Avarice?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sion Sheevok

Avarice?

Post by Sion Sheevok » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 20:43

I hate to ask so many questions when the search function brings up so many threads. The problem is that so many of the threads I search for answers in aren't at all friendly to new players. It's really difficult to find major sources of information. So... forgive me for asking a question that's probably been asked a hundred times, I just can't find the answer in the hundreds of threads present.

Avarice... I read something about it being a sector you can purchase/bid on.

Is this in Vanilla X3?
Does it always come out to 615M before you get it?
Does it really get sold to someone else if you don't make it in 25 days?
Where is it located, considering I can't find any online maps showing it's location?
Does it have a worthy field of asteroids for ore and silicon?

I got my HQ and I really wanted to have it be in my own personal sector... but between having to purchase Jumpdrives for my ships and software... I'm ending up in Ore Belt just to access the Goner Temple and Terracorp Headquaters (for upgrades). I may just go back to a previous save in order to buy Avarice and place my HQ there if it'll be worthwhile...

b0bst3r
x4

Post by b0bst3r » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 20:59

Is this in Vanilla X3?

Yes

Does it always come out to 615M before you get it?

No I paid 695,000,000 for it

Where is it located, considering I can't find any online maps showing it's location?

East of Montalar and west of new income.

Does it have a worthy field of asteroids for ore and silicon?
It does in XTM but go find it and have a look for yourself.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 22:08

The sector sale is in vanilla X3 both plot and non-plot starts.

I paid 940M the first time I bought it. so you're at the mercy of an RNG here.

Some clown named "BurnIt!" buys it somewhere around day 25.

Poke around the east side of montalaar. should find a NPC TS heading that way to tail or even see the gate yourself. Also telling the auto pilot to fly from "Light of Heart" to "18 billion" will also take you through the system.

Except for a single Teladi trade station it's empty. No Asteroids or rocks and light passing traffic. Pirates also pass through alot but I've yet to have them attack any assest of mine in the system. Since I don't have a cray supercomputer placeing the PHQ in some place like "ore belt" isn't really an option.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sion Sheevok

Post by Sion Sheevok » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 23:24

Blarg... is there any way to take over it after day 25? Is there anything special about officially owning said sector?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 23:36

The "sector takeover" script will allow you to swipe it after the auction. The one time I tried to destroy that trade station it stoped takeing damage at 83% hull so it might not work.

No real perks in owning the sector. Your name is on the galaxy map and that's about it. It is a challange to see how fast you can come up with that kind of cash.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sion Sheevok

Post by Sion Sheevok » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 23:41

Ah, thanks then mate. Lastly, you an Eve veteran? Your icon looks to be a Caldari.

nazza
x3tc

Post by nazza » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 01:31

In my current game Burnit just purchased Avarice, which didnt bother me as i was not going to buy it anyway., but it happened on day 47!!!
I think i read somewhere it was to do with the amount of cash you had in your player account reaching a certain level and ending the auction,but as i spend all my player account(<200m)on a new complex or something i never reached that limit.
I think then God just decided enough was enough and closed the bid :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”