X3:TC Terran Mission Bugged - Eyes and Ears

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mpkirk
x3tc

X3:TC Terran Mission Bugged - Eyes and Ears

Post by mpkirk » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 19:20

I'm in need of help on a Terran mission, see the spoiler below if you have done a few missions and can offer any support.
Spoiler
Show
Terran Conflict
Split Espionage and Sabotage
Eyes and Ears

In this mission you have too place two Navigation Satalites in 2 systems. First one I placed ok, asked me too place one in the second system.

I've ejected the one in the second system however the game is not recognised that I have completed the objective. Am I missing something or am I bugged?
Any ideas?

Bug, below:
Spoiler
Show
I've just realised, you are meant to be "Capt. Robert Pearle" in your cargo bay however due to an unfortunate combat scenario where my cargo life support system got popped and mr Pearle fell into space and subsequently got taken out by my target.

I assume, as I do not have this person in my bay anymore, I cannot complete the next stage of the mission... Is there anyway of restarting one of these missions, my saves have far gone past this point and I'd really hate too have to start again :/
Last edited by mpkirk on Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

Fenrir
x3tc

Post by Fenrir » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:50

Good evening,

excuse my bad english, but i'm a german x-player, who has the same problem as you, pal. The story stopped when i put a satellite into this damn Split Sector, and I don't have this Captain with me, too. If you find any solution - anything, but not restart the game ;) - it would be great to hear it from you.

thank you,
with Greetings from Kassel-City ;)
Captain of Fenrir's Rahanas wrote:Boss, von Angesicht zu Angesicht sehen sie sogar noch besser aus!
Split wrote:Split dir zeigen - Sonnenkraftwerk. Alpha.

LazerX
x4

Post by LazerX » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:16

I'm also in same situation .. kinda. Captain is stuck in station as astronaut. I cant persuade him to undock. This happened after I was switching ship and forgot about him.

Any idea or trick to get him undock so I can scoop him back up?

Momiji-chan
x3tc

Post by Momiji-chan » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:33

I also seem to have a similar issue, where the Cpt. just doesnt appear in the first place... I have a TP class ship and it's got space... where might I be going wrong?

LazerX
x4

Post by LazerX » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:44

Momiji-chan. Did you have life-support cargo on it?

Momiji-chan
x3tc

Post by Momiji-chan » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:49

Yup yup, however, TP ships now come with life-support as default ^_^

LazerX
x4

Post by LazerX » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:53

Is he still on station where you can comm him? If not, he might be on other ship with life-support cargo if you have any. I lost the Captain when I switched ship in space so he got ejected and forgot about him so Captain docked on station in spacesuit. So I cant get him to undock so that suck.

Momiji-chan
x3tc

Post by Momiji-chan » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:58

Nupe, he's not in any of my other ship holds, and I can't comm him neither, however my mission guidance pointer is still telling me to go into the station to pick him up...

LazerX
x4

Post by LazerX » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 01:01

You can try smaller ship and install life-support cargo and see if that work. If not, I got no more idea. Odd bug you got there.

Momiji-chan
x3tc

Post by Momiji-chan » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 01:04

Yup that fixed it, I swapped back into my Saber (which I had used to dock with the station initially) and got it a CLS. From the looks of it I now have the ability to keep going through the mission.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

LazerX
x4

Post by LazerX » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 01:07

No problem. Glad you got it solved. Have fun.

farfar

Post by farfar » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 22:52

I'm having a similar problem. The mission says to pick him up on the station. But I can't see him anywhere. Not outside or inside. I do have life support installed, I tried moving back to my sabre. None of my other ship have him and the mission guidence still points me to the station.
Any ideas?

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 11:14

Oh my god, it worked ;)

I've switched my ship in Space but I didn't know, the captain would fly away as an astronaut... I flew back just in time, because some split ships were on to kill him. But fortunately the spacesuit was to small to hit, even for IRE...

Thanks a lot for the tip!
Was nich geht, geht nich... oder doch??

kafiend
x3tc

Post by kafiend » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 12:05

I can't find him anywhere he said something like "I cant go in that ship" the first time and now he's vanished.
I have swapped ships (with cargo life support installed) in and out of the station redocked etc but nothing works - one missing pilot :(
m00

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 15:15

Look in the sector where you switched the ship for a spacesuit. My shipcomputer said "Terran Spacesuit".
Was nich geht, geht nich... oder doch??

DanielJackson
x3tc

Post by DanielJackson » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:10

I got a similar problem. I found him docked at a Station and docked myself to pick him up, well it didn't work. The ship's got CLS and is the one he was initially on. I also tried to dock with the one I bought and fitted it with a CLS too and he still won't leave the station for either ship. I'm out of ideas.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:06

Just to clarify, for those of you who lost Pearle, which mission step are you unable to progress past? I also lost him, but in my case I can't even get the "Fly To Family Zyarth" stage to register as completed, let alone detecting the satellite placement.

Trinexx

Post by Trinexx » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 01:24

I'm having the same problems with this mission. I flew to the sector "Family Zyarth" and tried deploying satellites and have gotten no confirmation messages.

In my case though I know that once I started this mission I decided to try any get myself a new ship. I ended up selling the one I was in and getting a new one. I didn't know at the time that when I docked at the station in Asteroid Belt that Pearle had come on board and I may have sold him with the ship if that's possible. I haven't tried to confirm this theory but Its the only reason I can think of as to where he went as I never ejected him or lost my CLS in a fight. I checked the comms of all the stations around "Omicron Lyrae" where I did the trade and even went back to "Asteroid Belt" and I can't seem to find him anywhere.

It would seem that I'm at a standstill with this mission until there is a fix found.

EDIT: Since posting I found him at a Drone factory in "Omicron Lyrae" but like others have said he wont get on my ship and just has the comm options of a normal NPC.

DanielJackson
x3tc

Post by DanielJackson » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 17:18

I too lost him before the Mission in which to deploy Satellites. Well I don't wanna wait any longer for a solution, so I'll replay the whole thing. About 2 Ingame days lost but... well... I wanna see Earth ;)

Daishi13
x3tc

Post by Daishi13 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 16:49

i also have a problem with this mission... mr Pearle was on my argon nova, but i have selled this ship to buy a terraner scimitar. now i have 2 fly to the sector where i habe 2 place the satellit, but i dont have Pearle in cargo...
is there any other solution then a complete restart?

greetz Daishi
Selbst das beste Schwert ist nur so gut wie der der es führt...

Ohne Boronen hätten sich die Split wahrscheinlich schon lange selbst ausgelöscht.
Doch nun haben die Split unter der Herrschaft der ehrenwerten Familie Rhonkar zu den Fischstäbchen gegriffen...

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”