Bombers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Bombers

Post by Demolisher 2 » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:04

Do these ships have a place in your fleet?
In my fleet, they do not. They can only be bought one at a time, which makes them impractical. I think it is silly that they can only be bought one at a time, but you need at least five for an effective strike group.
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:14

Look HERE for a great chat on the topic and how to effectively use Bombers/Missile Frigs (M8/M7M)

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Post by Demolisher 2 » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:18

Tiedyeguy wrote:Look HERE for a great chat on the topic and how to effectively use Bombers/Missile Frigs (M8/M7M)
Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed at the content of that thread from the title. :?
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

Rmaccc
x3

Post by Rmaccc » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:21

completley useless ship.

too slow,too weak,too expensive.

bombers are of 2 types :

1: small lightly armoured..but FAST

2: large heavily armoured..but SLOW

the bombers in this game are small lightly armoured and slow.
someone wasnt thinking :lol:

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:22

No, because they don't have their own AI and just use the fighter one, which doesn't really work that well for them.

Why does a ship with 40 km range close in like a ship with 2 km range?

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 17:27

Demolisher 2 wrote:
Tiedyeguy wrote:Look HERE for a great chat on the topic and how to effectively use Bombers/Missile Frigs (M8/M7M)
Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed at the content of that thread from the title. :?
Yeah, I know >_< I only read to topic to petition a forced title change. After I read the ever so stupidly named thread did I find that it is the definitive source for Bomber/Missile Frigate/Heavy Missile info and discussion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”