TC - Ehm Ego, you might want to scale back those Xenon Invasions...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Creston
x3tc

TC - Ehm Ego, you might want to scale back those Xenon Invasions...

Post by Creston » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:18

Look, I know a Xenon Invasion (or patrol sector whatever) is supposed to be hard. They're completely optional and they pay pure gold, so they need to be hard.

However, I think you might be exaggerating a little bit here.

I took one in Bad Debt. It started off with 5 Ps and 1 L. Oh boy. Matters did not improve much.

Here's a pic of me at about... 15 minutes or so into the Invasion. This is just the first screen of the enemies that are there. Note that at this point, I have already killed ~ 20 Ps and I don't know how many Ms and Ns. A few Ls (they're the toughest, for some reason.)
My reward at this point was around 15 million.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... asion1.jpg

There's more.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... asion2.jpg

That's not all of them...

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... asion3.jpg

Three PAGES full of enemies. Uhm? If the Xenon have these kind of numbers, why don't they just swamp the entire galaxy and be done with it? :P

Finally the mission ended. The rest of the Xenon ofcourse stayed in the sector. Here's a screenie of what was left. (at least page one of it)

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq33 ... dness1.jpg

I counted them. There were at this particular point FORTY SIX Xenon Ps in the sector. I gave up trying to count the fighters. Probably was around a hundred or so.

An invasion mission is supposed to be challenging and fun. Not completely ridiculous. Instead of just spawning a P every 3 seconds, how about you send in a well made up attack force, and that's it? A K, a few Qs, half a dozen Ps, 20 or so fighters? And that's the invasion?

Bad Debt is now Bad Death. I fly back into it occasionally to see how the Xenon are doing. They seem bored, since everything is dead.

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but fighting against 150+ enemies just doesn't really strike me as all that great...

Creston

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:23

the patrol missions are a tad ridiculous yes

it doesnt help that more corvettes spawn than fighters

I mean the corvettes typically arnt very dangerous without fighter cover, but it's stilly silly.

On the plus side you can rack up ridiculous amounts of cash from kills.

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:32

hmm....

ever try getting about 10 bombers in sector armed to the teeth with the flamethrowers? or maybe just eclipses?

ten of thsoe should swamp anything coming through the gate....

or just get a terran destroyer, go in reverse -10 and camp near the gate with EMP's or somethang.

get a really powerful ship, that can hold tons of area of effect junk, jsut spam it.

Could you spam the mk2 fighter drones? or maybe several hundred lasertowers?

maybe a squash mine blockade?
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

ADNoland
xr

Post by ADNoland » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:44

Well, these start to sound appealing when you start thinking about involving carriers, destroyers, fighters, etc, to attack such a fleet.

Gryphen76

Post by Gryphen76 » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:53

I would agree, I think they need to be scaled down a little bit as well. I just had one of those in Rolk's Drift, with about 40 or so P's. I took out about 10 of them before I had to jump to the shipyard for repairs. By then the mission was over, but I still made about 7 million on it.

They managed to take down the (silly) Boron M1, but after the Argon M1 and M7 made it into the sector for support, they cleaned it up nicely. I was able to return about an hour later and finish off the remaining 10 P's scattered about the sector.

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 04:05

I haven't even managed to complete a patrol mission yet. Am I the only one that finds fighting small ship wolfpacks a lot harder in TC? A few Ms seem to be enough to swamp my Chimera now, although it still dominates M3s and M6s.

homerdog
x3tc

Post by homerdog » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 04:14

I'm currently doing a sector patrol in The Hole. There are over 50 Ps and countless Ls, Ms, and Ns. The HUD can't even track them all so it's impossible to shoot them.

nilshansson9
x3tc

Post by nilshansson9 » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 04:26

:lol: insanity.

i try do do patrol missions in sectors with reinforcements like legend's end. Except the fight that rages on there causes my NEW computer to have a heartache.....

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 04:46

LOL
Better get yourself a few Capitols. :shock:

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 06:15

I hope someone runs into a massive Xenon verse Kha'ak battle and make a video of it to the song After the Flesh ( or whatever its called, the Crow version ) from Thrill Kill Kult.

