kyons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jordan kirwan
x3tc

kyons

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 13:37

how much will 10 gamma kyons sell for :?: :? :?: :? and were my best sell device keeps saying no buyers
just finished dealing with a khaak invasion got 10 gkyons of 2 destroyers and a carrier
[Insert sig here]

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 13:51

Are you talking X2 or X3? In X2, Kyons were gold mines--you captured a couple of betas off a Kha'ak M3 and you'd have enough to buy and fully equip an M3! They toned the price down quite considerably in X3.

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 13:54

x3 :(
In X2, Kyons were gold mines--you captured a couple of betas off a Kha'ak M3 and you'd have enough to buy and fully equip an M3! They toned the price down quite considerably in X3.
why on earth did they reduce the price i always thought if an item was hard to obtain it would make a small fortune
:? :gruebel:
is it worth keeping them to sell or should i just eject them and shoot them :?:
[Insert sig here]

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:00

Imagine the following situation:

You capture a Kha'ak M1 or M2 with no weapons.

Alright, chances are rather slim, if at all it's possible, but still... how'd you feel knowing you had the Kyons and sold them ?

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:04

one of those things that look like a pineapple i wouldnt even dream of owning them i would just scrap them at my HQ for the nividium
the carrier looks alright but it cant dock ships whats the point in having a carrier that cant dock ships
[Insert sig here]

tsineath
x3tc

Post by tsineath » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:11

X-Warrior B AS wrote:Imagine the following situation:

Alright, chances are rather slim, if at all it's possible, but still... how'd you feel knowing you had the Kyons and sold them ?
Is it possible to cap a Khaak M1 or M2? (without scripts)

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:12

As far as i know, Kyons are Kha'ak only weapons and are not sold by other races. You can however use the LV cheats and cheat the kyons. But you can only use them on Kha'ak ships.

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:29

I would imagine the only way you can sell them is to load them onto another ship then sell the ship. Never tried it though so don't know how much they'd boost the ship sell price by.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:37

Should be able to sell them to equiptment docks. If you're playing XTM some pirate ships can also equip Kyons.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 14:52

In addition to the Equipment Docks and Shipyards the Kyons you have can be sold to the Terracorp HQ in HoL. They have to be sold manually. They sell for about 115,000 Credits each.

Later, MBD.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 18:54

Kyons are so low priced in X3 for one reason, lack of demand. In X2, they were considered valuable because all the races wanted to research them. We can assume that the research market eventually got saturated due to the war. Since no other ships can use them, demand dropped dramatically. As a result, only collectors find them valuable in X3, so that now the largest of them, the Gamma Kyon, is worth about the same as an AHEPT.

That's my ingame rationalization, anyway. Take it or leave it. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”