[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 11:28

You would expect this to have been fixed by now, and I've screwed up my whole game because mission 6 hasnt been fixed yet. How many years has this game been out? This killed the game for me. Realy. I dont want to start the boring campaign again so theres no point playing any more.

I rescued the two Astonaughts, took them to the Orbital Defense Station and game says Mission Complete, evey time. Game Over.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 18:04

If it's saying Mission Complete, what's your problem, exactly? There's a gap between then and when you get contacted for the next mission.

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:28

I am going crazy on the Mission where you have to plant the bug on the Elephant. I do it and I can't get away.
They kill me before.
I sent my M3 after them, but they smoke it pretty quick and me afterwards.
I changed to my Nova Attacker before planting, same result.
I even bought a Zentaur loaded with Weapons and Missiles and asked him defend me, same result. My Ship was gone before he even attacked and then I watched them destroying my Zentaur while I was in the Spacesuite.

Seriously, Egosoft, how can you send 5 deadly combat ships after the player when you expect him to sit in a defenseless freighter which goes by 99m/s???

Any input is appreciated.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:43

Scorcher24 wrote:I am going crazy on the Mission where you have to plant the bug on the Elephant. I do it and I can't get away.
They kill me before.
I even bought a Zentaur loaded with Weapons and Missiles and asked him defend me, same result. My Ship was gone before he even attacked and then I watched them destroying my Zentaur while I was in the Spacesuite.

Seriously, Egosoft, how can you send 5 deadly combat ships after the player when you expect him to sit in a defenseless freighter which goes by 99m/s???

Jumpdrive...
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

clint945

Post by clint945 » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 09:36

Mission 3 is impossible for me due to a... Sort of bug...

A few days before i started the Terran plotline a large Kha'ak force arrived in the Circle of Labour system, i was able to ignore it and reroute my transports so that it wasn't a problem .

However, in the patrol mission, it's included the Kha'ak ships in the mission objective. Along with the usual Xenon ships...
The Xenon were not really a problem cause most of them were P's and went down like pizza at a drunken party, but the Xenon have like 3 clusters, multiple clouds of random ships (15+ per cloud) as well as 1 destroyer and 2 carriers as far as i can make out.
It's a MASSIVE attack....

And until i can defeat ALL of that, i can't progress to the next part of the patrol.....

any tips on how i can remove those guys? or will i just have to ignore this plotline for now and raise myself an army...

mati140
x4

Post by mati140 » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 23:31

It's not a bug, I once got the entire Herons Nebula destroyed by 2 Kha'ak destroyers. It happens randomly. Either raise fleet or kill them with cheats.
Scorcher24 wrote:I am going crazy on the Mission where you have to plant the bug on the Elephant. I do it and I can't get away.
They kill me before.

I finished this mission today, my Caiman had no shields and 15% of hull (pilot jumped out at 10%, than I manually repaired it to 15% for higher speed).

You need a transporter device on board of the vessel you fly mission in. After switching to Caiman I ordered my Nova Raider (with Pearl on board) to protect me. Once I plugged the bug into Elephant I quickly transfered myself back to the Nova with transporter device and let the terraformers eat caiman, while I charged my jumpdrive.

Once the bug is planted the Caiman isn't needed, you can simply teleport to something that can survive.

Nebdeath

Post by Nebdeath » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 05:36

Hi just finished the Terran Campaign with the most up to date version. I was able to Board and take over the Vidar with 6% of hull left on completion. I jumped the scabbard into aldrin with my main ship and there was a second scabbard (another 10 marines too) there for me to control :D I was able to overtake the Xenon ship!!! YAY!!!! I had both scabbards board. However, you don't get the Xenon ship... Booo lol. But at the end of the campaign I noticed I had a Claymore at earths Station... YAY again. The whole campaign played through start to finish without a hick-up... great guide!!!

Nebdeath

Post by Nebdeath » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 16:57

@
mati140 did you upgrade your caimens' speed/rudder, and add the shields as the guide suggested etc? if so it should pull away and all the way to the gate almost unscathed. The ships only chase you for 7 km's or so

slevin0006

Post by slevin0006 » Fri, 24. May 13, 19:49

hey,'am at the mission six where i need to buy some satellites(navigation relay i guess) i went to black hole sun in millitary post there, they suppose to make 'em but they never have in stock.i find some other places where they MAKING it, but they NEVER have when i check.is there a place i can go where i can be sure they gonna have?? o.O start to get boring traveling dozens systems an always finding some place where they suppose to make it BUT NEVER HAVE IN STOCK !!! :evil: lol really, it would be nice if u can get back to me quickly whit this, i don't wanna waste my ''gaming hours'' to do so stupid search for something i know what i have to do...

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 24. May 13, 21:05

Cloudbase SW, a long way off near Argon Prime, makes them, but there's probably a closer source. I THINK there's supposed to be a factory in Interworlds, but it usually gets deleted quickly, and another in a Teladi sector you pass through while following a Pirate Nova during an early plot mission.

Trading Stations and Military Outpost "absorb" them, not produce, so it's hard to find any spares for sale.

BBare
x3tc

Post by BBare » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 19:18

But what about the mission where you have to hack the #café ship? I did the first hack but the second one is beating me like I owe it money.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 20:44

I cheated. I wrote down all the numbers and the schematic, saved, and then went online to a sudoku solver to do it for me. :P

Xavien

Post by Xavien » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 21:21

Seems for me mission 7 is bugged when im suppose to protect the boarding parties nothing happens the mission just goes on and on and on and doesnt update

oliverpc

Post by oliverpc » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 16:55

Hi, I am a fan of this game, but I have trouble in the mission 6 where I need to find the jumpdrive freighter, I cant find it, where is it? and what do I do when i find It?

thanks for your reply

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 23:06

Use a triplex scanner. The ships in question will be highlight above the normal list.There are three of them.

asfethan
x4

Post by asfethan » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 20:49

Greetings, I'm new here and I have to share my experience with this terran plot :D

I started to play X3:TC back in 2013 cause I bought it via Humble Bundle. I played it for some days and then left it because some depression from my mistakes (I sold sabre, bought cargo ship and didn't know how to continue and what to do).

