X3-Sectors prone to Xenon invasions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

When you fight in Xenon Invasions, your gameplay in sectors with asteroids is...

Poll ended at Fri, 14. Nov 08, 06:59

Excellent, my system doesn't care if the screen is full of debris
44%
Good, X3 runs over 15 fps and I still make a lotta kills
19%
Relatively good, at 10-15 fps my patience isn't gone yet
19%
Poor, as in because of the bad fps my targeting system eyes friendly race stations
19%
Lame, my PC crashes frequently during such situations
No votes

Total votes: 32

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

X3-Sectors prone to Xenon invasions

Post by BeidAmmikon » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 07:59

Vanilla X3, v2.5 with Bonus Pack 3107. Nearly all the sectors that are subject to Xenon invasions either are full of dense gas, or asteroids, and to name a few there would be Eighteen Billion, Scale Plate Green and Getsu Fune. Now, this is not about the sector layout by itself, but with what happens during and after a battle. See, not all of us have 512+ MB high-end video cards (I have a 256MB ASUS/nVidia 7600GT) and PC's with parallel processors (mine runs at 3GHz only, assisted by 2GB RAM). So, when the asteroids are all but a few broken into small pieces, rocks, dust whatever, and the K's and J's spill out from their PPCs a lotta light balls, the game gets UNPLAYABLE, ie. cannot dogfight at 3 fps. This leads to lost profit and a verrrry bad mood, which I for myself could very well dispense of. So, developers, what were you thinking when you designed those sectors? If we WANT to battle the Xenon and GAIN credits, how are we supposed to destroy a ship that spirals between hundreds of rocks that need to be drawn, even at poor resolution? That is, if we want to do real battles (rare indeed these missions, in X3, aside from jumping in a Xenon sector by free will and seeking trouble), are we to suffer the dramatic decrease in quality of gameplay and fps just so, because someone decided the layout of the invaded sectors as if only for the hk of it? Please do something about this in Terran Conflict, a script or something to do decent battles in SOME clear sectors; as in, THINK! And work to such end, that your effort be APPRECIATED BY US, THE GAMERS, that is ALSO.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 08:07

This is a little strange, i have a fairly similay setup to you but i very rarely get slideshows un less it gets to the point of having a daft amount of capital ships in sector with me, the miniroids dont seem to do that much to me.

The thing is, i hate the miniroids for a different reason, by all rights they shouldnt be strewn all over the inside of sectors, by now, after the years of kyle brennan flying about i think he woould of hoovered all these free rescources up, and if these miniroids are the after effect of Khaak .... well either way it was a bad design idea to put them along main flight routes
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 08:15

Maybe I haven't made my point correctly - the story is about when fighting BETWEEN the rocks, not situations when the myriad of rocks are relatively far in the distance.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 08:16

Scale Plate Green is the only one of the six that actually starts with rock clusters. The others have at most map Asteroids. Naturally, a stray Hornet during fight can change that.

Since any gunshot can fragment rock clusters, the SPG did got quite demanding on patience in my game. Naturally, there is the possibility to blow them all up. Or now with Bonuspack additions to mobile mine them out.

But when it was at its worst, I shifted to the "quick XI": kill K's, then J's in the nearby sector. Still, with 7600GT and a dual-core worse than yours, the SPG was tolerable, and the others quite nice. I must have lowered expectations. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 10:10

I used to go slideshow mode, then I ran the 'remove every single non maproid from the universe' script.

All better :)
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Commander PJ
x3

Post by Commander PJ » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 10:31

Gotta love an overclocked QX6850 and SLId 8800 GTXs 8)
i7 4930K @ 4200MHz
EVGA DARK
16GB DDR3 2400MHz
3x SLI GTX 780s
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Win 7 Ultimate

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 14:34

My PC's reasonably happy with asteroids, but large amounts of PPC fire (say, a 10xK XTM) make it sad (Q6600, 8800 GTS 512).

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 15. Sep 08, 15:20

Heck. I voted wrong. I was thinking of taxi missions where the Xenon come after you.
As far as the Xenon invasions go, I have no problems with frame rates. I fly my K fully loaded and with Pandora engine and rudder tunings during the invasion. I've done some in Scale Plate Green with no frame rate drops.
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Tue, 16. Sep 08, 08:14

I think that framerate is the main reason the Xenon Carriers keep jumping back with small batches of fighters in X invasions, rather than with a full load all at once which would probably make even the higest spec PC system die. Even during a Taxi mission with just one carrier and about 24 fighters my framerate dropped way down - in Elenas Fortutune. Remedy: I flew out about 40 k's and they all followed me - framerate improved to excellent once away from the asteroids and space rocks.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 16. Sep 08, 18:35

On an 8800GTS and an AMD dual 2GHz, the big fight in the end of the plot was pretty damn laggy. Although I did see a Kha'ak destroyer in a random sector shooting at a station, probably the sign of an invasion, and my PC couldn't care less.

Maybe I should use the miniroid culling script, I never bother with mobile mining, and if it can really make that much of a difference...

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 01:07

8800GTX 768MB
4gb DDR2 Ram
AMD 5000+ Athlon (2.4ghz) Dual Core.

PC runs fine during anything. (Except the heretics end battle in the campaign....i dunno why)

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 01:28

Getsu Fune, 2 Xenon K and 1 (I think) jumping J
P4 HT 3GHz, OCd to 4GHz
3GB DDR2 533 4-4-4-12
nVidia 8600 GTS
160GB HD

Except, before I added 2GB of new memory last night, I never got CTD. Last night, accidentally rammed the second K with my Medusa after taking down the first, so I reloaded. Then I would get the CTD after about 10-15 minutes into the XI. Reloaded, tried again, another CTD. After the third one, I gave up for the night. Going to run memtest86.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 02:44

Often it will be the case that a computer system will run well below its full potential. You could create a list of possible reasons to fill enough A4 pages to stretch from here to Argon Prime!! And even then it may just come down to the alighnment of the stars and the moon or the type of hat your wearing or how often you brush your teeth!!

In the end it all boils down to C FORMAT and reinstall Operating system.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”