ector.name@L2M008.TL

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Prownilo

ector.name@L2M008.TL

Post by Prownilo » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 00:02

Without giving away any spoilers, Can anyone tell me where sector.name@L2M008.TL is? Plot mission told me to go there, but it seems its given me a technical name rather than the sector's name.

Tekky
x3tc

Post by Tekky » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 00:52

Yes, I assume that this text is part of a script and was supposed to be evaluated by the script engine rather than being printed to the screen.

I have reported a similar bug in this thread.

Prownilo

Post by Prownilo » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 08:01

I'd really love some insight into this problem, My plot game cannot continue due to it, and i've tried re-loading 3 times from up to 2 hours *before* i even started the mission, and the exact same error occurs :(

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 08:10

Try the following :

1) Accept the mission, then deliberately fail it. Then see if you can take it again. (Depends on the sort of mission, ofcourse, some you can't fail until you get there.)

2) Take the mission, then check your universe map. See if any of the sectors are orange.

But yes, it's an annoying bug and it shows up fairly frequently. I've run into it twice now, and it's stopped both those sets of missions.

Creston

Prownilo

Post by Prownilo » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 08:16

Honestly Can't think of a way to fail, don't think thats possible

The mission tells me it's in either "this or that sector" the sector guidance simply points to whatever sector I happen to be in. Regardless of what sector I explore first (after reloading a save) I get the message "The ship as been spotted in another sector sector.name@L2M008.TL sector"

It gives me the same error message regardless of which sector i happen to look in first, and i've searched both sectors for hours with no result :(

Prownilo

Post by Prownilo » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 02:10

Still Desperatley hoping theres a fix for this or at least is fixed in a future update, Scripting forum seems to be of the opinion that theres no scripting solution for it, and i'd *REALLY* like to finish this storyline as it's the only one left (at least that i know of)

Bedwyr
x3

Post by Bedwyr » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 07:02

I'm linking my thread to this one as the same issue:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

The pictures that Dino posted on this thread:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218984

Describe the bug perfectly.

Prownilo

Post by Prownilo » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 07:37

Bug appears to be caused when generating a message of objetive for an item that does not exist.

You will get it ...

If you need to do something to, or near, a station that is destroyed.

If you need to do something to, or near, a ship that is destroyed.

If you need to do something to, or near, an NPC that does not exist.

Unfortunately, in my case, the object is plot related, cannot be abandoned or failed in any way, or restarted. Even a reload of a save game will still ask for the exact same ship that simply doesn't exist.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”