[TC] Repair Laser - Where can you buy them from?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

domin-X
x3tc

Repair Laser - Where can you buy them from?

Post by domin-X » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 15:12

The info for a few of my ships show them to be compatible with the repair laser, however, i cant find repair lasers for sale anywhere.

Anyone know where i might find one? I have a few ships to patch up and the 'sellotape on the mouse', whilst in the space suit, trick is somewhat tedious. Im guessing if i can arm my vidar with ten of them then it should certainly speed things up a little.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 15:15

Unfortunately, you can't. Ego hasn't put them for sale anywhere. Yet. I think a lot of people are hoping they change this in an upcoming patch (next one would be really nice, pretty please?!), but as it currently stands, the only repair laser you have access to is the one on your space suit. And before you ask, no, you cannot take it off somehow and transfer it to another ship. I already tried. They already anticipated that.

domin-X
x3tc

Post by domin-X » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 15:24

Damn.

It seems like something that they were going to do, but then they must have just forgoten, hence the compatability on the ship info screen.

Fingers crossed for the update then.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 16:04

The Mobile Drilling System, Repair Laser and Tractor Beam all share a compatibility slot. So you will see a Repair Laser as 'useable' on anything that has a MDS or Tractor Beam slot.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”