complex of any size turns avarice into a party sector that's packed after a few hours.

In vanilla Avarice does have two gates.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:45

In vanilla it actually gets a fair bit of traffic from npc's, including pirates unfortunately. It's the main route from the Light of Heart region to the Ianamus Zura region, ie. they'll skip the great trench and automatically go through an "undiscovered" sector.

XTM fixes this, they make Avarice HUGE so that it's quicker for the AI to fly around it than go through. One change I quite liked in XTM.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:59

b0bst3r wrote:Not in the XTM version it has east/west gates, East of Montalaar and West of New Income. Not sure if that's in the vanilla or not.
It is.

The only thing I have in there is the trading station, but there's some NPC trader traffic through there heading across, and a fair few pirates.

NPC traders will go to anywhere they can get to, if it might show a profit.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 03:07

Pretty sure all the NPCs do is use the "Buy/Sell Ware for Best Price..." script that comes with Trade Command Mk 1, so it's always a case of "build it and they will come." :)

(This is also why you see all of them trying to drive through Xenon sectors, especially the one west of Omicron Lyrae. :lol: )

Starfire Commander
x3tc

Post by Starfire Commander » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 12:11

Build it and they will come
Field of Dreams to field of dreamfarms.

No-one goes there because there's nothing for them to go to. Provide a product and people will buy it.
-A wise man, in times of peace, prepares for war.

Jwsmall
x4

Post by Jwsmall » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 16:05

Or you can just take out one of the gate connecting Rolk's Legacy and Ceo's Doubt

Doing this forces traffic to go through Avarice

Oh btw you can't take out a gate by conventional means, you have to script it out

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 02:21

It's a good show off sector in terms of achievment, but it's no place for your player HQ. As far as gates are concerned on version 2.5 it has both east and west gates.

If your looking for a good empty sector to plant your HQ then my advice is to go with Presidents End as well. If you want an unclaimed sector, there a couple of unknown sectors out there with a good sources of minerals.

-Malinson

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”