[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

snsmr2351
x3tc

Albion Prelude

Post by snsmr2351 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 02:54

Any ideas on how to get this going in AP?

*EDIT* i got it working

Kyuki1337

Post by Kyuki1337 » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 12:01

I can't seem to find the repair laser factory in Three Worlds (have a UT there at the moment) do I need to start a new game for the factory to come up. I've noticed no sell/buy at the EQ dock either.

Edit: Used my scout to explore the sector and found it.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Re: Albion Prelude

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 02:22

snsmr2351 wrote:Any ideas on how to get this going in AP?

*EDIT* i got it working
So...what did you have to do?

I had to put the cat and dat giles in the addons folder off the main game folder and rename them to a number 1 higher than what already exists there.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:21

So we has de Repair Lazorz, an we has de Mistral Super Freighter, but dey neva show in de weapons block cos dey iz only turrets in da Mistral.

So we gets de Caiman Miner, an we tries ta mount em in da main weapon slots, but dey won't go (greyed out), dey will only go in de turret slots.

So how do you get them to actually fire on your damaged ships?

Edit: OK, got them working but they are as slow as manually repairing from your spaceshuit, if not slower. All it took was reading through this entire thread *sigh*.

So for anyone who hasn't done the same, install these in your turrets and leave to another ship, then fly the ship you want to repair somewhere relatively safe, like 20km above the majority of the stuff in the system, and remotely send your repair laser equipped ship to do the deed. And don't watch in third-person view because you will cringe as the repairer flies arund the repairee like it's dogfighting and looks like it's going to crash into anything that happens to be around. The Mistral looks to be the better of the two ships I tried as it has dual turrets front and back while the Caiman Miner only has the single aft turret.

I would use my Centaur but that's the ship I am trying to repair, as I can't afford the 2 mil in repairs it needed. It's too bad the game doesn't recognize my [s]overwhelming tendency[/s] supreme ability to shoot myself in the foot as a valid way to self-repair the Centaur :P . The guy I bought it from must have really beat it up. Well, I can afford it, but then I wouldn't be able to afford to arm it decently.

Edit 2: So...if you go OOS, or already are, the repairs are instant, no matter how badly damaged the ship was.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 02:30

So I had this working fine, several game restarts in a row, version 1.7.

After problems with other mods, I cleaned out the entire game and reinstalled, and now X Plugin Manager will not install Mobile Ship Repairs, spk or rar version, at all. I'm at a complete loss now, no idea what to do.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
bibo ergo sum

KaneFreeman
x4

Post by KaneFreeman » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 13:15

Hi Guys! as first! thanks alot for the answer/ Help/ and for the grate Mod/ script.
SO im playing X3 Ap via steam with the big Mod collection: EMC4AP_2.0.b17.
I also INstalled this mod here. Not as Fakepatch. Its the only one Mod i instaled and also activated it in the prelauncher of X3 AP. Now i startet to play and directly searched for the lasers. I found them in omicron lyrae.
But there was no Replaser factory. i found it in the AMMO-Factory.
The price was also the cheap one for 64 cr. How can i fix that ? i allready reinstaled everything agina and again . Regards kane

X-Me

Re: [MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

Post by X-Me » Mon, 6. May 19, 12:30

Hello,
this mod isn't working for me and I don't know why.
I got the RAR version.

I'm not sure where to extract the files. Thing is: they don't seem to affect the game, wherever I put them.
No Repair Laser to buy, no new Repair Laser Factories, and no new commands from the Special Command Software Mk1.
I'm most probably doing it wrong. Please assist.

My setup is basic:
- X3 Terran War Pack;
- X3AP Bonus Pack 5.1.0.0
Nothing else.

Any help is appreciated.

(before posting this here, I did create a new thread. Sorry for that. Didn't read all the rules beforehand :p)

terodil
x4

Post by terodil » Mon, 6. May 19, 14:36

X-Me wrote:
Mon, 6. May 19, 12:30
I'm not sure where to extract the files. Thing is: they don't seem to affect the game, wherever I put them.
I haven't looked into the rar file, but generally, if you have AP and are playing AP, you need to put scripts and t-files into their respective directories under <x3 main directory>\addon, NOT <x3 main directory> directly. So the *.xml and *.pck files go into <x3 main directory>\addon\scripts and the *.t files go into <x3 main directory>\addon\t. Analogous if the mod has any type files (*.txt -> \addon\type) or mission director files (*.xml -> \addon\director).