I started to play before 3-4 days using my old saves - especially those when I had sabre in my property.

The terran plot wasn't first thing I wanted to do so I wandered through universe, claimed some ships and credits. Now I have one self-sufficient sector trader (in Omicron +2 sectors) and I am supplying his trades by murders on demand, destructions, racketeering and... you know how hard is live in the universe these days :D

So I am friend with Splits, Argon and everyone I met on my way except xenons, pirates AND duke's transports... :twisted:

I wanted to swap sabre for something more efficient and after some research and experience with Advanced Eclipse and Split Chimera I dediced to obtain Cutlass. Shame on terran shipyards because they don't have L versions available. Why shame? Well were you in the Legend's home? They have everything they offer! This is kind of shop I really like! :D

I had to continue to terran plot to obtain fully-geared one. I had to do that because my wallet saw 7M credits max so to buy "S" version and equip separately wasn't the possibility.

So there is how my story happened - I will use quotations from walkthrough:
Creston wrote:MISSION SIX :

- If you're lucky, the pilot will jump at 70-80% hull. If you're unlucky, he'll jump at 2% hull. Either way, REPAIR the ship to 100%, and beam over the 3 25MW shields. You will need all of it. Yes, I know it takes long. Trust me.
I don't know if I'm happy or not I claimed that ship with cca 30% hull. So
I repaired it and bought shields. Also I give it PBE as turret gun and some missiles.
Creston wrote: - You need to find the Split Elephant in the sector. If you're lucky, it's in scanner range, and will be highlighted on your map. If you're unlucky, you need to find it, and you need to do so in the freighter, as the mission wants you to be IN this freighter.
Nope. The elephant wasn't in that sector. I returned for my Caiman because I left it in shipyard for some repairs and equipment change.

What waited for me in that sector was Xenon Q with 5-6x M3/4 cat ships :D They decided to hunt me down even when I was in or behind the shipyard. Then the Q attacked the shipyard.

So bad. I escaped to another sector and with SETA active I waited to Xenon Q. When this monster jumped in I jumped back and destroyed 1-2 M3 which were still there. The Q didn't return so I changed ship to Caiman and guidance guided me to the sector where I swapped position with Q. But I was lucky this time because it wasn't there. Maybe elephant destroyed him with his fleet ^_^
Creston wrote: - When you find the elephant (he's usually in the SE corner of the sector), fly close (less than 400 meters) to plant a tracking bug. As soon as that's done, hightail it out of there. Now, five decafs will come after you. You can try to run but odds are you won't make it. What I always do here is just have my personal ship run interference for me. It doesn't need to kill them (in fact, it's probably better if it doesn't, see later) but just get them off your back so you can escape.
Huh, not this time. I came to this elephant, planted device and I hightailed from there - imagine how Caiman cargo ship with 81m/s max speed is hightailing by turning slowly his nose away from elephant :D

After that maneuver slowly running out I noticed explosion! Wasn't that tracking device? What the... So elephant was history but mission continued. When I reached the destination (still on Caiman) to Terran ship I was noticed that tracking device is working. Oh rly?! :D
Creston wrote: - Fly to the unknown sector. As soon as you enter the sector, there should be a cutscene, and Split and Terran forces should be fighting. If your sector has nothing but asteroids in it, your mission broke. Restart from the save I told you to make.

*** NOTE : In my experience with this mission, this point is dependant on whether the decafs lived or not. If they did, it tends to go right. If they died, I usually get an empty sector. YMMV. ***
What decafs? Did I miss something? Are you telling me that Elephant wasn't supposed to explode? :D
Creston wrote: - Fight with the Split for a bit, if you want to. It's not really necessary, since the Terrans outnumber them 10 to 1, and the Split just keep respawning anyways, as long as the TL has not been captured.
Yes a bit. This should be highlighted! I restarted for 4-5 times because I interfered too much :)

And from this point everything continued as described in walkthrough. I didn't make mission with marines until now because you know - traders need moar funds... If you know what I mean :twisted:

ZZ555

Post by ZZ555 » Thu, 29. Jan 15, 06:01

I know this is an ancient thread but it's not closed so I thought I'd throw this little tidbit in the mix:
The jump drive can offer a one second escape if set up correctly and at speed. :idea:

ZZ

oliverpc

Post by oliverpc » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 20:19

hi, i need help, i cant pass mission 5,, the one I have to scan some freighters,,, i managed to destroy one ,, but can pass i need help..
thanks..

oliverpc

i cant pass mission 5

Post by oliverpc » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 20:24

Hi, i need your help, i cant pass mission 5,,
the sips i am suposed to destroy or scan, does not appear in red,, so i dont know what one to destroy ,and there are many ship n that sector..
please send me a repply,, i am a big fan of this game,,

RainerPrem
x4

Re: i cant pass mission 5

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 05:57

Hi,
oliverpc wrote:Hi, i need your help, i cant pass mission 5,,
the sips i am suposed to destroy or scan, does not appear in red,, so i dont know what one to destroy ,and there are many ship n that sector..
please send me a repply,, i am a big fan of this game,,
the ships in question are shown at the top of your ship list in the sector map. They are close to the East gate, so if you don't have a triple-range scanner, you perhaps need to get closer to the gate to see them.

And no, they aren't red until you have scanned them.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”