Boron Marlin M8 - Is actually the Argon bomber?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Elucca
x3tc

Boron Marlin M8 - Is actually the Argon bomber?

Post by Elucca » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 13:38

It seems the Boron M8 doesn't actually exist, or it at least uses the Argon bomber's model. I also heard the pirate bomber doesn't have its own model either, but that could be deliberate.

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 13:54

The boron pike is also missing it's own model. It reuses the default mako one.

We can't really say if it's a bug or not though. They may have left them out due to time constraints or maybe they just hate boron.

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:29

I don't know, it would seem really shabby not to have unique models for unique ships in the game. It really looks like a bug to me.

Lobsang1979
x3tc

Post by Lobsang1979 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 04:02

Was just about to post about the Pike, then saw this thread. Seconded.

Hopefully it's just a silly case of the wrong ship models being referenced and will be easily fixed in a patch. Otherwise it's a bit of a kick in the gills for the Boron fleet fanciers among us. :wink:
Extraterrestrials must have no sense of humour, or there would be more cattle circles and crop mutilations...

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 04:08

I wondered about that when I captured a Marlin earlier. I hadn't seen the Argon bomber but I was thinking it looked like an Argon design.

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 07:17

Are you guys capping these marlins in station defence missions? The ship isn't in the manual or for sale in stations so my guess would be that they axed the ship but forgot to remove it's place holder from the missions.
Lobsang1979 wrote: Hopefully it's just a silly case of the wrong ship models being referenced and will be easily fixed in a patch. Otherwise it's a bit of a kick in the gills for the Boron fleet fanciers among us. :wink:
The same thing happened in X3R and the ship in question remains unfixed to this day. I don't think the devs read this forum so maybe we should try to submit some kind of bug report.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 11:01

I capped one too :) On a station defence mission. Its the Argon Gladiator model (DAMN SEXY EGOSOFT!! Such a nice design), as it was called Marlin, I assumed it should be a boron ship.

homerdog
x3tc

Post by homerdog » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 14:25

We need an official "list of know bugs" sticky similar to what XTM had/has. No feature requests or anything like that, just a place where all the little bugs like this are listed so we can know they're being worked on.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:25

Oh right, i had wondered about the Pike. I was going through the list of ships in a sector last night looking at the new designs, and came across the Pike. in my head i was just like "Isn't that just the Mako?". I thought it was just a special version of the Mako or something, hadn't occurred to me that it was supposed to be an entirely new ship. A lot of this game seems rushed or unfinished to me, i wouldn't be surprised if this is just something they missed.
Rawr.

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 22:04

Not to mention (And I apologize for the bump but this needs to be let out,) that the Pirate Nova and Pirate Nova Raider no longer have the pirate colors, Nova Raiders look like normal Novas now, both Eclipse models are present but out of the four ships only the Eclipse Prototype is the XTM Eclipse with standard colors while the other two have the pirate colors, then you have the space maggot Eclipse, put those together with the apparent missing Pike and Marlin models, the pre-Xenon terraformer ships not having actual names other than #deca.fad or something other, this game has a lot of content that has vanished.

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 09:25

Is it just me, or is the Terran M1 the same as the Terran TL, as well?

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 02:24

No, it looks like the Titan but instead of the two booms that come out of the sides there's one that comes out from the top of the ship.

DGBowman
x4

Post by DGBowman » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 17:03

I hadn't noticed the (lack of) difference between the Pike and the Mako. But I did see that that we'd lost the Nova pirate variants. The "space maggot" eclipse was introduced in X3:R's Bala Gi missions. So I'm not surprised it stayed in the new game, rather than using the XTM models.

The same thing happened in X3:R the Osprey got the same model as the Hydra. This was fixed pretty quickly. I don't know which ship Kyoo is referring to otherwise.

As for the #deca ships. They're in the manual with pronunciation guides. They're supposed to be like that.

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:38

Commander Zane wrote:No, it looks like the Titan but instead of the two booms that come out of the sides there's one that comes out from the top of the ship.
Wait, what, really? The mobile ice mining barge? It looks like a Tokyo to me...?
Or maybe you're talking about the Atmospheric Lifter?

Or are my ships all funked up?

EDIT: Nevermind. The Mining Barge is different than the Tokyo- it has a slanted prow.

Lord pZyCHo
x3tc

Post by Lord pZyCHo » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 12:49

Kamikase I think Caomnder Zane is taking about the Argon M1. But yes they do look qite similar at first glance.
I have a absolutly wonderfull proof to put here; But, unfortunatly, the signature field is not lage enough to contain it.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 13:32

Has this been fixed? or is it being fixed in 2.0? I haven't seen anything about it in the release notes.

ravenkey1506

Post by ravenkey1506 » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 12:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMz3lNTnV8

which will fix the fight bombers and missile frigates? Is correct this disgrace? now please http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMz3lNTnV8
so fight M8.
and out of sector combat they do not fight ever. Is correct this disgrace?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”