Matter/anti matter launchers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BDStyle
x3tc

Matter/anti matter launchers

Post by BDStyle » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 16:57

Hi all :)

Just a quick question, thinking about fitting out a Kitana in the near future and have looked at the stats for the a/aml but it seems a bit poo. Its not listed as having area of effect and is only a little more powerful and slower refire than empc.

Could someone explain why they are good please?

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 17:01

cause they wont contribute to energy drain (ammo based) :P
but even then..............
[Insert sig here]

Aetius
x3tc

Post by Aetius » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 17:07

That is *exactly* what makes them useful. I utilised ten of them on the Vidar and it destroys corvettes, frigates and even destroyers much faster than 10 EMPCs would do, mainly because you run out of energy firing those.

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 17:26

Hmm so potentially may be worthwhile sticking some on my main guns and the turrets have empc's.

Cheers for the reply guys :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 17:51

They also have considerably longer range than EMPCs.

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 20:56

Think of them this way:

A Concussion Impulse Generator class weapon that never stops firing.

1 Vidar + 6 M/AML forward guns + 10,000 rounds = Corvette solo's Xenon Sector 347.

I haven't tried Energy Bolt Chainguns yet... But they may be as equally awesome of a replacement for HEPTs.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 21:55

m/A-m also has slight 'homing' effect that makes it very useful in countering the yaw as enemy fighters turn. At a range of about 3km your hit-dps (as opposed to dps fired) will be significantly greater than EMPCs.

I wouldnt bother mixing them in with EMPCs on a fighter; just go for straight empcs. But on an M6+ or a heavy fighter geared to take on heavy fighters and M6s they are really beautiful. Add to that the easy availability of ammo (I managed to pick up 1000+ ammo boxes in about 10 mins) and you have a very nice weapon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”