Mobile Drilling Device?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shihan
x2

Mobile Drilling Device?

Post by Shihan » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 16:44

I have this installed on left turret on Paranid Hercules, about 1km from asteroid, and I have an ore collector, how do I activate the drilling device?
Ironman

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 16:58

Go into that turret (f1) and shoot.

You should see curly shots (helical laser drill) and little blue splashes on the asteroid when it hits. 20 shots or so and the asteroid blows up into little asteroid bits.

Shihan
x2

Post by Shihan » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 17:03

Thanks got that to work, how do I collect. with ore collector, or do I just grap like a missile in space, each chunk?
Ironman

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 17:15

You need the ore collector installed, then just treat the mini asteroid as any ware floating in space. It can help to have a ship or two set to collect wares in sector to do the collecting while your mining ship does the blowing up.

I use a demeter to mine and 2-4 mantas collecting the produce. When I've done, they all return to my Hercules. I then unload the ore/silicon to the hercules and transfer it to other mantas (my runabouts) to sell off (if the prices are right) or perhaps drop it at a station of mine that needs supplies.

With a hercules, I can hold 27 ships so I can have a collection of TPs to store the mined produce until I can offload it at good prices. A loaded manta can reap 150k by selling silicon at the right place.

Shihan
x2

Post by Shihan » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 17:25

If I have a separate ship set to Collect Wares, not collect a particular ware. Does that collecting ship need a ore collector?
Ironman

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 17:49

Yes.

There's a largish thread on this subject already, do a search for "Mobile Mining 101"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”