Bombers can't dock at carriers?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

renaultf1fan5
x4

Bombers can't dock at carriers?!

Post by renaultf1fan5 » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:00

This kinda defeats the whole purpose of having bombers in the game. I got a carrier hoping to be able to deploy both bomber and fighter wings, but oh well, I guess its back to m3s.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:03

well, a bomber is twice the size of a m3 (at least the argon one says it is)

Also, bombers are classed as 'bigships'.... and bombers suck in the hands of the AI, who flies them like a fighter. Suggestion; use jumpdrive equipped bombers, but DONT jump them all at the same time to a sector that you are in; as a 'bigship', they come out of the center of the gate instead of the edges, and can only go one at a time. Jump them in to a sector you arent in, then jump yourself in.

Oh yea, and crank up the missile fire chance to like 95% :D

renaultf1fan5
x4

Post by renaultf1fan5 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:51

I get they are twice the size of an m3 ... so have them take up 2 ship slots instead of one on carriers.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:12

The docking restrictions ticked me off as well. M8's perform more closely to an M3, yet are relegated to M6 docking capabilities (classified as big ship).
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 07:53

renaultf1fan5 wrote:I get they are twice the size of an m3 ... so have them take up 2 ship slots instead of one on carriers.
It's not the number of hangar bays they occupy, it's whether they can fit through the docking doors! Compare an M8 to a TM, where you can see the docking bays out in the open, and I think you'll find there's absolutely no way they can fit in.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”