Invasions - I dont get big decent ones!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Duke99

Invasions - I dont get big decent ones!

Post by The Duke99 » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 15:02

Been playing for ages, and I dont get any Khaak Destroyers/Carriers invading systems - I go to them in my Titan. Also I have never seen the 5 races fighting between themselves - is this because I did the quick-start?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 15:34

In vanilla you won't see big fights between the main races. Doesn't happen. There are several scripts that make that more likely (best known is probably Race Response FLeets by LV).

There are two Kha'ak invasions with capital ships that occur early on in the game. Unfortunately, they occur in random sectors and you may never see them. They may occur, for example, in Argon Prime and get wasted by the indestructible Argon One. Or, they may occur in a sector you haven't been to sunce (Unknown Sector?). Not sure if they can happen in Xenon sectors, but that would be s short lived on again.

Don't think they actually repeat through the game :(

Tim

KoshZdryh

Post by KoshZdryh » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 15:44

Sorry,messed up the invasions,thought you were talking about xenons...
Sorry again.
Eye killed suzy -- and enjoyed it ... oh,wait she's still there ... :D
Why taint the Vanilla ?
(No taint from chocolate !)

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sun, 5. Oct 08, 16:23

Khaak invasions... i found them in each of my starts. Last one, Khaak one, i was tryng to be friend with Split, by killing pirates and boron in Thuruks Beard. Where do you think the Khaak invassion happened? Thuruks beard. Now it's wastelands but for the equip dock, that somehow survived. Fortunately in that start you are friendly to them.

Free loot!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 01:35

From what we know, Kha'ak invasions involving capital ships occur in two random sectors at or near the start of each game. As mentioned above, they may never be seen by the player due to spawning in sectors with large defense forces, including Xenon sectors, which results in their destruction. As for respawning later in the game, I've seen it happen a couple of times, and many others have reported similar experiences. So we can safely conclude that it does happen. However, it may take many game days for a respawn, and again, if it occurs in a well defended sector, the player may never see them. In conclusion, the Mighty Random Number Generator seems to control what, when and where we get these invasions. And we know how X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch MRNG can be. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 05:10

How adverse are you to scripts?...

There's a couple of good scripts, Improved Xenon and Improved Kha'ak, that ramp up large-scale Xenon and Kha'ak invasions a LOT. And it lets them overtake and build in conquered sectors. It's a lot of fun and it makes them much more fearsome... warning, though. Keep them on EASY MODE, at least to start off. Or they'll have the entire universe conquered in a matter of hours :o

EDIT

oh no.

That was 2000 posts.

I have now completely embraced my fanboydom. :roll:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 13:55

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:How adverse are you to scripts?...

There's a couple of good scripts, Improved Xenon and Improved Kha'ak, that ramp up large-scale Xenon and Kha'ak invasions a LOT. And it lets them overtake and build in conquered sectors. It's a lot of fun and it makes them much more fearsome... warning, though. Keep them on EASY MODE, at least to start off. Or they'll have the entire universe conquered in a matter of hours :o

EDIT

oh no.

That was 2000 posts.

I have now completely embraced my fanboydom. :roll:
This sounds awesome. *searches* I'm already attempting to build a fleet to retake some sectors lost to the Xenon because of Cycrow's Xenon Migration script... So I may as well go the whole hog!

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 16:43

That's part of the beauty of Improved Xenon and Improved Kha'ak- they'll build on forces already present in a sector and combine them, so that it's not just two invasions driven by different scripts that happen to be in the same sector... for example, I'm pretty sure IX will start to use forces present in a Xenon Migration or in Litcube's invasions to bolster it's own attacks. And Improved Kha'ak makes Kha'ak ships jump into a system where its own forces are already present- so a vanilla Kha'ak invasion will start them flowing in pretty fast, and even a simple cluster will start them trickling in... :o

Basically, if they have very much help at all, the Kha'ak and Xenon will start to take a LOT more sectors than you expect. The Xenon in 347 have already destroyed and built stations in Scale Plate Green and Nyana's Hideout, and are only being held back in Omicron Lyrae because of RRF's preference for defending Core sectors. Past that, the Xenon from 472 have taken Black Hole Sun and are in the process of taking Nathan's Voyage. That's right, folks- the Xenon have completely surrounded and cut off Omicron Lyrae from the rest of the universe. :D And God knows what else they're up to in areas I haven't explored yet.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 18:14