Or in brief: The RAR file should have the folder structure you need, just make sure the files in the scripts and the t file folders end up in the respective folders under <x3 main directory>\addon.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

X-Me

Post by X-Me » Mon, 6. May 19, 16:56

Hi,
the RAR has this structure:

Code: Select all

mobile.ship.repairs.v1.7.rar
  |
  +-- mods
  |   |
  |   +-- Mobile_Ship_Repairs.cat
  |   +-- Mobile_Ship_Repairs.dat
  |
  +-- scripts
  |   |
  |   +-- Grax.repair.a.ship.lasercheck.xml
  |   +-- Grax.repair.a.ship.xml
  |   +-- Grax.Repair.Ships.Sector.xml
  |   +-- setup.Grax.add.RLfab2.xml
  |   +-- setup.Grax.add.RLfabs.xml
  |   +-- setup.Grax.repair.ship.sector.xml
  |   +-- setup.Grax.repair.ship.xml
  |
  +-- t
  |   |
  |   +-- 3441-L044.xml
  |
  +-- README.txt
I extract it under my \addon folder, so as to put the files in:

C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\mods
C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\scripts
C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\t

Then I select the mod from the launcher (can't mistake, there's only this one!)

From what I know I should be getting a *modified* tag if I make a new save.
Instead I get nothing -- there's no sign of change in-game and the README is of no help.

What am I doing wrong?? :headbang:

terodil
x4

Post by terodil » Mon, 6. May 19, 17:40

X-Me wrote:
Mon, 6. May 19, 16:56
I extract it under my \addon folder, so as to put the files in:

C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\mods
C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\scripts
C:\...\X3 Terran War Pack\addon\t
Yeah, your path is incorrect. The "X3 Terran War Pack" should definitely not be in there. Unfortunately you put the '...' in the bit that most matters xD

Let's assume you're using steam. In that case, it's quite probable the path/structure should look like this:

Code: Select all

c:\
|
+-- program files
    |
    +-- steam
        |
        +-- steamapps
            |
            +-- common
                |
                +-- x3 terran conflict
                    |
                    +-- addon
                        |
                        +-- scripts
                        |   |
                        |   +-- <<< place files from the /script folder in the archive here
                        +-- t
                        |   |
                        |   +-- <<< place files from the /t folder in the archive here
                        +-- <<< place the dat/cat files from the archive here
In other words, no subfolders under /scripts or /t. The scripts from all mods you may have installed are one happy family sharing a bungalow.

Also, there's another problem: You must (a) place the cat/dat files from the mod in the main /addon directory and (b) make sure to rename them properly! f you check the /addon folder, you will find that there are already a number of file pairs called 01.cat/01.dat, 02.cat/02.dat, etc. in there. Find the highest number, and then rename your mod's cat/dat to NN.cat/NN.dat, where NN is that number +1.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

X-Me

Post by X-Me » Mon, 6. May 19, 22:51

I got it working.

I had the mod installed properly the first time around (see my previous post for it).
However, no mod will take effect unless the Script Editor (SE) is unlocked, with the notable caveat that the SE must be unlocked _before_ making the very Savegame that you'll reload from.
That's the critical bit to get right if one has never played with mods before, lest the game stays vanilla.

I'll speak in steps to clarify:
1) install the mod
2) activate the mod via launcher

The mod is in place, but can't affect your game. Yet.

Then:
3) launch the game
4) unlock the SE (google: albion prelude Thereshallbewings)
5) make a new Save

At this point the mod can affect your game, but it'll do so when next you load the Save you just made.

Therefore:
6) quit to main menu, just so we're clear
7) load the save made at #5

Now the mod is working :)

Figuring this out took far more than necessary :rant:

glssr60
x3ap

Post by glssr60 » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 21:04

I installed this mod and I didn't get any of the appointed places distributing Repair laser and the Omicron Lyrae and Three Worlds "Repair Laser Factories" were not manufacturing repair lasers. They were both manufacturing something called Gamma Kyron Emitters. Three Worlds actually had everything needed but nothing was happening there. On top of that, those wares are ST which are too large for anything that can carry items that size to dock at those factories. I reinstalled game, reinstalled the mod and got the exact same result. Any suggestions to get this to work? Thanks.

Lilly Fireblade

Post by Lilly Fireblade » Sat, 6. Jul 19, 04:32

Is this mod compatible with overhaul mods such as x-tended?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”