Nowhere to sell 25MJ shield and tempest missiles?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

riceiq999

Nowhere to sell 25MJ shield and tempest missiles?

Post by riceiq999 » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 07:34

I have a huge complex producing 25MJ shield and tempest missiles. I built them mainly for my own use. But I can only use so much and now they are in excess. I assigned very experienced commercial agents to sell these 2 products but they won't sell (I checked the station parameter and the their "Jump" values = None) so I guess no equitment docks want to buy them, Am I right? that's just sad considering the stations are a huge investment.

And also sometimes my energy transporter CLS2 ships choose to fly back to homebase instead of jumping. For a particular CLS2 ship 98% of the times it jumps, but with that 2% of the times it flies and wasted a lot of time (I'm guessing because the station which it tries to dump the Ecells is already full of Ecells so it can't dump so it just went crazy and chose to fly back). Anybody knows why? Thanks.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 07:49

If you can't get your ships to auto-sell the shields and missiles (I've used the normal sell ware for best) you can always manually sell them to equipment docks.

Edit: 100th post, slowest posting on any board for me lol
[ external image ]
Last edited by Aro on Fri, 5. Sep 08, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 07:51

The problem with AI equipmend docks is that they stay full for very long periods of time after your trade ships sell stuff to it.

The way around this is to horde all the 25mw shields and missiles and then sell them manually yorself at an equipment dock that does not hold this item. Because it does not hold the item, it never gets full. Your trade ships are unable to do this automatically for you.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 08:01

Spoiler
Show
The eq dock in Home of light ( terracorp ) will buy all weapons, in fact any eq dock will buy all weapons, the only ones you can not sell them all to is whatever the eq dock is scripted to hold. You will still only be able to sell so many at a time, but once the sale is over you can sell again. AI traders can not sell this way, the dock has to carry the goods for purchase and sales.

ps IMO never sell 25 mj shields ( unless early game and you really need the credits ) There is possibly no shield you will need more than this one. M3 fighters and TS ships both use them and are typicaly ( not allways ) the ships you use the most. I suggest stockpiling these for a rainy day. A rainy day is buying 30 novas and needing 90 25 mj shields to outfit them all. Ahepts and bhepts are another item, to hoard.

I use a elephant to hoard these items in, with a ts ship to transfer the goods to it. This way you can dock 14 m3's at a time on it and quickly outfit them witht he shields missles and guns they need. I keep the elephant docked at HQ or a eq dock for easy equiping of ts ships.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 18:23

Go to the equipment dock in Elysium Of Light.
It doesn't stock any weapons/shields/missiles, but you can sell everything there when you do it manually, loads of it.
And since the sector is owned by the Goner, you should get a Goner rep-boost too IIRC.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 18:28

@Incubi: If you have the money for 30 new Novas, why don't you just wait 2 hours to buy the L version with maximum shields??? :D Easier than waste an elephant to store the stuff, isn't it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Nowhere to sell 25MJ shield and tempest missiles?

Post by Nanook » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 18:29

riceiq999 wrote:I have a huge complex producing 25MJ shield and tempest missiles. I built them mainly for my own use. But I can only use so much and now they are in excess. I assigned very experienced commercial agents to sell these 2 products but they won't sell (I checked the station parameter and the their "Jump" values = None) so I guess no equitment docks want to buy them, Am I right? that's just sad considering the stations are a huge investment.....
What's the selling price of your shields and missiles, and what's the jump range set for the complex? If the price is even one credit above average, you'll get a 'none'. If the jump range is less than the nearest equipment dock, you'll get a 'none'. Only a couple of other places besides Split Equipment Docks will buy 25 MJ shields, and if the Split are your enemies, then you'll also get a 'none'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rabiddeity
x3tc

Post by rabiddeity » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 22:40

It never made sense to me that in the X3 universe EVERYONE needs 25MJ shields for the zillions of TS and M3 ships flying around, there should be a huge demand for them. Yet only a few equipment docks stock them, and they're constantly understocked at the factories in my game. It's at the point where I have to manually supply raw materials to the factories, and every time the price goes slightly under average some bandit AL ship makes off with all the supply. I can understand that not every dock would stock them, but you'd figure most should. Same with at least one version of PAC, since fighters are the most common attacking ship and almost every ship can fit at least alpha PAC.

On the other hand, why do so many stations bother stocking 1MJ shields? Lots of people swear by 1MJ shield fabs as legit money spinners, but you'd think nobody would buy them.

It also doesn't seem balanced that
Spoiler
Show
you can sell any weapon or shield to an equipment dock which doesn't stock it and yet you still get average market price. I understand it's a convenience issue but they should offer a much lower price.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 23:19

At the end of the day, it is quite apparent that X3 was a "hurry up job." The producers said something like, "I saw you dock that ship and sell those goods! THE GAME IS READY!!! Let's book some revenue now."

There is a BBS mission where the split are dissing the Borons for making a weapon that does no ship damage but only takes out the shield (Ion Disrupter). Yet, they themselves sell the factory that makes them in Family Rhy. Seems, one development team doesn't know what the other teams are working on.

There's evidence all over the game where they missed the story line. Along with a boat load of bugs that would have been obvious had they taken a hour to actually play what they made.

But no, as soon as the production manager saw that as soon as they could automatically dock a ship and sell it's wares, they put the game in a box.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 00:02

well if ur that upset about it "bothersome", then dont play it!!!!