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:That's part of the beauty of Improved Xenon and Improved Kha'ak- they'll build on forces already present in a sector and combine them, so that it's not just two invasions driven by different scripts that happen to be in the same sector... for example, I'm pretty sure IX will start to use forces present in a Xenon Migration or in Litcube's invasions to bolster it's own attacks. And Improved Kha'ak makes Kha'ak ships jump into a system where its own forces are already present- so a vanilla Kha'ak invasion will start them flowing in pretty fast, and even a simple cluster will start them trickling in... :o

Basically, if they have very much help at all, the Kha'ak and Xenon will start to take a LOT more sectors than you expect. The Xenon in 347 have already destroyed and built stations in Scale Plate Green and Nyana's Hideout, and are only being held back in Omicron Lyrae because of RRF's preference for defending Core sectors. Past that, the Xenon from 472 have taken Black Hole Sun and are in the process of taking Nathan's Voyage. That's right, folks- the Xenon have completely surrounded and cut off Omicron Lyrae from the rest of the universe. :D And God knows what else they're up to in areas I haven't explored yet.
This is interesting because by the sounds of it you have somehow turned X3 from a space trading/exploration game into a type of Space trading/Exploration/RTS game where you now have an enemy that you can fight to wipe out from the universe.

Couple of questions :-

Can the Xenon actually take over entire systems from other races and build their own economys?
Have they built a shipyard and are actually building ships that are adding to their fleets or do they only get new ships from external invasions?
Are they expanding like factions do in standard RTS games?
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 18:59

The only thing I saw of the Kha'ak invasions, by the time I got to them, was a pair of unchallenged capitals, milling about in Ianamus Zura, and a cluster's worth of scouts attacking the EQ dock. The scouts quickly fell prey to my Hyperion, but it just doesn't have enough brunt to take down the Carrier. I hear PSGs are good against capitals, should I give them a try over my 5 B-HEPTs?

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 19:41

shireknight wrote:
This is interesting because by the sounds of it you have somehow turned X3 from a space trading/exploration game into a type of Space trading/Exploration/RTS game where you now have an enemy that you can fight to wipe out from the universe.

Couple of questions :-

Can the Xenon actually take over entire systems from other races and build their own economys?
Have they built a shipyard and are actually building ships that are adding to their fleets or do they only get new ships from external invasions?
Are they expanding like factions do in standard RTS games?
They are indeed expanding. When they take a sector, after a while they'll build a station in it (sector is now theirs) and that station begins acting as a coordinator for invasions of neighboring sectors. The attacks start off pretty mild but WILL escalate up to fleets of multiple capitals and a few pages of accompanying fighters. They don't really have their own economies, per say, but if you smash their stations (I'm pretty sure) they won't be able to coordinate further invasions until the station is rebuilt.
I'm pretty sure the station also acts as the construction center for invasion fleets. When an invasion fleet "conquers" a race sector, that fleet becomes the local defense fleet, and the newly built station begins assembling new fleets to conquer more territory.

The Kha'ak work a little differently, though- because they jump into sectors where their forces are already located (except their home sectors, of course). This means that the randomly spawned clusters and vanilla invasions will breed and fester into something MUCH bigger. :o They sort-of-kind-of expand from sectors they conquer, but it's more the case that they just warp into a random and VERY unlucky sector and beat it into submission. Which can be even more terrifying, especially because it's a LOT more difficult to fend off a Kha'ak capital than a K or J when the game's still fresh and you've only got your own fighter to really shoot things up with.

The questions here are better directed at 7ate9tin11s, though. He's the author of both scripts. :)

One word of warning- whatever you do with IK or IX, do NOT under ANY circumstance set either script to INSANE MODE. YOU WILL DIE. AND SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE. :twisted:

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 00:26

Wow thanks Tenlar I am definitely going to have to try this mod/script :o
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 00:30

Please confine discussions of mods and scripts to the appropriate forum. Hint: not this one. :P Otherwise, that's where this whole thread will be heading.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”