mass drivers and capping

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gamer993
xr

mass drivers and capping

Post by gamer993 » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 19:26

Hi i was wondering can you use a mass driver to cap in in x2 or x3 like just a mass driver and nothing else?
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

EventHorizon
x4

Post by EventHorizon » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 19:29

Seems to work for me, however I have found that the % chance to bail for mass drivers seems very low...could just be the RNG working against me though.
Windows 10 x64
Intel i5 4460
16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
Saitek X52

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 19:37

Hm.....MD's should not work because, in my experience, bailing out is triggered by low shields.

Cheers Euclid

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 20:18

I always used BHEPT. Though, it's never my intent to get them to bail out. But sometimes they're lucky enough to be spared a fiery death, only to be dumped off at a pirate base for some weed money...

That is of course, if I don't splatter them on my windscreen.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 21:18

Well I have tried a few combinations of using MD's and ION D's and BPAC's with the intention of doing a bit hull damage to start and then destroying shields, and tried the other way round... Any combination and tactic down that path does not seem to work for me...

So what I have found though is.. 1 MD 1 ION D and as many BHEPTs you have room for and just hit them hard and hit them fast... The bail ratio is pretty high for me that way... But the hulls suffer usually about 40% damage even if I turn off the MD.. That's fine as I just use them for blueprints or scrap the ships anyway....

Something worth trying if your getting frustrated at trying to cap a ship... I think once you get some results that way then you can start to fine tune it from there for what gives you best results..... maybe lol

intently
x3tc

Post by intently » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 21:21

I use AHEPTs or BPACs to remove the shields, and then AIREs to cap. I get 50%+ bails this way. So many, that I'm getting picky on what I'd even bother sending back to sell.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”