XI player kills count.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

avenger4o

XI player kills count.

Post by avenger4o » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 13:59

I'm wondering how reward for mission is calculated. recently i did XI in Getsu Fune. one of Ks killed other K, still at and i got rewarded as i killed it.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 14:04

Everything hangs on who takes out that final point of hull...

You can be in a destroyer slamming PPC slugs into the hull but if that teladi harriers Alpha Ire shot takes that final point of damage it's her that's taking away the bacon!

That's what's so annoying about it!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 14:28

silentWitness wrote:Everything hangs on who takes out that final point of hull...

You can be in a destroyer slamming PPC slugs into the hull but if that teladi harriers Alpha Ire shot takes that final point of damage it's her that's taking away the bacon!

That's what's so annoying about it!
Best ways to avoid this is to, either:
A. use fast firing weapons (PBEs are my personal preference) so more shots/second = better chance of getting the final shot, or
B. finish capital ships with missiles so the final shot is a big one, which destroys a significant chunk of the hull. Consequently, a few low powered IRE hits immediately before the missile hits don't make any significant difference.
I usually go for option B - half a dozen Thunderbolts, launched as soon as its shields fail, generally does an adequate job.

avenger4o

Post by avenger4o » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 14:30

my point is different, actualy i didnt killed that K, it was friendly fire from other K. usualy at and at my rank i get paid about 40 mil. i still got 42 mil. at the end of mision, but i didnt killed it. i made conclusion that ships killed from colugion or friendly fire still counts as player kill.

i'm sure it wasnt my kill becouse i dont get creditss for kill (with police license) and didnt got combat rank increase. in fact i was running away from K when it explodes from GPPCs from other one. if NPC was killed K i would get about 35-36 mil at end not 42.

formula should be something like that:

'total ships' - 'ships killed from friendly npc'='player kills'

EDIT: or may be its some bug i encountered here. and i'm not complaning NPCs stoled my kill. its about that i get rewarded without making it.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 14:33

I think you only have to be the last 'enemy' ship to hit the K. I certainly got some reputation boosts when I was playing chicken in a Xenon sector (getting the Js to kill off the Ks for me with their PPC fire). I guess it works the same for an XI?

M

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 18:05

J = 8,306,494cr
K = 5,932,199cr
L = 62,587cr
M = 40,502cr

Note that police license credits aren't always accompanied by an audio trigger, and you can't always see a combat rank increase. Maphys' theory seems the most plausible though.

avenger4o

Post by avenger4o » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 18:11

in my combat rank in Getsu Fune i get 2 Ks and 2 Js, if i kill all and almost all fighters i get about 40-42 mil.

My real question is why i get same amount after one of Ks killed other one, i should be rewarded about 35-36 mil, not 42. Why one K killing other K counts as i killed it when total mission reward is calculated.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 05:04

It is based on the last 'enemy' ship that hits it. So if you could keep the sector's defence force occupied elsewhere, and you only shoot it once, so long as the only things that hit it after that were its 'friends', then you'd be fine. You'd still get the payout. When checking who killed it, if the woner race of the ship is 'Xenon', then it seems to be ignored and looks at the last non-Xenon ship which hit it.

On a side note, I personally prefer Mass Drivers for XI missions. Makes life a hell of a lot simpler, as you can almost always guarantee you're the one to deliver the final blow.

avenger4o

Post by avenger4o » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 06:13

just a not from my latest experiment.

I jumped in nearby xenon sector and killed both Js that was jumping to deliver fighters in combat. at the and i also get paid for this kills, no matter it was out of mission sector.
It is based on the last 'enemy' ship that hits it. So if you could keep the sector's defence force occupied elsewhere, and you only shoot it once, so long as the only things that hit it after that were its 'friends', then you'd be fine. You'd still get the payout. When checking who killed it, if the woner race of the ship is 'Xenon', then it seems to be ignored and looks at the last non-Xenon ship which hit it.
Thanks for info. now it make sence why i get paid for its kill.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 08:10

avenger4o wrote: I jumped in nearby xenon sector and killed both Js that was jumping to deliver fighters in combat. at the and i also get paid for this kills, no matter it was out of mission sector.
Yes, that's a well known way to avoid all that tedious playing the game that's involved in blowing up all those Xenon fighters. :-)

avenger4o

Post by avenger4o » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 10:21

i knew it, just didnt knew you get paid for them too.
Noone lives forever!

