SETA problems with XBOX360 gamepad

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

RHALX
x3tc

SETA problems with XBOX360 gamepad

Post by RHALX » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 14:20

Hello,

I'm playing this game with my xbox 360 gamepad. To be able to successfully use the throttle with the triggers, I have to select, in the Input Device menu of the launcher "Configure as Joypad".

That way, I don't need to keep my finger on the trigger all the time to keep my speed.

It's quite nice and work well, even if it wasn't easy to figure out. But there's a problem, when I select that "Configure as a Joypad" option, the SETA acceleration won't work at all if I don't lock my autopilot on something.

I think that the game kinda "auto" press the trigger constantly to simulate a joypad throttle, I don't really know how it works.

But whatever happens, when I don't use the autopilot, and start SETA, it immediately stops.

It's a major problem for me, I don't really want to give up playing with my gamepad for the only reason that SETA doesn't work with it.

Is there any way to fix it?

DarkMax123
x3tc

Hey

Post by DarkMax123 » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 05:14

Its doing the same thing for me for every button, they are like auto pressed

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: SETA problems with XBOX360 gamepad

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 12:07

RHALX wrote:I think that the game kinda "auto" press the trigger constantly to simulate a joypad throttle, I don't really know how it works.
This is pretty much exactly why it doesn't work. The throttle keeps sending a speed change signal to the game, which causes SETA to disengage. I'm afraid the only solution is to configure the joypad not to do this.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”