[x3:reunion] Setting homebase/wingman on docked ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

suntox

[x3:reunion] Setting homebase/wingman on docked ships

Post by suntox » Wed, 24. Sep 08, 22:10

i just bought my first carrier and filled it with m3s by making a huge group (bonus pack), setting the leaders homebase to the raptor and telling him to go home.

worked so far, but how am i now getting the other 64 ships to have the same homebase (the raptor) and set most of them to wingman? they did dock on the raptor but they did not adapt his homebase setting. editing each single one is not realy an option with that many fighters obviously.

is there a script to set homebase on all docked ships? or a way to highlight/edit multiple identical ships?

Arcturas
x4

Post by Arcturas » Wed, 24. Sep 08, 22:18

I set each one individually on my collusus( both of them loaded ) , that's 120 ships. doesn't take that long.
The Gobs of Bog will consume you all.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 24. Sep 08, 22:35

You may want to look into the Anarkis Carrier Commands script if you intend to use a large generic group of fighters on a carrier. It's able to do mass homebasing as well as many other tasks that make carriers easier to use.

I believe the Group Management System is better suited for small, well defined fighter wings.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 24. Sep 08, 22:58

You should have set the home on the leader first, and then create the group.

You still can: Group dissolve, Group create.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

suntox

Post by suntox » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 00:06

@jlehtone: ty, thats good to know.

@Sandalpocalypse: thanks, gonna try that script, hope it doesnt conflict with any of the 26 other scripts already running. seems to use quite a few command slots. looks perfect though. do you know a script that lets the carrier slowly repair damaged ships? preferably for cash rather then resources.

@Arcturas: lol, thats crazy :)

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 00:16

lol Arcturas....tahts what i do...

Anyone know where to find a good CAG - beginners guide? i got no idea how they work or how to set them up, or even what they do really. (Cant find a good one in the stickies)

suntox

Post by suntox » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 01:33

the readme of the bonus pack is pretty good, explains it quiet ok (commercial agent).

basicaly just "set a homestation" (or complex) for a TS and select "trade/start commercial representation" and they start working for that station.

just be aware that they lvl up over time and at the beginning they only buy resources. afterwards they also sell products, and again later they also sell intermediates if they work for a complex.

as it seems by now to me, a new cag on a new factory will lvl just fine. on a already working factory, a station manager ship might be needed for support for a while so the factory doesnt stop producing due to lack of storage space.

edit: and if they spam too much, this version adds an option to make em shut up.

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 02:01

thanks for that.

suntox

Post by suntox » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 02:29

strange, now i got something like a big coin in the bottom left of the screen. thick white coin with lines on it and a golden rim around it. maybe a "promotion" medal that got stuck? cant get rid of it by deactivating scripts.

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 03:02

save and restart pc.

suntox

Post by suntox » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 10:43

didnt help. if its the battle rank promotion thing maybe it goes away on next promotion. not a gamebreaker anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”