Slaves, Bounties, Refugees, and Freedom. Things needed in Terran Conflict.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Slaves, Bounties, Refugees, and Freedom. Things needed in Terran Conflict.

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:06

Okay, a pirate jumps you. You blast the crap out of him and he ejects. What can you do?

First, blast the crap out of him for daring to mess with you... Kinda Evil.

Second, capture him and sell him as a slave... Most Assuredly Evil.

There should be a 'good aligned' thing to do with them. For instance, pick them up and turn them into the authorities. Or, if you're benevolent, just turn em loose at the next station.

It would also give a new use for the oft neglected TPs... If you come across a pirate smuggling slaves, you can gun him down, and pick up the slaves. Then you can free them at the next station you come across. (For a significant Rep Bonus!)

Say some station is being destroyed, and once it goes down all the personel eject. If you were a decent person, you could fly around collect ing the escape pods, and drop them off at another station. Or you could even turn em into slaves.

It might make the game slightly more immersive. It's kind of a pain always having to let the "Astronaut" fly back to the station :|

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:08

Bonuspack adds a "Release Slaves" command.

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:17

Bala Gi's? Wow didn't know that... But still there should be some more stuff for TP's to do.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:18

Bala Gi missions != Bonus Pack.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:42

yourpowersareweakoldman wrote:But still there should be some more stuff for TP's to do.
There are several BBS missions that require a TP (and they can be quite lucrative at high ranks).

You could always run a bus service, I suppose :).

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 12:52

No Profitsssssssssss in releasing slaves :fg:

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 13:31

Spaceweed Adict wrote:No Profitsssssssssss in releasing slaves :fg:
Pfft! The Teladi always were short sighted.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 18:02

Spaceweed Adict wrote:No Profitsssssssssss in releasing slaves :fg:
Do not bet on that. What if the gesture raises your race rank just enough that you can buy bPPC's from a full Forge that is nearby? That haul is good profit, even by Teladi standard, and if letting couple slaves roam on Boron station makes it possible ...

Why I'm worried about killing someone being 'Kinda Evil', but letting him live being 'Most Assuredly Evil' in the OP? :gruebel:

SVAndrei
x3tc

Post by SVAndrei » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 00:29

jlehtone wrote:Bonuspack adds a "Release Slaves" command.
Can't find it. Where exactly is it, or how can it be accesed?

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 00:46

You do know that you can install a cargo life support system onto a TS (or any other ship) for slave collecting duties as well? If I come across one from a captured pirate ship I usually just keep it on my personal ship for dealing with ejected pirates in my own way.. Did you know slaves vented out the hatch come with their own cargo-crate shaped coffin?

Alternatively, you can still pick them up in a ship without a cargo life support, they just magically vanish. I mean, you take their space suit so they can't escape, but it does get a little chilly back there...

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 00:51

SVAndrei wrote:
jlehtone wrote:Bonuspack adds a "Release Slaves" command.
Can't find it. Where exactly is it, or how can it be accesed?
You have to be docked at a station and have slaves in your cargobay.
Its in the Pirate Command menu.
This is only a virtual reality.

nman
x3tc

Post by nman » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 03:17

Ok, so to get the good "release slaves" command, I have to fly through a sector with captured astronauts in my cargobay?

"But officer, I was going to release them, and the pleasure complex was the closest station!"

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 05:15

yourpowersareweakoldman wrote:Bala Gi's? Wow didn't know that... But still there should be some more stuff for TP's to do.
I got this pandora tuned Express Hauler that can earn more on a single tour mission than I can get total (mission pay+GPPC drops) from an XI mission.

Highest paying tour I've completed was abit over 30M credits pay and I've seen some on the BBS paying 8-10 million per sector. :o
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 05:42

Why I'm worried about killing someone being 'Kinda Evil', but letting him live being 'Most Assuredly Evil' in the OP?
That line was intended to be comical. I for one would rather be dead than a slave.

The theory is, that if they tried to take your life they forfeited their right to theirs. So killing them is one thing, sending them to a life of eternal servitude under the Split is somewhat more... sadistic.

Freedom is much more valuable than life.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 09:34

nman wrote:Ok, so to get the good "release slaves" command, I have to fly through a sector with captured astronauts in my cargobay?
Where else would you release them than on stations? Through the airlock? Converting them to (non-paying) passengers would be a disaster (as there is no way to get rid of such cargo, except by selling them as slaves, with ship, or the eject).

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 12:10

It all depnds on how you implement it. What you should be able to do is to convert them to passengers at any point. If you do it in flight then they will then disembark at the next station you dock at. That then removes the risk of the police charging you with slave trading when you are not. oh and in order to stop people exploiting this by turning them into passengers, flying them to a pirate base and then selling them as slaves, ex slaves converted to passengers can't be turned back into slaves. They will disembark as soon as you dock giving you no chance to be evil with them :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”