slave-marine station

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jordan kirwan
x3tc

slave-marine station

Post by jordan kirwan » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 11:12

I heard you can train slaves into marines
I have a few slaves and bording pods on my split cobra
So what is the name of the station I'm looking for and where is it?
[Insert sig here]

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 12:59

I saw a "Mercenary" station in an Unknown Sector but I don't remember where exactly. It was next to some Teladi systems, maybe near Scale Plate Green?

maniczombie1
x4

Post by maniczombie1 » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 19:23

I believe the mercenary base is through the east gate in PTNI HQ, (Unknown sector-Terran fighter pilot plot) but it shows up as hostile in my game. Just started playing it a week ago

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 21:17

I believe the mercenary base is through the east gate in PTNI HQ, (Unknown sector-Terran fighter pilot plot) but it shows up as hostile in my game. Just started playing it a week ago
Yes well it will do if you have Pirates set to foe in your ships command (Global settings).
Try setting pirates to Friend and you should be OK unless you have attacked the station ofcourse then you'll have to hack it to get docking rights again.

triangle

Post by triangle » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 23:31

Yeah, they just show up red if you have pirates set as foe but the stations don't give you any grief and there is little in the way of pirate traffic - a few elites and nova raiders here and there.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 23:41

I think it depends on your game start. In my Tormented Teladi, for example, they were all blue when I first arrived. However, in my current Terran start, all were red except the normal pirate base. In TC, it's possible to raise your pirate rep through missions, so that's not as much of an issue. Presumably, they'll turn blue once you reach a high enough rep. So I doubt that hacking them will work if they're initially red to you.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

[Snipe] Bando
x3tc

Post by [Snipe] Bando » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 01:19

Hacking works.
I started as a Terran, they were red to me except for the initial pirate station. Just waited until the light bulb came on and hacked the other pirate station. After some business in other sectors, I came back to the sector and both pirate stations had a hack mission available, so the whole sector is blue again, except for the occasional pirate group it spits out.

What was confusing at first was the way to make a passenger into a slave, into a merc. You must have some small arms aboard and be docked to a pirate station. Then go to your freight bay and select that passenger. The option to enslave him becomes visible. After that you can undock (you now have a slave in your cargo bay) and go to the merc factory where you sell your slave. It (the slave) will be processed there, which will take a while, and a new merc will be ready. I did not get the enslave option while docked at the merc factory. Anyway, if you know how it works it's no problem anymore. :)

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 07:44

[Snipe] Bando wrote:What was confusing at first was the way to make a passenger into a slave, into a merc. You must have some small arms aboard and be docked to a pirate station. Then go to your freight bay and select that passenger. The option to enslave him becomes visible.
I believe you can enslave at a Pirate station regardless, sidearms allow a player to enslave in space.

maniczombie1
x4

Post by maniczombie1 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 17:23

Tried that with the terran Em rifles and didnt even get the piracy menu to pop up. Havent tried with low yield sidearms or disintegrator rifles yet though

maniczombie1
x4

Post by maniczombie1 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 17:26

Yes hacking works, I only got one bulb though, so only one station. I got choices for all of the hostile ones however. It seems the more that the station hates you, the more it costs to hack. Hopefully I'll get another bulb soon.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 18:42

maniczombie1 wrote:Tried that with the terran Em rifles and didnt even get the piracy menu to pop up. Havent tried with low yield sidearms or disintegrator rifles yet though
It's not under Piracy. Just open your cargo bay screen. Go down to the "Passengers". Right clicking on them or something will give you an Enslave option above/below the Eject option.
:EDIT: I am explaining that from memory since I don't have a computer that can play TC ATM.

maniczombie1
x4

Post by maniczombie1 » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 15:16

Has anyone tried turning slaves to marines in the marine barracks in Home of Light? I havent tried yet cus its so far away at the moment and I'm lazy.

Idgy
x3tc

Post by Idgy » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 17:08

Don't know if it's uncool to necro a thread this old, but just wanted to say I had a TP with 4 passengers and 3 units of low-yield sidearms, and I was NOT able to enslave them until I got to a Pirate station.

The passengers were all pirate 'volunteers,' meaning they had volunteered to give me their ships after we played pattycake for a little bit. It didn't seem fair to leave them stranded so I picked them up after they ejected. :wink:

So, even if you have firearms aboard, it appears that in TC you cannot enslave passengers unless you're docked at a Pirate station.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 17:58

Idgy wrote:Don't know if it's uncool to necro a thread this old...
It's not cool. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”