Sector defense/ XI missions; you get paid for kills of your ships? X3:TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Erynnios

Sector defense/ XI missions; you get paid for kills of your ships? X3:TC

Post by Erynnios » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 08:59

Im curious if you get money in those sector defense missions for kills performed by ships you own but dont personally fly?

From what I have observed I dont get any money if I fly around in my M3 and the my M2's are parked and blast away with their flaks. Only kills done by me personally earn me money.

Haven't tried if it would help using the wingmen command, any experiences in this direction?

Would appreciate some agree/disagree observations.
Thanks
Last edited by Erynnios on Mon, 27. Oct 08, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 09:54

You'ld get mission completion payment if your ships did the job, what you don't seem to get is the personal kill "bonus".

Erynnios

Post by Erynnios » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 09:59

ah right, I was talking about the bonus, since the other payment is almost nothing compared to the bonus :)

KoshZdryh

Re: Sector defense/ XI missions; you get paid for kills of your ships?

Post by KoshZdryh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 10:07

Erynnios wrote:Im curious if you get money in those sector defense missions for kills performed by ships you own but dont personally fly?
Not sure [never done such a "XI thing" :wink: ] but I think yes.
PS: Link.
Eye killed suzy -- and enjoyed it ... oh,wait she's still there ... :D
Why taint the Vanilla ?
(No taint from chocolate !)

Erynnios

Post by Erynnios » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 12:57

Ah thanks for the answer, I think you mean X3:Reunion XI missions. I'm talking about X3:TC :)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 14:43

You get the bonus for kills by your other ships in the "Xenon attack" missions, the ones in xenon border sectors that say "destroy xenon fleet".

You don't get the bonus for kills by your other ships in any kind of Patrol mission.

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 15:05

The bonuses are well worth the effort. At the weekend I splurged on a USC Osaka with a full compliment of Point Singularity Projectors on the front. Total cost must have been 90 - 100 million with all the weapons and shields.

I did three single sector patrols.

The first netted me 12 million in ships plus 10+ million in weapons since a J was kind enough to drop in.

The second got me 23 million and a third got me 17 million. Currently I am back where I started from money wise in about a days play.

I decided to go on a rampage in one of the Xenon sectors and I don't even have it fully loaded with weapons yet!
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”