[TC] An idea for getting Incendiary bomb launchers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

anneking

An idea for getting Incendiary bomb launchers

Post by anneking » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 19:40

The pirate IBL fabs don’t last long cos the military wipe them out.

But the IBL fab in Weavers Tempest is pretty safe from attack, only you can’t dock (so I understand).

Is this a rep problem ?

When I re-directed my Xenon hub, there was a Xenon Q raiding party trapped inside. Now supposing you re-directed the hub to Weavers Tempest with a load of Xenon inside, let them out, and then blasted them to oblivion. Would you get the rep to dock and buy these IBLs ?

STARCRUSHER1973

Post by STARCRUSHER1973 » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 07:32

look for mission light bulbs and station hacking

Choljah
x4

Post by Choljah » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 23:40

STARCRUSHER1973 wrote:look for mission light bulbs and station hacking
Only snag with that is, Weavers Tempest is more than 3 sectors from corp space. Hacking only works up to a max of 3 IIRC.

anneking

Post by anneking » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 00:28

Definitely no lightbulbs showing when I was down there ! And besides can you COMM a station that’s hostile and take a mission ?

Weavers Tempest has 2x IBL fabs. Both very low on resources, stock=1 in each fab. They could do with the biz.

There must be a way to get rep with these guys? else why give them 2x IBL fabs. Their whole empire was little more than this !
Last edited by anneking on Sat, 8. Nov 08, 00:34, edited 2 times in total.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 00:32

I was lucky to get a Pirate base on Or*** Storm and it did not help much. The IBL fac turned blue but still did not allow me to dock. Now I am trying to cap their TLs in hope that some of the IBLs they have will remain.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 00:46

kurush wrote:I was lucky to get a Pirate base on Or*** Storm and it did not help much. The IBL fac turned blue but still did not allow me to dock. Now I am trying to cap their TLs in hope that some of the IBLs they have will remain.
It's possible (got a few myself that way) but, since they don't have many on board to start with, they often get trashed while boarding. Better target IMO are military M7s - they're often loaded to the gills with IBLs so much better chance of getting some of them intact.

tarron
x3tc

Post by tarron » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 00:52

In my game the pirates at LooMankStrat's Legacy are red, but let me land (so long as I continue to not kill any of them in that sector I think) The only other IBL base in the galaxy is controled by the Yaki, and they won't let me land.

The IBL and PBL factories there still churn out weapons, but I have to supply the materials. Space Fuel never gets stocked on its own, and rarely does ore. I have a Falcon Hauler parked there to quickly buy them before NPCs do.

So far my Panther has all 6 forward guns with IBLs, and I have 2 more stashed away for later.

There is also a PBL factory in Maelstrom, but it is so far out of the way I never go to it.

STARCRUSHER1973

Post by STARCRUSHER1973 » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 02:57

the pirate base in loomankstrats legacy had a station hack mission which allowed me to hack the ibl fab there and it produces weapons regularly i bought em with a freight drone and discovered a useful bug

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”