UT's and Earth

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

seperaGG
x3tc

UT's and Earth

Post by seperaGG » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 16:57

I don't know if anyone pointed out this before, but if your UT enters Earth sector it gets destroyed by Earth Torus. It would not be a problem if it happened only when you are in sector, but this happens even OOS.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 17:50

yes, happens for me too with any AI controlled ship. No idea why as I dont think collision are done when OOS :(

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 18:03

Just raise your Terran reputation enough to get access to Earth from them as well as from the ATF. And you should be fine.

seperaGG
x3tc

Post by seperaGG » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 18:12

delray wrote:Just raise your Terran reputation enough to get access to Earth from them as well as from the ATF. And you should be fine.
I have both. This is not the cause.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 20:17

Do not use any sort of autopilot in Earth sector. Any ship that goes outside the "box" surrounding the trans-orbital accelerator and the Torus gets destroyed, and the Torus is so big that it confuses the heck out of the autopilot--hence an autopilot controlled ship perforce leaves the limit of the area it can safely traverse and gets destroyed.

If there's a bug here, it's the odd behaviour of the autopilot in that sector--your ship getting destroyed when it leaves the "box" is correct and as designed.

seperaGG
x3tc

Post by seperaGG » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 20:31

pjknibbs wrote:Do not use any sort of autopilot in Earth sector. Any ship that goes outside the "box" surrounding the trans-orbital accelerator and the Torus gets destroyed, and the Torus is so big that it confuses the heck out of the autopilot--hence an autopilot controlled ship perforce leaves the limit of the area it can safely traverse and gets destroyed.

If there's a bug here, it's the odd behaviour of the autopilot in that sector--your ship getting destroyed when it leaves the "box" is correct and as designed.
How do you prevent UT from going there? Share your secret :) You can't do that so unless you monitor UT's all the time you will lose them if they decide to go to Earth... Bad.

EventHorizon
x4

Post by EventHorizon » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 18:15

Yeah, the UT needs a do not enter sector list.
Windows 10 x64
Intel i5 4460
16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
Saitek X52

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”