[TC] Docking at station in Earth sector.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dark_Archon

Docking at station in Earth sector.

Post by Dark_Archon » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 01:56

Spoiler
Show
I'm on the mission where I bring the guy from Aldrin to the station in Earth's sector, but whenever I approach the station, it warns me to change my trajectory, then blows me up.
How do I dock at the station without getting killed?

renaultf1fan5
x4

Post by renaultf1fan5 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:32

Make sure you have autopilot off and head straight for the station and stay within the traffic lanes (glowing lights). The ATF does guard Earth pretty zealously.

Bentguru
x3tc

Post by Bentguru » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:10

the entire sector is bugged, autopilot is unable to work in the sector period (probably due to collision dectection + massive size of the torus), which essentially traps ships you cannot personally pilot out.

it's ridiculous, especially considering the torus is just a glorified equipment dock, not even a shipyard.

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 11:56

Ive just got to this bit and i have tried getting there without it all going red and some times they threaten me and sometimes they don't
Spoiler
Show
but so far I have not managed to get to dock without upsetting them, I tried auto-dock, flying slow, fast staying in the center everything but always the same, silly, stupid and a waste of time and effort. After the lousy congratulations screen it's just a pointless waste of time. In a last effort I am going to use Cycrows cheat to dock right to station and see if that works - yes it did, I finally got there without them getting annoyed. Personally hate cheating but I cannot see what the hell else I can do to finish this blasted plot!

Really don't understand why they have made this difficult, seems pointless and having been given the right to fly anywhere in Terran space they try killing you on the way in and way out when they know you have these VIP's aboard.
Hate knocking it as I have been playing this series since Elite, almost as hard as docking to one of the old Elite rotating stations though the letter box, at least thats what it felt like! I have enjoyed them all but X3TC is now winding me up and it's taking the joy out of it.
Life's too dull without X3
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

anneking

Post by anneking » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 12:07

Come out of gate. Autopilot pilot off. Keep going straight. When in comms range ask for docking permission, see green lights, head for them. Dock. (or use docking computer when 4km away).

Undock: slow to standstill, engage jumpdrive, exit. Or simply head directly for gate without autopilot.

I planted a satellite carefully at the docking point so the Torus lasers couldn’t attack it. It showed: like 22 Terran laser towers guarding the docking area, each as powerful as the most powerful M2.

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 12:11

This is stupid, I can't even leave without getting bad rep, first attempt it started threatening me as I entered the gate! Tried setting jump drive to get to Astroid belt and instead of jumping it just flew out into space! I give up!
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 18:27

pauld@isomicro.com wrote:This is stupid, I can't even leave without getting bad rep, first attempt it started threatening me as I entered the gate! Tried setting jump drive to get to Astroid belt and instead of jumping it just flew out into space! I give up!
what is your ATF rank ?

if its not high enough then the guns will target you as soonas you enter

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 18:55

what is your ATF rank ?

if its not high enough then the guns will target you as soon as you enter[/quote]

Terran Marshall of Mars, surely with the plot complete apart from Docking with the VIPS onboard that's enough?

Thanks

Paul

K.Mak
x4

Post by K.Mak » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 19:03

pauld@isomicro.com wrote:what is your ATF rank ?

if its not high enough then the guns will target you as soon as you enter
Terran Marshall of Mars, surely with the plot complete apart from Docking with the VIPS onboard that's enough?

Thanks

Paul[/quote]

No that's your Terran Rank, ATF rank is ______ Access. So it should say Earth Access.

Judging by your plot completion, you have Earth access.

If I have to go into that god forbidden sector I fly the thing myself with autopilot off and use my docking computer.

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 20:44

Yeah it says Earth access so it's just the game!

I am a bit of a perfectionist, I have to get it 100%, will play a game at each difficulty level until I get through the whole thing at the hardest level. Just finished MOAH Airborne again finally got all the medals and unlocks, took four attempts though! TC ain't like that really but I do want to finish the plots with the best results and it's annoying when you can't because of a programing issue.

Thanks again for your help

Paul

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”