[TC] Goner Mission driving me mad !!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Goner Mission driving me mad !!

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 12:41

Ok, up until last night i was really enjoying TC, but now.....I don`t know :( I`m doing the Goner missions. All ok, built them a new station, supplyed them with ships and loads of materials. Ok, now it`s just gone crazy and literaly every 4-5 mins i`m being called to protect their ships in different systems.....WTF !!, i was supposed to be helping them build a Temple !! I`m jumping around all over the place to protect their transporters and stuff and you should see the amount of pirates that are swarming around the ships in need of help. I`m not kidding their must be something like 20 or so. M6`s, M8`s, M3`s and a load of missile spewing M5`s. I mean this is toooo much. I play this game to enjoy it not to be on the call ALL the time to protect ships. I can`t even cancel the mission because every time i do i get another bleep in game to go and help another Goner Pilot !!
I`ve only been playing for a couple of days and i`m only flying an M3, so by the time i get to the scene the Goners dead or i`m about to be dead !! I realy want to cancel this lousy mission now once and for all, but i can`t. Does anybody no how to cancel it, because i`ll E-Bay this game if the missions are anything like this one. It`s just getting a little too frustrating now because of this Goner mission. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Dricks2222
x3tc

Post by Dricks2222 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:56

Almost same here.

"Hopefully", it seems that the mission before the "trigger chain" is the one where you must help the goner council which is being attacked by 2 ships, and i have a save just before this encounter.

If you do this one, seems that you'll have to rescue another goner ship until success. Problem is : sometimes, all of the Pirates doesn't disappear if you fail, so there is more and more of them.
I thought i did succeeded one time because the mercury goner ship was able to jump in the next sector, but then i got a mission failed just after jumping myself in this next sector : there was also pirates in this one.

After 4 or 5 tries, there's now something like 20+ syndicate"s pirates on all systems, so i reloaded my savegame just before the council save.

So, what to do? Waiting to build an armada and put it in every sector trigger this shit?

Someone successfully did this one? How?

Edit :
Ok, seems i managed to pass through this nightmare, it seems you need at least 3 or 4 success "save the station" and/or "save the ship".
So i saved 1 ship and 2 stations and i'm now at the next stage (yes, there is another stage).
Spoiler
Show
BTW, i need to send troops in a ship, but i haven't found any M7M yet, and i don't see them in any shipyard. Where are there supposed to be??
Is there another way to send troops other than using a M7M class ship?

Aceattack
x3

Post by Aceattack » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:34

I have the same problem I kid you not I actually had to cheat just to clear out one sector and even my crazy cheating had issues.

In the sector just above Company Strength I used the cheat script( Which by god I hate using ) and I had the game make 150 Cerberus ships which the pirate KILLED there were that many pirates easliy 400 plus so I deployed 200 cutlass Fighters which they killed long story short after about 1000 ships I have cleared the sector and still cant complete the mission.

I have completed a few parts where you defend the stations but it wont give me any of those any more just the parts where you protect the ranger or the Mercury.

Dricks2222
x3tc

Post by Dricks2222 » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 04:59

Yeah, that's a real issue.

I think you should NEVER go to the first coucil rescue, which trigger the rest of all other chained rescues if you do not have a ship to handle it (i did it with an Eclipse).
If you do the first rescue mission then left it because it's too tedious with your actual ship, be prapared to face a pirate armada soon... :shock:

Nevertheless, i got the first reward and wow! :D

Aceattack
x3

Post by Aceattack » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 06:08

I got tired of listening to the messages about them getting attacked and then them telling me about how it was a close call.

Prownilo

Post by Prownilo » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:01

Dricks, a TP Class ship (Argon Express, Terran Scabbard, ect) can be used as boarding craft.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 11:49

Ahaha I went online to post this exact same issue...the three sectors where these ships spawn look like Xenon sectors for me. I'm freaking pissed...

edit-Actually not funny anymore. I think I burst a blood vessel in my eye after playing one part of this mission in the two hours since my last post.

Skid
x4

Post by Skid » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:10

I did that mission with nothing more then a Terran M3 ship and a Jumpdrive I got off of a captured bomber. As for the bit to recapture the Truthseeker, all I did was kill everything on that map and then, Claim the ship, really thats all i did ejected and claimed it.
:) Skid :)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 04:20

Ok it's my turn to be pissed at this mission. :evil:

Jump into the sector that I'm supposed to save a lowly Mercury Tanker in and there's four or five M5s taking pot shots at this thing while I race past the 20 or so other syndicate ships. dodging and weaving not to get killed on the way there.

This game is starting to feel like a released BETA to me. :roll:

Enuo
x3

Post by Enuo » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 04:19

Good lord there must have been 200 + ships in those sectors after i went to buy new fighters just to catch up to the goner ships that were being slaughtered. What the hell egosoft this is basically a starting first day mission was this beta tested at ALL?

CERBERUS_JH

Post by CERBERUS_JH » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 08:02

Where does the goner mission start and what are the rewards?

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 08:23

Elysium of Light, Truelight Seeker (can fit any weapon in the game, cannot be REed at the HQ), unfocused jumpdrive.

My mistake, can be REed and built :D

hydravelsen
x3tc

Post by hydravelsen » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 10:21

Yeah I cant win this either. If I fly anything powerful enogh to kill the centaurs, it's too slow and the fighters kill the goner ships. If I fly anything fast enogh to reach the fighters, the goner ships blows up before I've killed half of them, then I get squished anyways. If I fly a wing of 25 Novas in, the goner ships still get squished before we can win. Basically this mission isn't possible for me to win. I am not that good a pilot or fighter and really wont be improving any time soon since I have nerve problems in my hand.

