[TC] Repair laser ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pgllrdp
x4

Repair laser ?

Post by pgllrdp » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:21

Anyone found out where they are sold yet ?

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:03

Spoiler
Show
I don't think you can sell/buy them. As far as I know, you have one in your spacesuit so if you leave a ship you an repair it with that one. I don't think you can equip ships with it.

Fanchen

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:46

Wierd thing tho is most ships ive seen has repair gun listed as usable weapon must be a diffrent version as the space suit one. :?

markdb92
x4

Post by markdb92 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 04:28

well if you want cheap ass repairs then take a space walk and repair your ship for free

alpinelegend

Post by alpinelegend » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 08:40

Thats fine for a m5 or something but have you ever tried repairing anything else like that?

I capped a Bomber last night at 32% health and took me ages to repair. I gave up after about 30 minutes and it was only 70% repaired so i just sold it for easy early game profffiiitttsssss!

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 11:11

Well just went into script editor and surprise surprise there is no repair laser weapon, now whats the point of having a repair laser setting on ship laser mount info if there isnt one other than my spacesuit :?: :evil:

lv9pv
xr

Post by lv9pv » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:23

pgllrdp wrote:Well just went into script editor and surprise surprise there is no repair laser weapon, now whats the point of having a repair laser setting on ship laser mount info if there isnt one other than my spacesuit :?: :evil:
I'm guessing future add on/patches.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 16:49

in the encyclopedia it lists the repair laser as being on a repair drone, so maybe there are drones you can order to repair your capital class ship etc...havent look in the .dats for proof though

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 17:31

has anyone tried docking at a factory in their spacesuit and docking another ship at the factory, and then trying a freight transfer of the repair laser?
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

buxtonm
x3tc

Post by buxtonm » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 17:33

alpinelegend wrote:Thats fine for a m5 or something but have you ever tried repairing anything else like that?

I capped a Bomber last night at 32% health and took me ages to repair. I gave up after about 30 minutes and it was only 70% repaired so i just sold it for easy early game profffiiitttsssss!
Put a rubber band around your joystick trigger (or find a way to keep a fire button held down) and come back later, haha. I nabbed a gladiator and fixed her up for free. Didn't sell it yet, though it's big $ if I do.

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 17:36

pixel wrote:has anyone tried docking at a factory in their spacesuit and docking another ship at the factory, and then trying a freight transfer of the repair laser?
Can you "dock" in your spacesuit?

I have to agree - why list the repair laser as a weapon mount, but not have any repair lasers to mount?

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 17:54

JFJohnny5 wrote:
pixel wrote:has anyone tried docking at a factory in their spacesuit and docking another ship at the factory, and then trying a freight transfer of the repair laser?
Can you "dock" in your spacesuit?

I have to agree - why list the repair laser as a weapon mount, but not have any repair lasers to mount?
Maybe you can dock, anybody notice under the info screen that your spacesuits speed can be upgraded to 28m/s from 14m/s.

Regards,
Mufflink
When in doubt.......cheat.

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 18:01

you can certainly dock in your spacesuit :wink:
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Embody
x3tc

Post by Embody » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 18:16

Tried with a transporter device, cant transport things from or to the spacesuit anymore. :(

(Also, the repair laser is buildt in.)

Also the Beam weapons from the lasertowers are available on some ships, but cant seem to find them anywhere either.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 20:57

To speed up repairs a touch, making sure the ship is yours, get close, repair till the energy runs out, quickly enter the ship, immediately eject, and repeat ad nauseum. Still takes a long while, but its a hell of a lot quicker than waiting for the energy bar to refill.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:31

I believe if you wait for the repair torch to recharge before repairing again, the process is faster than you just hold down the CTRL key and let your repair gun stutter. I have not tried the Enter ship/Eject trick yet, but will do next time I need a space walk.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 10:22

Thought I'd test, so scripted Terran M6 with 6 * repair lasers.

The more lasers you use the quicker the repair time.

Got to get me some repair lasers, will have to test with an M3, wonder if you can command a ship to repair another?

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 11:02

dont think so because if the lasers are not available other than scripting or your spacesuit they probably left that command out (maybe a content update is comming) :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 14:15

Shame they're not available yet - I based a recent ship purchase on it's ability to mount the Repair Laser even though an otherwise 'better' ship was around the same price.

Here's hoping they get officially added in as part of a future patch.

I assume there would need to be some updated scripts in said patch if we're to automate repairs in this way. I.e. ordering a turret to 'attack' (repair) an owned ship wouldn't be possible at the moment. Guess it would make things a little easy if you could command a turret to 'repair' then sit at SETA 10x for a few mins while it does the work for you...maybe it should stay a manual process like using the tractor beam, though it would be nice to be able to order ships to use that too.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 16:47

there is a repair drone slot at the headquarters in Queen's Harbour. It had a quantity of zero when i last checked but it was definitely listed there as a good.
Spoiler
Show
(queen's harbour is (17,15))
I havent looked in surrounding sectors for factories yet.

edit: whoops! I remembered seeing an r* drone, and after reading this post my whimsicle memory associated it wth 'repair' instead of 'recon'. I found some freight drones there, in stock, and they were pretty nifty to use. I imagine they will be very useful for TL stocking etc (hooray for 60k of energy dumped at once as a complex seed)
Last edited by Coruskane on Tue, 21. Oct 08, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”