xenon invasion mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrwHem
x4

xenon invasion mission

Post by DrwHem » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 21:22

so i attempted to use the search feature on this website to lookup info on invasion missions but that thing is worthless. i got every topic with the words xenon or invasion so ill just ask. how are xenon invasion missions setup to appear? so far ive checked every single factory and trading station in 3 jumps of a xenon sector and i still havnt found a mission. i have a fighter with a combat rank of marksman.

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 21:26

good question. lol
i've never seen an XI appear, apparently theres a pattern but you have to work it out. lol

as for the useless search, its alot easier to use google and type egosoft fourm, then what you're looking for.
theres also a better way to search using google but i cant remember it.
i've given up on the board search cos every time i look for something comes back with almost every post. lol

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 21:29

it normally goes on in one sector only! at a time
try the sectors within 3 jumps of thes:
getsu fune
scale plate grean+new income
black hole sun
menaleasus paradise
[Insert sig here]

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 21:33

At worst I have seen almost a game day long period when there was no XI missions anywhere, now I have done 4 in matter of couple hours. All because random number generator.

I doubt that your combat rank has any affect on the appearance rate, just the intensity.

Just to speed your looking trips, you only need to visit one station in each sector, if there's XI on, it 's on all stations.

When I find one I usually order my raptor to jump ahead and move near the sectors trading station, and then I fly to that sector my self and take the mission there, gives max time to prepare and take out K's before the helpers jump in. (also minimizes collateral damage to stations)

Fred_Sanford

Post by Fred_Sanford » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 22:06

There is a list of only a few sectors that you need to check every 8-12 hours (search the forums, it's around). As above, you only have to check one station per sector (doesn't matter which one). Combat rank only affects the number/type of enemy. I can not recall atm what the starting condition is for the first XI.

Edit:
Spoiler
Show
Try these sectors:
Getsu Fune
Menelaus Paradise
Thyn's Abyss
Black Hole Sun
Scale Plate Green

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Thu, 4. Sep 08, 09:19

I don't know but for me, Getsu Fune has at least one XI. But that because of not being vanilla i think.

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 14:38

Fred_Sanford wrote:There is a list of only a few sectors that you need to check every 8-12 hours (search the forums, it's around). As above, you only have to check one station per sector (doesn't matter which one). Combat rank only affects the number/type of enemy. I can not recall atm what the starting condition is for the first XI.

Edit:
Spoiler
Show
Try these sectors:
Getsu Fune
Menelaus Paradise
Thyn's Abyss
Black Hole Sun
Scale Plate Green
Now thats interesting, because I only find XI mission BBS entries in the sectors adjacent to the ones listed above, not in those sectors themselves

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 14:55

If the BBS entry is up it will be in every sector around, including the one being invaded. Usually I see it in a sector a little way away from the target then fly to a station in the sector to be invaded before picking it up, so I can be on hand right away when it starts.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 16:05

I just jump around 5 of the 6 Sectors with possible XIs every 8 hours and I always find one. No need to check adjustant sectors. The XI will be shown in evere Sector within 2 Jumps in every station, but only if the sector is of the same race (you don't get a message in black hole sun about an XI in Thynns Abyss).

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 20:42

Coffee-Man wrote:I just jump around 5 of the 6 Sectors with possible XIs every 8 hours and I always find one. No need to check adjustant sectors. The XI will be shown in evere Sector within 2 Jumps in every station, but only if the sector is of the same race (you don't get a message in black hole sun about an XI in Thynns Abyss).
I tend to tour, buying weapons and stuff in an M3 while I trapse back and forth through the XI belt. I usually go from Ianamus Zura -> Black Hole Sun -> Getsu Fune (obviously hitting all the sectors inbetween!), then either loop back via Grand Exchange (although I don't think I have ever seen an XI there) to Interworlds (usually some cheap HEPTs to make money off there), through the Paranid bits to Pirate Alley and then start the loop again. That is usually if I have found something, so I am not restarting the loop too early. Otherwise I jump back to New Income and start over.
And the starting requirements, if any, cannot be much because I have done some feeble XIs with only a few Ms and an L or two showing up. I wanted to charge the Xenon Sector shouting "Bad Show! Call yourselves a threat?"

M

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 21:13

maphys wrote:
Coffee-Man wrote:then either loop back via Grand Exchange (although I don't think I have ever seen an XI there)
Xenon 598 does not spawn XI missions. Therefore Grand Exchange/Z'rt's Dominion will never be invaded ;)
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 21:43

Xenon 598 does not spawn XI missions. Therefore Grand Exchange/Z'rt's Dominion will never be invaded
I had guessed it didn't - but anyone know why? I get why not Xenon 101 but why not 598? Unless it is to protect the SPP?

M

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 22:01

This has come up before and will come up again. IIRC XI's are based on X2 code and Grand Echange was added in X3. Or something similar.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 22:01

maphys wrote:I had guessed it didn't - but anyone know why?
Xenon Invasion was added in patch to X2. The X2 galaxy did not have X101 nor X598. X2 XI has bugs. Those were worked on for X3, but nobody probably had time to revise the rest of the attack plans.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 22:03

I've asked the same question not so long ago :?
It's because the list of possible invaded sectors comes from X2, and there is no X598 sector in X2
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 22:07

Wow - thanks all! Three replies that quick...

I didn't play X2 beyond trying the first mission and discovering I couldn't control the thing. I've never got further from Argon Prime than Ore Belt in the few times I've tried to start the game!
:D

M

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”