Everyone else can just enjoy this fantastic game
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 00:56

Bothersome wrote:.....
There is a BBS mission where the split are dissing the Borons for making a weapon that does no ship damage but only takes out the shield (Ion Disrupter). Yet, they themselves sell the factory that makes them in Family Rhy. ......
The Split 'diss' the Ion Disruptor as a viable weapon. But they do use it on their TP's for the purpose of capturing space flies. To them, it's only useful as a 'resource gathering tool', not as a weapon of war. Wussy Boron! :P
Seems, one development team doesn't know what the other teams are working on
Seems they did. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 01:44

Coffee-Man wrote:@Incubi: If you have the money for 30 new Novas, why don't you just wait 2 hours to buy the L version with maximum shields??? :D Easier than waste an elephant to store the stuff, isn't it?
Considering I only use seta to evaluate complexes and travel, plus latr in the game make my own ships.... that 2 hours would be 1 hour and 45 minutes real time wait. ( depending on average ) I am not going to do that :P heh.

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 03:27

Incubi wrote:
ps IMO never sell 25 mj shields ( unless early game and you really need the credits ) There is possibly no shield you will need more than this one. M3 fighters and TS ships both use them and are typicaly ( not allways ) the ships you use the most. I suggest stockpiling these for a rainy day. A rainy day is buying 30 novas and needing 90 25 mj shields to outfit them all. Ahepts and bhepts are another item, to hoard.
so basically... no, jsut buy your fighters and transports as a model L, sure you pay more but you dont have to go around searching like a madman for what you need.
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 04:04

KennethX3Freak wrote:
Incubi wrote:
so basically... no, jsut buy your fighters and transports as a model L, sure you pay more but you dont have to go around searching like a madman for what you need.
See one post above yours for my responce to same point made all ready :boron:

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 04:10

Incubi wrote:
Coffee-Man wrote:@Incubi: If you have the money for 30 new Novas, why don't you just wait 2 hours to buy the L version with maximum shields??? :D Easier than waste an elephant to store the stuff, isn't it?
Considering I only use seta to evaluate complexes and travel, plus latr in the game make my own ships.... that 2 hours would be 1 hour and 45 minutes real time wait. ( depending on average ) I am not going to do that :P heh.
Ok, but you don't need to wait all the time. I have a Discoverer docked at the Omicron Lyrae shipyard and every now and then, between doing my stuff, I take a look if I can buy L versions of the Superfreighters again (can't have enoug of them :D), mainly because I don't have the patience to wait for a shieldfactory to produce enough shields for all my freighters. On the other hand: I think its fun to fit out 30 Novas with shields and weapons on your own, I see, you like the "oldschool" hard way ;).

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 04:51

Coffee-Man wrote:
Incubi wrote:
Ok, but you don't need to wait all the time. I have a Discoverer docked at the Omicron Lyrae shipyard and every now and then, between doing my stuff, I take a look if I can buy L versions of the Superfreighters again (can't have enoug of them :D), mainly because I don't have the patience to wait for a shieldfactory to produce enough shields for all my freighters. On the other hand: I think its fun to fit out 30 Novas with shields and weapons on your own, I see, you like the "oldschool" hard way ;).
well a 4 x 25 mj shield fab keeps up anyway :D Not to pricy either and pays for tiself and the use fairly fast.

47,384,708 credits

4 x split 25 mj fab
2 m chelt
2 m rastor
1 x teladi l ore 20 yield ( easy to find )
3 x boron crystal fab
1 x bofu l
1 x bogas l
1 x teladi silicon l 26 yield
15 x construction kit

the factory will flash from time to time but the product itself is made with no delays and I do not spend extra credits to avoid flashies. 47 mill may seem like a alot of credits to spend for a non profit fab, but ut realy does catch up fairly quickly. makes 5.71 shields an hour and can store 56 shields before you need to equip something, or transfer it. So planning ahead and making thisw before you start needing them en mass is important. I have a similar ahept fab complex. but that cost a lot more.

I place my HQ is Elysium of light now ( used to be brennans triumph but I like this better ) So mass equiping is really easy for me :D Including qucikly getting Jump Drives on teh ships I want to have them :D

Yeah a lot of work for being lazy and impatient.. but aint that just the cost of being lazy and impatient anyway :D

ps keep in mind that x time is relative and some people get confused. 1 hour my time is significantly less money and production time that 1 hour for someone who sits on seta. ! hour my time is somewhat less than 1 hour for someone who lives in xenon or khaak space and fight 24/7. I used 1 hour in game time so in that case it is the same for everyone.

Also before anyone says it, this is not self defeating over looking at staitons over a 2 hour period because you are not outfitting 10 novas every 2 hours ;) my plan is to plan ahead for needs.

this ps was made due to some of the confusion that can be caused by the relativity of X.... including the concept of how often you need ships and when.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 14:12

Coffee-Man wrote:I take a look if I can buy L versions of the Superfreighters again (can't have enoug of them :D), mainly because I don't have the patience to wait for a shieldfactory to produce enough shields for all my freighters.
That's the problem tho, isn't it? "If" you can buy the L version. It is random. You can't predict whether it'll be available or not. If you "can't get enough" of the ships and they simply don't have them in every time you check, I'd rather have the gear to equip them myself.

If they don't have something similar in X3:TC, it's something I'm going to post on DEVNET - let me pre-order L versions. I don't mind waiting if I know they're going to be there :)

Tim

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 14:43

In fact, as you say, it's random. So you DO know that they will be there. You just don't know exactly when. Checking it every couple of hours (Gametime-hours - when you normally have to check for your UTs or stations) makes it nearly impossible to miss an opportunity to get the L versions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”