[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 01:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Gneez wrote:A shame, don't suppose you know how one would go about editing the suit repair laser to rep 4000 instead of 40 using the editor?
You need to change the bullet rather than the laser.
And how do I do that?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 01:28

Gneez wrote:And how do I do that?
X3 Editor 2

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 13:21

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Gneez wrote:And how do I do that?
X3 Editor 2
*sigh*

I have the editor like I already said, I simply have no idea how to modify it or what files to look in.

Don't bother telling me, I'll go ask someone who isn't you.

lewisjk
x3tc

Post by lewisjk » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 21:35

sorry for the noob question but does it show anywhere on how to install this mod into AP? I was having difficulty on figuring out how to install the RAR version and the SPK files were not working on my computer.
Thanks

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 21:47

Hi Gneez. Have you tried opening the Tbullets file in X3editor2. You will find the item you are looking for in there.

Someone who is not DrBullwinkle.

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 20:11

@lewisjk: I spent the last 2 hours figuring how to do this because I tried to use the spk with plugin manager.
So, to install this in AP:

- extract the rar content into x3 main directory
- extract the rar content into x3 addon directory (don't know if this is needed, but it works)
- I had a problem, I think because I tried the spk 5000 repair lasers at 64$ were added to all trading stations, so if you have this problem just extract the script that is intended to remove repair lasers from trading stations to the \x3directory\script and \x3directory\addon\script.

Worked for me, good luck!

veryinky

Post by veryinky » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 20:00

Wonders wrote:So, to install this in AP:

- extract the rar content into x3 main directory
- extract the rar content into x3 addon directory (don't know if this is needed, but it works)
I don't think the x3 main directory step is necessary, only addon directory. Personally I made it into a fake patch (renamed cat/dat files to 04 and put them into the /addon directory instead of addon/mod)

Side note, I really like having a Katana loaded with 10 repair lasers and a jump drive, makes for a great field repair boat. The Argon Centaur alternative is a passable if expensive alternative.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 13:41

You know what I think would be nice?

Missions to repair NPC stations and ships. :)

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 00:44

I have a question, that mod works with big mods like xrm or multi galaxy mod??

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 01:03

ptb_ptb wrote:You know what I think would be nice?

Missions to repair NPC stations and ships. :)
Indeed - however, as it has been said already few pages back in this thread, attempting to repair any friendly/neutral ships/stations will turn them hostile eventually.

Tbh I'm fancying the idea of a repair ship for some time (very useful in AP) but the only way I found to avoid a hostile reaction is a script driven solution. But this put a heavy load on the game if you think about a fleet of repair ships ;-)

Would be way more easy if our coders (*pokes CBJ*) introduce a flag in TBullets or TLasers to avoid aggressive reaction. Ofc that's not doable for X3:AP but maybe for X Rebirth :D

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 20:24

Does this work with AP? I'm not getting any "repair all" commands. I have navigation and special software on the ship and its full of repair lazers. Yet there is no repair options.
Scripts I use.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 09:37

For some reason I getting the following read text errors....everything i've been able to find points me to this script....which is strange ...because as far as I can tell...i've not installed this particular script...

the errors are:
2010-530
2010-531

The closest thing i have to this script that i know of is:
Salvage Command Suite

...but that doesnt seem to be the source...

Help...please

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 09:46

Do you have Repair Ship Commands or Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP installed? Both include a similar command that intentionally uses the same command slots.

If you are getting a ReadText error then they are not installed properly. Try reinstalling.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 10:50

DrBullwinkle wrote:Do you have Repair Ship Commands or Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP installed? Both include a similar command that intentionally uses the same command slots.

If you are getting a ReadText error then they are not installed properly. Try reinstalling.
Nope..neither of those..unless they are bundled with XRM or simular.
SCS has those abilites...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 10:53

I think that Repair Ship Commands is included in recent versions of XRM.

snsmr2351
x3tc

Albion Prelude

Post by snsmr2351 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 02:54

Any ideas on how to get this going in AP?

*EDIT* i got it working

Kyuki1337

Post by Kyuki1337 » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 12:01

I can't seem to find the repair laser factory in Three Worlds (have a UT there at the moment) do I need to start a new game for the factory to come up. I've noticed no sell/buy at the EQ dock either.

Edit: Used my scout to explore the sector and found it.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Re: Albion Prelude

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 02:22

snsmr2351 wrote:Any ideas on how to get this going in AP?

*EDIT* i got it working
So...what did you have to do?

I had to put the cat and dat giles in the addons folder off the main game folder and rename them to a number 1 higher than what already exists there.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:21

So we has de Repair Lazorz, an we has de Mistral Super Freighter, but dey neva show in de weapons block cos dey iz only turrets in da Mistral.

So we gets de Caiman Miner, an we tries ta mount em in da main weapon slots, but dey won't go (greyed out), dey will only go in de turret slots.

So how do you get them to actually fire on your damaged ships?

Edit: OK, got them working but they are as slow as manually repairing from your spaceshuit, if not slower. All it took was reading through this entire thread *sigh*.

So for anyone who hasn't done the same, install these in your turrets and leave to another ship, then fly the ship you want to repair somewhere relatively safe, like 20km above the majority of the stuff in the system, and remotely send your repair laser equipped ship to do the deed. And don't watch in third-person view because you will cringe as the repairer flies arund the repairee like it's dogfighting and looks like it's going to crash into anything that happens to be around. The Mistral looks to be the better of the two ships I tried as it has dual turrets front and back while the Caiman Miner only has the single aft turret.

I would use my Centaur but that's the ship I am trying to repair, as I can't afford the 2 mil in repairs it needed. It's too bad the game doesn't recognize my [s]overwhelming tendency[/s] supreme ability to shoot myself in the foot as a valid way to self-repair the Centaur :P . The guy I bought it from must have really beat it up. Well, I can afford it, but then I wouldn't be able to afford to arm it decently.

Edit 2: So...if you go OOS, or already are, the repairs are instant, no matter how badly damaged the ship was.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 02:30

So I had this working fine, several game restarts in a row, version 1.7.

After problems with other mods, I cleaned out the entire game and reinstalled, and now X Plugin Manager will not install Mobile Ship Repairs, spk or rar version, at all. I'm at a complete loss now, no idea what to do.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
bibo ergo sum

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”