Which M1. Turret Question. Messed up flak. Incendiary bombs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tass_bur
x4

Which M1. Turret Question. Messed up flak. Incendiary bombs

Post by tass_bur » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 08:50

Hi there,

I have a ton of questions so I thought I would try and put them all into one post :) I hope some of you can help me out.

1. I am considering buying a M1. To start up with for exploring the universe (load them up with kestrel with explore software and then jump to sectors and make them explore them for me)
And in the end I would like some good strong fighther support with m3's or m3+ when im doing patrol/XI missions. My question is which one to buy? and does anyone actually use M1's for anything these days?

2. I have a Boreas with 4 IRON +4 PPC in front...gauss and flak cannons on the rest of it. I have now done 2 XI missions which got me around 200m in cash...But the turrets are giving me problems...I have front on attack my target and rest on attack enemies...it seems that they "jam" after some time.....stops shooting.....Not out of lack of energy...I take control of my front turret and blast the Ks and Js out of the sky myself....I cant control my ship when I do though. Whats the problem with this?

3. Flak artillery array...sounds like an awsome idea......but I took control of one turret myself after I noticed that no ships seemed to be hit...and fired a a lot on cloes by L's....nothing happened to the ships..what so ever...it seems that all the flaks does is being very Noisy. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Finally I considered buying Incendiary bombs instead of flaks since 1 P almost cruhed my Vidar with it. Those babies seems to be quite awsome.... I cant seem to find them though...can anyone tell me where to find them?

I think that was it..for now :P

I thank you all in advance :)

/Tass

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 08:55

Ok maybe it was NOT such a good idea to place them all in one post ;)

GBlair4811
x4

Post by GBlair4811 » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 13:56

1. I use a Terran Tokyo as my M1 atm altho terran capital ships suck, they point singularity doesnt work right in AI hands and you cant get a hold of enough starburst shockwave to make it effective against fighters either. But anyway thats not what your asking, yeh I use one mostly for just carrying fighters around and / or captured ships. A lot of the time I will want to use specific ships personally for specific types of engagement and I like to have all the choices available to me at each point =)

Edit: Forgot to mention the tokyo sucks even more since it cannot dock an M6. My Collossus could in X3:R =(

2. This happens to me also when I do invasion missions. The sheer amount of ships overburdens the CPU and that starts to cause all the ships to turn idle. Ive had entire Xenon fleets just sitting in space doing nothing whatsoever until I kill about half of them (by having to use my capital turrets myself since they wont fire) then they start to wake up gradually. I dont think theres supposed to be this many ships spawned on these missions, it eats CPU's for breakfast.

3. Flak is broke. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Its either one of two things. FFDSHOW causing problems with sound, in turn causing flak to miss somehow but I doubt it is. Or, apparently saving while its firing or saving in space can cause it to stop working. What to do, is dock your ship, save it, then load again, and undock, see if it works. I had them not work for me once but the next day when i loaded up to play, it was working fine and has worked since. When its broke it does 0 damage and explodes at its max range (still doing 0 damage at max range)

4. Sorry, never used incendiary bombs, I have 8 PPC's on the front of my Oddysseus and they rip any capital ship to shreds in seconds when set to attack my target. The rest of it has flak or hept, it seems to be an effective combo of old school weaponry.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 14:37

GBlair4811 wrote:
Edit: Forgot to mention the tokyo sucks even more since it cannot dock an M6. My Collossus could in X3:R =(
In vanilla X3:R no ship could dock an M6.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

Kitch
x3tc

Re: Which M1. Turret Question. Messed up flak. Incendiary bombs

Post by Kitch » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 16:16

tass_bur wrote:Hi there,

I have a ton of questions so I thought I would try and put them all into one post :) I hope some of you can help me out.

1. I am considering buying a M1. To start up with for exploring the universe (load them up with kestrel with explore software and then jump to sectors and make them explore them for me)
And in the end I would like some good strong fighther support with m3's or m3+ when im doing patrol/XI missions. My question is which one to buy? and does anyone actually use M1's for anything these days?

M1s are excellent at being a base ship. But, their downsides in that fighters aren't all that useful under AI control and they don't mount quite as many guns and shields plus their cost mean they're more of a luxury than a neccessity (IMO) The Split Panther does an excellent job for half the money. As does the Split Elephant. Their large hanger bays allow them to do most anything you'd want a full M1 to do. That said, I've always loved my Collossus even though its turrets are wrong and its fighters like to slam into it.

XI missions fighters are best dealt with by M7s or M2s with full Flak AA coverage (when it works right) although in TC PACs, PBEs and PRGs make AI fighters much more handy.

2. I have a Boreas with 4 IRON +4 PPC in front...gauss and flak cannons on the rest of it. I have now done 2 XI missions which got me around 200m in cash...But the turrets are giving me problems...I have front on attack my target and rest on attack enemies...it seems that they "jam" after some time.....stops shooting.....Not out of lack of energy...I take control of my front turret and blast the Ks and Js out of the sky myself....I cant control my ship when I do though. Whats the problem with this?

3. Flak artillery array...sounds like an awsome idea......but I took control of one turret myself after I noticed that no ships seemed to be hit...and fired a a lot on cloes by L's....nothing happened to the ships..what so ever...it seems that all the flaks does is being very Noisy. Am I doing something wrong?

Both these are related to the issues of the engine not being able to handle the amount of enemies - ships go idel, turrets stop working - and with Flak AA - seems its collision detection stops working and it cant hit anything.

4. Finally I considered buying Incendiary bombs instead of flaks since 1 P almost cruhed my Vidar with it. Those babies seems to be quite awsome.... I cant seem to find them though...can anyone tell me where to find them?

Pirate sectors sometimes have factories for them and the Yaki build them too. Or there are some ships carrying them already - maybe you can persuade them to give them to you.

I think that was it..for now :P

I thank you all in advance :)

/Tass

GBlair4811
x4

Re: Which M1. Turret Question. Messed up flak. Incendiary bombs

Post by GBlair4811 » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 21:10

Kitch wrote:
tass_bur wrote: Both these are related to the issues of the engine not being able to handle the amount of enemies - ships go idel, turrets stop working - and with Flak AA - seems its collision detection stops working and it cant hit anything.
Not true ive had them not work in perfect no lag situations, and work fine in lagfests.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”