VentAileron
x4

Post by VentAileron » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 11:27

I'm kind of stuck at the 'deliver 3 Argon TS' mission myself. Normal Argon Mercuries doesn't seem to register, but everytime my Argon Mercury Super Freighter with Trading System Extension MK3 installed jumps into Elysium of Light to sell some Energy Cells, I get a message if I want to turn over the ship.

So does the ship has to be Mercury Super Freighters or does it need to be at least of some value?
I don't get people. Never have. Never will.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 12:24

I figured it out.

You have to stick it out by the gate between Grand Exchange and Tears of Greed. Now, the Goner missions will go on as normal, but whenever you see a msg for Tears of Greed pop in the sector and take out those targets.

The order, from farthest to closest to the Goner Target:

M8
M6
M3/M4
M5

Pop the M3s/M4s first, then pop the M5s. For the M6 and M8, hit them enough so they refocus targetting on you instead of the moron Goner, and then juke until you get some sufficient distance away. Thereafter, go at the M6/M8 at your leisure.

Sometimes you won't get to the targets in time and there may be some M3s left...the point is, hit them hard on a first pass so they follow you, so that enough of the heavier targets go after you, not the Goner ship. And you want to stay near the GE/TG gate so you can hop back for any quick repairs.

hydravelsen
x3tc

Post by hydravelsen » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 02:40

I really cant do this. I need help guys. I'm sitting at the gate like it was said here, wait until the message goes off, then immediately fly into tears of greed. I'm in a cerberus, so I pretty much ignore the pirates and fly straight for the discoverers that are pounding on the mercury.

My strategy is to get within targetting range and launch a few missiles at each fighter to try to draw them off, while my turrents beat everything else down as I'm traqvelling.

So fa this strategy has failed horribly, since I do kill both centaurs, and the slower fighters off with just my turrents, but I can never get close enough to the fighters to hit them even with missiles. I was considering peppering the area where the frighter spawns (near the trading dock) ahead of time with laser towers. Would this work? I'd love it if someone could give me a walkthrough here, because this mission and the associated spam is wrecking the game fun for me.

hydravelsen
x3tc

Post by hydravelsen » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 04:57

Sigh...I brought in a wing of 20 fighters to protect the Mercury. The mercury did just fine and it barely took a hit. I killed everything, and it STILL says mission failed.

I tried it with cheat codes to wipe out all the pirate syndicate ships in all the suspect sectors, and it STILL says mission failed.

My situation is this - I have Tears of Greed totally clean. There are two goner stations that are hostile to me in other sectors (save station missions, of which I completed 3) due to friendly fire from turrents. Do those need to be gotten rid of?

This mission is horrible. It's spamming me to no end and disupting my game. I would quite happily go on and do somethying else, but you cANT abort it. No way no how. Someone, anyone please help. Otherwise I'll just have to unisntall X3TC and move on. 6 days of work on this so far and my vacation time will be a total waste if I cant fix this :(

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 06:37

hydravelsen wrote:Sigh...I brought in a wing of 20 fighters to protect the Mercury. The mercury did just fine and it barely took a hit. I killed everything, and it STILL says mission failed.

I tried it with cheat codes to wipe out all the pirate syndicate ships in all the suspect sectors, and it STILL says mission failed.

My situation is this - I have Tears of Greed totally clean. There are two goner stations that are hostile to me in other sectors (save station missions, of which I completed 3) due to friendly fire from turrents. Do those need to be gotten rid of?

This mission is horrible. It's spamming me to no end and disupting my game. I would quite happily go on and do somethying else, but you cANT abort it. No way no how. Someone, anyone please help. Otherwise I'll just have to unisntall X3TC and move on. 6 days of work on this so far and my vacation time will be a total waste if I cant fix this :(
Hang in there, it's doable. Ok, here's the deal...if the syndicate ships don't start out from the W gate in Tears of Greed, load up a previous save and start again. Also, if it's not a Goner Merc, forget it, the Ranger just won't last at all. Sorry, forgot to mention it will help to have salvage insurance. Also, stick with the Rapier. It's the only one fast enough to do the job. What I mean is, if they start off the mission at the W gate, they will all be in a straight line, so you can pop the M4/M5s (ie Buzzards and Busters), dash to take out the M5s (Harriers and Discos) and have some breathing room to catch the attentions of the Novas/Bombers/M6. I also suggest you have wingmen in sector, preferrably a few Novas, stationed at the W gate at the beginning, and have them start hammering out the enemy M3s and the like. If you haven't already figured it out, you will need quick fingers.

Doing this, the last half of the mission was a piece of cake...I almost felt sorry for the pirates b/c it was such a turkey shoot...almost. Bright Profit and Company Strength, unfortunately, will be a wash, like a Xenon sector.

hydravelsen
x3tc

Post by hydravelsen » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 17:31

Well it took me a few tries but I used your advice and flew a rapier. 6 novas with me, and parked my cerberus at the gate.

The goner mercury survived. I sat there for about 5 minutes following it, and of course got "Mission failed".

I think this is too broken to be winnable. :/

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 23:16

hydravelsen wrote:Well it took me a few tries but I used your advice and flew a rapier. 6 novas with me, and parked my cerberus at the gate.

The goner mercury survived. I sat there for about 5 minutes following it, and of course got "Mission failed".

I think this is too broken to be winnable. :/
Are you keeping guidance on all the time? B/c, for whatever reason, you get through all the hassle, and another Syndicate M8 shows up (it's blue, rather than red, oddly enough, but it will be in the mission guidance reticle). Pop that and you should win the mission (that is, part 1 of 4 of the mission).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”