Signature Software Scrambler

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

angelus214
x3tc

Signature Software Scrambler

Post by angelus214 » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 21:17

Has anyone found the Signature Software Scrambler yet. I know in X3R it was on the BBS but now thats gone what do we do. im lazy and want software override command but ya know its illegal i dont wana loose my rep so if any ones found it id appreciate knowing where.

thanks

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 21:35

You can buy it from Pirate Bases. I have four currently that I know weren't destroyed yet by the military. (One is in Heretic's End, no way commonwealth dares to intervene there!).

Just go to your Encyclopedia -> Ship Equipment and look for system override software. You will have the list of known Pirate Bases there.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 21:39

Spoiler
Show
sold at Duke's HQ in the unknown sector south of Heaven's Assertion in the southern Paranid sectors

Thygrrr
x3tc

Post by Thygrrr » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 01:12

Errrm... that System Override Software is a huge scam. The price is extremely high for what little it does (I hoped it offered some "decent chance" alternative to capturing, requiring some in-fight acrobatics akin to tractor beam towing, you know, something fun)...

In fact, you have to get within 100m of a ship to claim it. Seriously, in what situations would that EVER be useful, let alone superior to disembarking and claiming the ship that way? You'll most likely want to laser the thing for a little while with your repair ray anyway. I was hoping at least for a 5km range, so it might save real work and allow for some quick overrides of abandoned ships in combat to get them out of the danger zone...

But this... and to think that I bought two of the softwares at once... and bribed someone so I could dock at the pirate base in the first place... what a waste of money.

Tomorrow, the pirate scammers will die for their insolence. All of them. :evil:
X³ - Terran Conflict, Steam Version
Mein DXDIAG dump (clicky)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 01:26

Thygrrr wrote:Errrm... that System Override Software is a huge scam. The price is extremely high for what little it does (I hoped it offered some "decent chance" alternative to capturing, requiring some in-fight acrobatics akin to tractor beam towing, you know, something fun)...
What it does is allow hot zone extractions, say from the middle of a Khaak sector, where you really don't want to be flying around in a completely unarmed, unshielded spacesuit.
i.e. use SOS to take control, teleport a docking computer inside, then teleport yourself inside, insta-dock your new ship & run away - can all be done in a matter of seconds, which can be critical if there are kyons going off all around...
by the way I do find that sort of thing fun.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”