Problem With Torus

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Predator02
x4

Problem With Torus

Post by Predator02 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 10:24

When leaving the Torus after delivering the dignitaries and receiving a claymore (nevermind the autodock keeps flipping out trying to dock with it), as the jump tunnel is showing from leaving through the gateway, Torus announces I am now an enemy and promptly kills my Claymore. It's done this 8 out of 8 times now. This autokill feature needs to be toned down or it's exception areas altered.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 05:29

I seem to be having a similar dilemma.
Spoiler
Show
I received the Vidar, and accompanying Scabbard from a previous mission. I sent them to Earth, once I had finished the mission and delivered the dignitaries, to get them upgraded with jump drives to jump back to Omicron Lyrae, where I have been amassing ships. All 3 were destroyed in Earth sector, I'm assuming, while trying to jump out. I'm about to try and fly back there and bring them back individually.
Does anybody know if this is something that's typical, like you can't bring those ships from those sectors, or is it just a "feature"?
I sure do like biscuits

softweir
xr

Re: Problem With Torus

Post by softweir » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 13:02

Predator02 wrote:When leaving the Torus after delivering the dignitaries and receiving a claymore (nevermind the autodock keeps flipping out trying to dock with it), as the jump tunnel is showing from leaving through the gateway, Torus announces I am now an enemy and promptly kills my Claymore. It's done this 8 out of 8 times now. This autokill feature needs to be toned down or it's exception areas altered.
I had this! I found that I had to turn off the warptunnel to leave Earth sector. I guess the animation is shown while you are still in-sector, and that the player ship "wanders" during the interval before it really leaves sector.
NeckCuttah wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I received the Vidar, and accompanying Scabbard from a previous mission. I sent them to Earth, once I had finished the mission and delivered the dignitaries, to get them upgraded with jump drives to jump back to Omicron Lyrae, where I have been amassing ships. All 3 were destroyed in Earth sector, I'm assuming, while trying to jump out. I'm about to try and fly back there and bring them back individually.
Only way I found to get non-player ships out of Earth sector was to:
  1. Go there myself
  2. Undock my ship
  3. Command the ship I want to move to 'Idle' to undock it
  4. The momentent it undocks I command it 'None'
  5. Target it, then hit SHIFT+2 to pull it up on the mini-monitor
  6. Click on the bottom-right corner of the mini-monitor to enlarge it
  7. Hit NumPad 5 to view the ship from behind in the mini-monitor (you can use the numpad keys to adjust angle of viewing)
  8. Start using Z, X Up, Down, Left and Right to control the ship remotely
  9. Fly it as directly as possible through the Trans-orbital Accelerator
Repeat for each ship!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”