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 12:20

pjknibbs wrote:
avenger4o wrote: I jumped in nearby xenon sector and killed both Js that was jumping to deliver fighters in combat. at the and i also get paid for this kills, no matter it was out of mission sector.
Yes, that's a well known way to avoid all that tedious playing the game that's involved in blowing up all those Xenon fighters. :-)
you can do xenon invasions OOS :evil: :evil: :evil:
then what am i doing sitting in mamba raider trying to kill xenon :evil: :evil: :evil:
[Insert sig here]

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 12:38

jordan kirwan wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
you can do xenon invasions OOS :evil: :evil: :evil:
then what am i doing sitting in mamba raider trying to kill xenon :evil: :evil: :evil:
Because it feels like more of an accomplishment when you do it in a lone M3, rather then just send your entire fleet in. :wink: :P

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 12:40

argon_emperor wrote:
jordan kirwan wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
you can do xenon invasions OOS :evil:
then what am i doing sitting in mamba raider trying to kill xenon :evil:
Because it feels like more of an accomplishment when you do it in a lone M3, rather then just send your entire fleet in. :wink: :P
true but it does get fustrating trying to take down those jumping J's :x
cause they keep dumping sh*t loads of fighters then jump out the dump some more on top of me :evil:
[Insert sig here]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 12:46

argon_emperor wrote:Because it feels like more of an accomplishment when you do it in a lone M3, rather then just send your entire fleet in. :wink: :P
Besides, the feeling of watching a 750 MJ Xenon J decimate the 10 GJ shielded Phoenix OOS in two rounds almost invariably is even worse than "easy credits".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 13:10

jlehtone wrote:
argon_emperor wrote:Because it feels like more of an accomplishment when you do it in a lone M3, rather then just send your entire fleet in. :wink: :P
Besides, the feeling of watching a 750 MJ Xenon J decimate the 10 GJ shielded Phoenix OOS in two rounds almost invariably is even worse than "easy credits".
And here I was thinking that a ship's shields were taken into account during OOS...

But more than likely it was also being attacked by fighters at the same time, and if it didn't prioritize on the J, then it would've been wasted. Something I've noticed in OOS combat: Each ship only engages one target at at time, regardless of how many turrets it has. Which is a pain, especially when you're trying to fend off a sector you've destroyed, and a damn carrier of the original owner's keeps coming in with a bucket load of fighters, and your stupid capital ship, which IS is capable of owning them all ten times over, can't even survive...

Grr...

Let's hope they've taken turrets into account for OOS combat in Terran Conflict.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 20:04

jordan kirwan wrote: true but it does get fustrating trying to take down those jumping J's :x
cause they keep dumping sh*t loads of fighters then jump out the dump some more on top of me :evil:
every fighter that doesn't get launched is one more fighter you dont get paid for, and you dont get rep for killing. i milk the jumping j routine for every fighter i can squeeze out of them when i'm doing XIs. more money, more rep, more fun.

and on top of that, there is a finite number of fighters they will launch. they will eventually run out of fighters and stay in sector so you can kill them.

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 20:06

JMCorp wrote:
and on top of that, there is a finite number of fighters they will launch. they will eventually run out of fighters and stay in sector so you can kill them.
really?
i tend to try and destroy them as soon as i see them :evil: :x
[Insert sig here]

tsineath
x3tc

Post by tsineath » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 20:13

JMCorp wrote:
On a couple of occasions I had the J's quit coming. I would always leave a couple m3's around just so i would not get the "thanks for your help" message. And the J's quit coming so after a while I would go ahead and kill the last ones. Which would hurt my final pay check. Anyone else experience this?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 20:17

The only time I've seen that happen is when the helper ships kill the J early.

All the capitals are spawned at the start of the mission - clearing all the fighters shouldn't end the mission early unless all the capitals are already dead.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”