Ecliptic Projector Help Needed

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nagant
x3tc

Ecliptic Projector Help Needed

Post by nagant » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 21:57

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to activate the ecliptic projector in X3TC. I cant find the control listed in the "controls" tabin the main menu. Help please!

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 21:58

The ecliptic projector no longer exists in X3TC...sorry.
Trust me...its no joke...its really gone.
Cheers

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 21:58

its not in TC, and yeah i miss it aswell

nagant
x3tc

Post by nagant » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 22:11

No, say it isn't so!

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 22:19

dang, although getting trapped in an up/down mentality in space wasn't so good from a combat perspective (anyone else read Ender's Game?), using it to orient yourself every now and again, and particularly with regard to station placement, was rather handy.

shame
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 00:11

I too, miss the EP, even if it didn't help orient me to the funky gate positions. It just helped me feel centered. Pun intended.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 00:20

to be honest,
i would never really miss that.
I never ever used it....
And i have been playing since XBTF.
Never could work out whats its purpose served.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 00:43

You mean other than to give a fixed point of reference? :P Virtually all NPC stations and ships are oriented WRT the plane represented by the ecliptic projector, at least in all games previous to X3TC. And the ecliptic projector plane itself is the X-Z plane with the Y axis normal to it. So it really helped in orienting and placing stations, if you liked ordered placement. :wink:

And yeah, I miss it, too. Instead of being eliminated, it should've been improved so that it stretched the whole width and breadth of the sector when activated. The X3 version was less useful than previous versions because of the huge size of some sectors.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 00:50

Nanook wrote:The X3 version was less useful than previous versions because of the huge size of some sectors.
That and the fact that for some curious reason (gameplay-wise, not coding-wise) it was effected by sector fog.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

nagant
x3tc

Post by nagant » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 01:51

For me the EP actually gave a greater sense of depth and dimension. It was also very useful when placing stations and for quicky findng a system center while keeping a heads up view.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 13:15

if your need is great..

..so great that you will even go ***modded***

- check the Scripts & Modding forum, Grasshopper.. :goner:

NB: Beware though, you will be forever banished from the Stats tables
as the ***modded*** signal in your pilot record renders you "unclean"
:o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 14:06

I don't understand why it was removed. Now i have to target a station, gate or ship to reorient myself with the sector plane.

aaron.rexx
x3ap

Post by aaron.rexx » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 20:28

I found Ecliptic Projector for sale at Unknown Sector 9-7 at the Otas Research Station. Went in and bought it, no issues, BUT for the life of me, I cant switch it on... =____=

{In case you're wondering why this thread was locked (I didn't do it personally) this thread is more than six years old. We generally discourage people from dredging up the dead. It's called necromancy, and it's bad. :P Nanook}

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”