Kha'ak attacks on Home of Light...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Terminator05
x3

Kha'ak attacks on Home of Light...

Post by Terminator05 » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 18:55

I had just finished the first mission of the game and was heading back to HoL, just as two Kha'ak destroyers and a cluster jump in-system. Since I only had my Buster, I high tailed it out of the system.
Will the Argon forces muster a defense of will they just lie down and let the Kha'ak completely annihilate the system? What happens if they destroy the Terracorp HQ, will it stay destroyed forever or respawn?

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 20:09

Each core sector has a destroyer and carrier of the race in it. They'll at least try to defend the sector, but I don't know much about the strength of a Kha'ak capital, so I don't know how well they'll defend. As for Terracorp, if it is destroyed it'll probably respawn, but it might be scripted to be invincible (as is the Argon One and the pleasure complex in Senator's Badlands).

Terminator05
x3

Post by Terminator05 » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 20:49

Yes, the Kha'ak already attacked Argon Prime with 3 destroyers, and got a very warm welcome from the Argon One!

The only large ship that was in HoL was a Argon Mammoth, which was destroyed in about 10 seconds flat.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 20:57

I've literally had the same thing happen in Elena's Fortune about 5 minutes ago... a carrier, a destroyer and about 4 clusters jumped in as I was traversing the sector. I flew to the trade station to save and started fighting.

Finally, the Argon response flew through the west gate. An Argon Cerberus with M3 support (I'm playing XTM) came blazing through. "Yay, the cavalry has arrived!" I thought, but then, they came to a full stop, sat there, did a 180 degree turn and flew straight back out again!

Looks like it's down to me and my trust Nova! :lol:

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 04:30

Tycow wrote:I've literally had the same thing happen in Elena's Fortune about 5 minutes ago... a carrier, a destroyer and about 4 clusters jumped in as I was traversing the sector. I flew to the trade station to save and started fighting.

Finally, the Argon response flew through the west gate. An Argon Cerberus with M3 support (I'm playing XTM) came blazing through. "Yay, the cavalry has arrived!" I thought, but then, they came to a full stop, sat there, did a 180 degree turn and flew straight back out again!

Looks like it's down to me and my trust Nova! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

useless fleet

luckily enough, ive only had one split sector ive never needed wiped out completey,

there was one time though, in Light Water, north of lucky planets or something near there, i was looking for concussion impulse generators, and when i got there in my hyperion, i found a nice little khaak fleet, a detroyer, carrier, and several clusters... well i wiped out the clusters no problem but my hyperion kept getting slaughtered by the destroyer AND carrier.

so i went and got my boron ray, and those khaak didnt stand a chance against my 8 forward GPPC's

:twisted:
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 04:42

I remember the first time I saw the Kha'ak. I was in Argon Prime flying around in my Buster, then about 7 KM from me, 3 Clusters jumped in.
They instantly disbanded and started attacking everything in sight, so I thought I should go check em out.

HUGE MISTAKE!! :lol:

Little did I know back then, was their weapons are EXTREMELY powerful. I flew to the center of em and destroyed one Scout ship.
So I thought to myself, "These guys aren't so bad."

Then I could've sworn all the ships turned on me at the same time and just turned me to dust.

True story. No joke What-so-ever.

Blown
x4

Post by Blown » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 08:52

sounds right... you hit the cluster, the cluster hits you!!!

Kill the Fighter, and the scouts lose coordination, but they will probably still attack the nearest thing to them (likely to be you, if you just killed the leader).

But be warned, if you don't kill the fighter, then the cluster will attack you as a unit.
Targeting and shooting Reds at every opportunity, and the occasional blue...

Thank you for your valuable assistance, we offer you a pittance in credits, and some goodwill for you covering for our incompetent defenses.

Please cease attacking our assets!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 09:11

Blown wrote:sounds right... you hit the cluster, the cluster hits you!!!

Kill the Fighter, and the scouts lose coordination, but they will probably still attack the nearest thing to them (likely to be you, if you just killed the leader).

But be warned, if you don't kill the fighter, then the cluster will attack you as a unit.
You sure? Wow lol. Somehow I nev er noticed that. My cluster strategy was kill as fast as possible which meant saving the fighter for last. So I suppose I could not notice that then eh :khaak: I will have to try to pop the fighter first next time, just typicaly I can pop 3 or 4 scouts ( and severely reducing the dps of the lcuster ) in the same amount of time as the fighter. But if they loose their coordination then it would be worth killing fighter first.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 09:42

You're lucky in that Home of Light also has a unique...M2, I think it is? It's named (Relentless or something like that) and if memory serves, it's unkillable. So it will destroy the Kha'ak ships in short order.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 09:49

Incubi wrote:
Blown wrote:sounds right... you hit the cluster, the cluster hits you!!!

