Arg! Where are the elusive FAA's?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lancefighter
x4

Arg! Where are the elusive FAA's?!

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 01:38

Ive been looking for the last few hours or so, trying to figure out where these FAAs are! They are beginning to annoy me; I need about a dozen of them for my cerberus, but I cant find a single one, let alone a factory full.

They say that they are developed by the teladi, but looking through all the sectors i can find, I still cant find A SINGLE factory that even STOCKS FAAs!

Someone, please help me out here, I cant seem to find them :evil:

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 01:50

Dunno if it's a bug or a feature, but no equipment dock carries them. Only the Teladi make them. If their factories don't have any, make sure they have plenty of nostrop, etc.

Aside from making sure you've discovered every Teladi FAA forge, that's all you can do. Either that or farm the Xenon for them.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 01:58

There are no damned forges! I swear, I have looked almost everywhere.

And do make matters worse, my rage has forced me to push the deceleration curve a 'tad' bit on a dock attempt in getsu fune... Disco + fast speeds + station ... You know how that ends.

My last save was 2 hours ago in Kingdom End... DUring that time I went through at LEAST 40 sectors, all manually, no jumpdrive.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

*sigh*

Where are the stupid FAA fabs? They arent in the northern FAA forges, are they somewhere in the south?

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:12

Non in my game either. Even checked with a script.

Only option i could come up with was buy cluster flak arrays eject them into space and the use a cheat script to add FAA to my ship instead.
It did make me feel like a cheat for a while but ive moved on and got over it.
Guess ill start my vannilla game when everything works as intednded.
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:15

There should be a forge in Seizewell (heavy weapons) and another in PTNI i think.

Just loaded up my 'Phant with 4 of them for the left/right...... looking to use it as a backstop for Station Defence missions and maybe Xenon/Assassin missions too (might not have enough shielding though).
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:19

pr0nflakes wrote:Non in my game either. Even checked with a script.

Only option i could come up with was buy cluster flak arrays eject them into space and the use a cheat script to add FAA to my ship instead.
It did make me feel like a cheat for a while but ive moved on and got over it.
Guess ill start my vannilla game when everything works as intednded.
This I will do then :\

I wrote a little script to check myself, along the lines of "$station = find station of type "faa forge", start sector = KE, and everything else null"

Also put in a line to get the sector, and then printed it to my logbook.
My logbook now has a completely empty message.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:24

That's because they arent built in FAA forges by the AI, they are built along with a few other high tier weapons in a "Heavy Weapons" forge.

Same with a lot of other races, means less stations and less places to visit, shame you cant buy them yourself, but for the same reason as you cant buy the AI SPPs i guess.... game balance.
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:32

Always check out any odd "Heavy Weapons Forge and the like". And when looking for a particular weapon, check out the Encyclopaedia which lists all weapons you have encountered with stats, prices, and any trading docks or factories at which you have had a good look.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 04:08

Spoiler
Show
Factories are in Seizwell, Ceo's Sprite, Two Grand, PTNI HQ, Homily of Perpetuity and Ministry of Finance.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 11:28

thanks x2 8)

Will check there again before cheating more in next time :wink:

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 12:35

Teladidrone wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Factories are in Seizwell, Ceo's Sprite, Two Grand, PTNI HQ, Homily of Perpetuity and Ministry of Finance.
Interesting... Mine are at
Spoiler
Show
Acquisition Repository, Ceo's Sprite, Homily of Perpetuity, Ministry of Finance, Profit Centre Alpha, PTNI Hq, The Vault, Two Grand
As you can see, I don't have a problem finding FAA in my game, although I'm at the stage where I'm about to build a couple of fabs myself to make supply easier.

On the other hand... not a single boarding pod to be found, and only 6 SSC's (that's units produced since the start of the game, not factories) :(
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”