CIG's, i've looked for these "crates" but no luck boohoo - help!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EpicArmour

CIG's, i've looked for these "crates" but no luck boohoo - help!

Post by EpicArmour » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 08:39

As the title says, i'm on the hunt for these little blighters and i have co-ordinates from an X3 active map but for the life of me, they ain't showing up on my triplex scanner! What am i doing wrong???

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 08:57

It's easier to just check the weapons left behind after battles, try shooting pirates, weapons dealers and doing high level assassination missions.
I've often found two or three after battles, they're fun to use but better to sell, you'll get 500,000 credits each for them.
On a similarly lucrative note, try shooting up some Xenon capital ships, they will often drop PPCs and heavy shields :wink: .
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 09:47

Need to get under 200m for those crates to pop up on the radar. If you look around with Video Enhancement Goggles you can see the silly crate from a good distance sometimes.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 13:19

tanner1ie wrote:It's easier to just check the weapons left behind after battles, try shooting pirates, weapons dealers and doing high level assassination missions.
I've often found two or three after battles, they're fun to use but better to sell, you'll get 500,000 credits each for them.
On a similarly lucrative note, try shooting up some Xenon capital ships, they will often drop PPCs and heavy shields :wink: .
I've never found shields after blowing up Xenon ships. When they do drop there's always an assortment of weapons. When I cap them there are shields sometimes. I wish there were shields, I have to buy them to equip my ships.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 13:30

tanner1ie wrote:It's easier to just check the weapons left behind after battles, try shooting pirates, weapons dealers and doing high level assassination missions.
Personally I check the weapons before the battle & remove any which aren't bolted down with a Cartel Shield Hacker - if you wait until after the ships gone boom a lot of its weapons may get damaged in the process.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 14:43

Drop an Advanced Satellite in the neighborhood. You have to get really close to the crates for them to show up on your ship's radar, but satellites can detect them anywhere in their normal scanning range.

EpicArmour

Post by EpicArmour » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 21:33

thanks guys, i'll drop in a sat and keep my fingers crossed.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 06:06

Do you use "move to position" command? It's the easiest way to find them, use that command, and to get the coordinates. use arrows (4,8,6,2) on Num pad, INS to flip the map and get Y coordinate. Then SETA and keep watching at the screen, - you are bound to fly by and see the crate, unless there's a 'roid there, then they will be somewhere around, fly a couple of times around it and check your sector map.

yourpowersareweakoldman
x3tc

Post by yourpowersareweakoldman » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 06:55

I don't know if they're randomly placed on game start.
Spoiler
Show
But I found a couple at Black Hole Sun. If you just fly around the asteroids enough you'll find it. I found a couple there by plopping down an Advanced Satellite though

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 07:02

yourpowersareweakoldman wrote:I don't know if they're randomly placed on game start.
Spoiler
Show
But I found a couple at Black Hole Sun. If you just fly around the asteroids enough you'll find it. I found a couple there by plopping down an Advanced Satellite though
it's one of the "standard" places, you can read about them HERE [/url]

EpicArmour

Post by EpicArmour » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 07:22

cheers again guys, much appreciated.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”