You sure? Wow lol. Somehow I nev er noticed that. My cluster strategy was kill as fast as possible which meant saving the fighter for last. So I suppose I could not notice that then eh :khaak: I will have to try to pop the fighter first next time, just typicaly I can pop 3 or 4 scouts ( and severely reducing the dps of the lcuster ) in the same amount of time as the fighter. But if they loose their coordination then it would be worth killing fighter first.
The scouts probably have orders to protect the fighter when they are spawned.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 11:57

I was lucky this time round the invaision happened in Paranid prime and was quickly dealt with by the paranid.

As for the clusters a hammerhead missile or firestorm torpedo usually does the trick on them :P
//edit
Indecently firestorms on P patrols are also a very gratifying use of an ordinance :D

Terminator05
x3

Post by Terminator05 » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 17:34

Yes, the Argon are pretty pathetic, the last ships to gate in were 5 M5's which got creamed as soon as they came in.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 17:59

Gothsheep wrote:You're lucky in that Home of Light also has a unique...M2, I think it is? It's named (Relentless or something like that) and if memory serves, it's unkillable. So it will destroy the Kha'ak ships in short order.
I'm pretty sure that HoL has no capital ships in it, ocational M6 patrol might swing by.

Maybe if you could collect enough hired TL's they could kill the khaak or get wiped out for your amusement.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 18:23

Geggo wrote:
Gothsheep wrote:You're lucky in that Home of Light also has a unique...M2, I think it is? It's named (Relentless or something like that) and if memory serves, it's unkillable. So it will destroy the Kha'ak ships in short order.
I'm pretty sure that HoL has no capital ships in it, ocational M6 patrol might swing by.

Maybe if you could collect enough hired TL's they could kill the khaak or get wiped out for your amusement.
I've got a station there, always a Titan and a Colossus milling about.

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 19:13

The Reliant is in Cloudbase SW and not in Home of Light. Just play the game and get the Hyperion as fast as possible. TLs will never be able to kill a Khaak M2, it has 9 GJ of shields! Even an argonian M2 won't have many chances.
Get the Hyperion as fast as possible (I got it at Day 2, 2:00 of playtime =)), than get a high rank with the paranids and buy 4 shockwavegenerators for the front turrets of the Hyperion. With about 80-120 fightingdrones (release all at once 7km in front of the khaak) you can distract the M2 long enoug from shooting at you to get its shields down. Plasmaguns are usless against 9GJ of shields and the Gamma Kyon-Emmitters are doing too much damage to the low 3 GJ shields of the Hyperion, so Shockwaves and Fighterdrones are a must-have.

The Khaak M1 instead is easy to kill with the standard-equipment of your Hyperion and 40 fighterdrones, of course its easier with shockwaves too.

Can't think of other ways to get rid of the khaakinvasions in coresectors, and Home of Light is at least vital to me in the beginning of the game.

Perhaps you are lucky, because often the Khaaks are just flying circles away from the normal ecliptic of the sector without attacking any stations and won't attack your ships if they just pass the sector.

Fred_Sanford

Post by Fred_Sanford » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 19:18

The ole ele w/2BPPC in the rear works for me

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 00:12

The Renown hangs out in CBSW, iirc (although it might patrol).

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 01:29

Carlo the Curious wrote:
The Renown hangs out in CBSW, iirc (although it might patrol).
Yeah its CBSW and it never leaves that sector.

HoL normally has a m2 in it, but that wont last long against GKyons on the khaak m2, AI are useless against them.

I had it once in barren shores i think it was, well it was one of the southern boron sectors, they wiped out the defence force in minutes and I had to send my own fleet in to save the sector. Trick is close fast and hard, you wont outrange the khaak!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 01:54

MegaJohnny wrote:Each core sector has a destroyer and carrier of the race in it. They'll at least try to defend the sector, but I don't know much about the strength of a Kha'ak capital, so I don't know how well they'll defend. As for Terracorp, if it is destroyed it'll probably respawn, but it might be scripted to be invincible (as is the Argon One and the pleasure complex in Senator's Badlands).
- the Kha'ak took out virtually everything in Ore Belt in my current game..
- so I rebuilt the place myself, replacing all the destroyed stations and setting up CAGs to disperse stuff..

- if the originals do respawn, Ore Belt's gonna get mighty crowded.. :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 11:02

My first real Khaak encounter was not fun. I was doing the Bala Gi missions, and so I headed off to Grand exchange and when I did, it was a sea of red.

The Khaak really made a mess of the place. Before I even got there, they had wiped out all but three SPP, and the shipyard (which is unkillable). There were no friendly units in system, and I am in a nova, my only ship. I went to check out the shipyard, only to find that it was swarming with Khaak ships, mostly scouts, which accounted for the lack of friendlys. The sector was at NPC ship limit.

And here I am, having to tow the M7 to the grand exchange shipyard... JOY!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”