Id do it but I do not know how :D Someone else will have to make me happy :D

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 06:20

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

octessence
x3tc

Post by octessence » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:20

I for one think this is brilliant that TC is a bit more challenging. If it's a Xenon invasion I would expect it to be huge. I wouldn't expect to be able to fight a whole invasion myself one by one. This kind of mission needs a fleet of you own by the looks of it. All what you would expect.

blackwidow2ggst

Post by blackwidow2ggst » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:50

KennethX3Freak wrote:hmm....

ever try getting about 10 bombers in sector armed to the teeth with the flamethrowers? or maybe just eclipses?

ten of thsoe should swamp anything coming through the gate....

or just get a terran destroyer, go in reverse -10 and camp near the gate with EMP's or somethang.

get a really powerful ship, that can hold tons of area of effect junk, jsut spam it.

Could you spam the mk2 fighter drones? or maybe several hundred lasertowers?

maybe a squash mine blockade?
Unfortunately they dont use the gates, they jump in from all over and tend to form into one big mass that all come after you since they slaughter about every other ship in the sector in seconds. If they would spread out more it wouldn't be as difficult.

K Narr
x3tc

Post by K Narr » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:03

octessence wrote:I for one think this is brilliant that TC is a bit more challenging. If it's a Xenon invasion I would expect it to be huge. I wouldn't expect to be able to fight a whole invasion myself one by one. This kind of mission needs a fleet of you own by the looks of it. All what you would expect.
two giant fleets, with hundreds of ships each in one sector sounds great....but where do we buy the quantum computer to play it on?
The S-P-A Returns.
Death to all Teladi and Boron.

B_O_L_T
x4

spawn npc's bug

Post by B_O_L_T » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:27

I suspect there is a bug with the spawn npc scripts; there are reports of split m5's hitting one station in an endless stream of sacrifice. Others are complaining of massive game slowdowns after several hours of play. Do not be surprised if this is toned down in the very near future, it is potentially a game breaking bug. It doesn’t look as bad when it's an invasion mission but I am sure it will get old real fast if this starts happening on patrol missions or have core sectors being wiped out because of zerk fleets.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:30

I'm beginning to think there's a bug in the script engine where it can't see that it's already spawned a bunch of crap.

At my combat rank (Vindicator) i'm getting like 10 Ks and craptons of other stuff, it's just way too much, it took me an hour to finish and i was only able to because the AI collapsed under the strain.

note to self, invest in bombers...

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:35

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
note to self, invest in bombers...
That's what I think the idea is.

I mean, I personally haven't played TC, because I can't afford it just now...However, from what I've read, it seems like Egosoft wanted to put a focus on the late-game squad and fleet building game. However, something got buggered along the way and all that 'late game' stuff that you're supposed to need fleets to deal with comes up all the time in early games when you can barely afford to refuel your fighter. (And yes, I know fighters don't need fuel. That's the point.)

I mean, Egosoft has always been about the game remaining static. The universe doesn't suddenly get more dangerous because you got yourself another ship, and I endorse that...until I'm being chased around in my M4 by 45 Xenon fighters.

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:41

No it's just mission difficulty is based on your Combat Rank so if you've done a good number of fights and have a mid to high rank already and think your great. Picking up a Hard patrol mission is going to be just that, Hard for your combat rank.

It's not like the big xenon patrol missions say Easy. I think it's great and there's a number of people on here that are still claiming it's too easy as there making 20mil per patrol mission in pimped up M6's.
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:07

Deman wrote:No it's just mission difficulty is based on your Combat Rank so if you've done a good number of fights and have a mid to high rank already and think your great. Picking up a Hard patrol mission is going to be just that, Hard for your combat rank.

It's not like the big xenon patrol missions say Easy. I think it's great and there's a number of people on here that are still claiming it's too easy as there making 20mil per patrol mission in pimped up M6's.
It may be the difficulty is inverted. I did an average patrol and had 40 P's and about 100 fighters. Yet when I did a hard I got 3 P's and about 20 fighters. Both were in Boron sectors if that matters.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:14

why change ? just because of you cannot kill everything anymore while sitting in a m3 ?

they're ok the way they are ... just get a bigger ship and they become "easy" =), forget the easymode "x3-reunion i can kill everythin while in my m3 fighter ship" !
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”