Quick wingmen setup ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

richandtan
x3

Quick wingmen setup ?

Post by richandtan » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 21:03

Ok, playing X2 tT. Setup loads of stations which are making me zillions. Ok so I leave my ship docked with SETA on all night most nights... :D
Gains always outweight the losses by about 100-1.

Anyway... just got my first Carrier, equiped it, bought about 50 wingmen - assorted.. but here's the issues. Have I got to manually set every one individually to wingman=yes, homebase=carrier, return home etc.... ??

Feckin taking ages and I'm really bored !!!

Is there anyway to group set all ships in a station to your wingmen etc... anything like that?
Anything !!!???? :)

Thanks in advance

Rich.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 25. Sep 08, 21:07

Not sure. Perhaps here?

richandtan
x3

Post by richandtan » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 04:56

hmmm. Read through them and cant seem to find anything. Does no one else have this problem? Does everyone else assign every wingman individually? Suprising!
New to these scripts and dont have any running at the mo but if someone could write me one then, or tell me how to that would allow me to target a shipyard/dock with my carrier and make all (my) ships present there wingmen and homebase to my (current) ship if applicable.

Please please :)

richandtan
x3

Post by richandtan » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 21:31

Can a MOD please move this to the Scipts forum.
Thx ooodles.

tiamdal
x3tc

Post by tiamdal » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 21:45

Try looking up Anarkis carrier commands for X2. Me thinks this is what your looking for.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=128294

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 23:43

does the TelCat - Teleporter Catapult from the BONUS Plugin not do something like that. i don't think it'll set them as wingmen but am sure that it has something about making all ships of a class without goggles landed at a carrier set carrie as home
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

richandtan
x3

Post by richandtan » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 20:36

tiamdal wrote:Try looking up Anarkis carrier commands for X2. Me thinks this is what your looking for.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=128294
Ta for finding that for me. Looks like a great script, but..... it looks like it is an X3 script. Will it work with X2 ?

tiamdal
x3tc

Post by tiamdal » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 19:25

Oops, your right. Sorry about that.

Dead2thewind
xrvr

Post by Dead2thewind » Fri, 3. Oct 08, 02:44

cattafett wrote:does the TelCat - Teleporter Catapult from the BONUS Plugin not do something like that. i don't think it'll set them as wingmen but am sure that it has something about making all ships of a class without goggles landed at a carrier set carrie as home
No goggles hey? that really sucks as all my craft have goggles, I much prefer jumping in a fighter and getting stuck in the fight and as you never can tell which fighter I was going to get i spent the gazillion credits in getting all 128 novas fitted with everything!. in the signed scripts though i did end up with a command called Assign/Delete homebase, cant figure out how to use it though and I have seen nothing of it mentioned in the read-me, maybe i picked it up in one of the many unsigned scripts i've got running. anyways PM me if you find something I've looked for awhile and found nothing, even downloaded a couple of script handbooks in hope that i would make a quick macro type thing but i have no idea where to start.

richandtan
x3

Post by richandtan » Fri, 3. Oct 08, 19:51

Ok figured it and can answer the question above...

The Telcat scripts in the bonus pack kinda does do it but not entierly.

If say you have a carrier and then go buy 20 fighters at a station the only way you can get the all assigned and on board your carrier is as follows:

* Firstly DONT add SETA or Vision Enh. or the scripts wont work.

1. Once you have all your fighters bought and at the shipyard you can run the assign homebase script from your carrier with the shipyard targeted - parameter 0 (all ships), then just enter for name? (telcat renames anyway). This sets the homebase as the carrier for the ships.
This is where I wanted Telcat to help but it dont!

2. Launch them all via the station command console. You can broadcast to all docked. Let them all idle in space.

3. Now Telcat kicks in. Using the extra commands section mid way down the carriers command console, Telcat Dock Ships. Parameter 0 (all ships). Note you have to target a cargo class ship if you want it to dock them as it normally only works for fighers M3-5.
They will all dock.

4. You then need to find a equipt dock with dicking computers, target it with your carrier. Then Use the Telcat install fleet command. Just use enter for time being with no parameters.
They will all dock and fit them selves with a docking computer and use it when they come back. Funky !!

5. Then go to the Goner Temple, target, install fleet again and now they will all get teleporters fitted, and return to carrier.

6. NOW you can run Telcat Install fleet and Launch Fighters etc.. properly!!

Note with the Telcat Install Fleet commands I found the official instructions a little unclear. To set the settings lke auto rename on/off r1/ro you run the command and enter 'r1' as the string. This sets that parameter. Once it's set it stays set. You can change all the paramters individually this way. Type 'status' or 'help' as the string and it will send you a message showing you your current settings.
THEN when you run the Install Fleet command with no paramters, i.e. just press enter it will use your settings as they are set, NOT the defaults.

Hope that helps out a few people. It confused me for a while.

I find it a little annoying that the Telcat stuff wont assign the homebase for your ships until they have a teleporter fitted which kinda means it aint gonna save you much time docking them initially etc...
It would be nice if the Telcat script could be pointed at a shipyard with your docked ships and assign them all to the carrier regardless of transporter etc..

Also not that the Telcat dock ships command wont affect ships docked at stations, so you need to launch them manually. Another place where I think the Telcat script could be improved to be a little bit more time effective and user friendly. Maybe an additional parameter -9 that docks all ships assigned to your carrier in the current sector that are docked at stations !! That would be nice. :D
With those 2 modifications it would be quick and easy to initially fill your carrier with ships.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”