Error in PSP stats?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

dalin80
x3tc

Error in PSP stats?

Post by dalin80 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 22:27

I have been looking at the weapon stats in game and the terran point singularity projector is by far the weakest of the cap ship weapons.

by having such a puny firing rate of 6 per min (compared to the 43 of the PPC) the PSP does less then half the damge per min compared to the other cap ship weapons.

Is this a error in the weapon attributes or a deliberate gameplay decision?

thanks.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 10:55

Perhaps it is offset by the very low energy usage. To be honest if they fired even as much as twice as fast they would be overpowered. With a full set on the front of an Osaka they can take out Js an Ks in a few seconds although the damage done by them is sometimes random. Sometimes a volley will completely wipe out a Ks shields and other times it takes two but they almost always go down before the enemy have even got a chance to fire.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 13:45

Right. The Point Singularity Projector's frontloaded damage is ridiculous. It does 250,000 shield/95,000 hull damage a shot.

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 15:06

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but are any of the devs. big Andromeda fans? That was a weapon that the Magog world ship used.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

uxnhoj123
x3tc

Post by uxnhoj123 » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 20:14

I checked it out and you're right, the encyclopedia cites a really low value for the shield and hull damage. However, I'm pretty sure that's only for the uncharged shot. With PSP's, if you get in the turret yourself and hold down the fire button, it charges up the blast to do waaay more damage (at least 4-5 times more) so that with your first volley, you can take down the shields of a Xenon K.

Having said that, the computer never charges them when its in control of turrets so you'll usually find it hitting for much less damage, although it's still a lot.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 21:56

The low energy useage of these guns allows the Osaka to easly fire 16x of these things at a single target and still have enough power to use SSCs everywhere else. Even with the lower damage of non-charged shots that's alot of pain.

The Tyr fireing 12 charged up guns at once has a chance of killing other capitals in a single volly.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”