[Script] OWP Construction : V 1.00 : Updated 11/10/2008 : Removed

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

athelred
x3

[Script] OWP Construction : V 1.00 : Updated 11/10/2008 : Removed

Post by athelred » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 04:02

OWP Construction

Requires Cycrow's Plugin Manager Beta 5 or later

[ external image ]

Are you tired of pirates always interfering with your private sectors? Has the hub gotten a bit crowded with irritating Boron? Well want no more. The Argon government has now made available, to those of good ranking, Orbital Weapons Platforms. Use these immobile fortresses to defend key points or simply to blow up anyone who comes near.

Usage

All Argon shipyards now have 3 custom wares. They are available at the following rankings and costs:

Small OWP - Federation Guardian - 20 M ish
Medium OWP - Federation Marshall - 25 M ish
Large OWP - Federation Overwatch - 30 M ish

When you load these wares into a TL class transport, it enables the Build OWP command. Follow the directions on the dialogs to select the type and location that you wish to deploy the OWP.

The constructed OWP has full shielding (this is included in the ware cost), but is completely unarmed.

Installation

Install with the plugin manager. Custom wares must be enabled.

Version History:

V 1.00
Initial Release

Edit :

I have removed the download for this script as so many people are having trouble with it. I actually thought I had some time ago, but obviously not. If you are experiencing the blank trade screen issue, I don't know what to tell you. I have not been able to reproduce this problem, and have no idea what is causing it. It has to be related to the custom wares I was using, but have no idea how or why, thus the removal.
Last edited by athelred on Thu, 19. Feb 09, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 04:11

Ohh, that sounds like fun.

I assume you have to stock them with weapons yourself then?

wondering: how much cargo does it have?
enough to fit weapons and serve as a small-resupply base for my ships? :p

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 04:23

Yes stocking it with weapons is up to you. I personally recommend the resupply scripts. Makes it fairly easy.

The OWPs all have identical weapons lists, the only difference is the number of turrets and guns. They can all mount some seriously heavy weapons, though, making them ideal for OOS work.

The OWPs do have a fair amount of cargo space. Only the Large OWP has hanger space though (3 slots for M3/M4/M5 I believe). A mod that changed that would be interesting, but is beyond the scope of this script.

Small OWP - 5000 units
Medium OWP - 6000 units
Large OWP - 9000 units

Edit : Just to give you idea, the large OWP mount 48 guns in 6 turrets (4x10 2x4), all of which can be IBLs or HEPTs.

Large OWP - 4x10 2x4
Medium OWP - 4x8
Small OWP - 4x4

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 14:16

I'm just starting to look at the OWPs. I really believe that even the small one should have docking. At least for one supply ship (TS).

Adding those are fairly mundane.

Upping the hangar in the Large OWP is a 2-second edit in Tships as well.

Adding a hangar to the small and medium will require a little more work though.

I was thinking about this when I was adding external TS/TP clamps to TLs and M1s.

This will give me something to do next weekend. :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 14:30

athelred

your a star :)

Downloading now.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

tc3
x3tc

Post by tc3 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:37

Great idea, its installed, but im slightly confused as its not showing on any of the argon shipyards in my current save. I dont have to start afresh i presume? And what did you mean by custom wares has to be enabled?

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 23:52

tc3 wrote:Great idea, its installed, but im slightly confused as its not showing on any of the argon shipyards in my current save. I dont have to start afresh i presume? And what did you mean by custom wares has to be enabled?
If the wares are not showing up we defiantly have an installer problem. I expect custom wares are enabled in the manager as that is the default, but look under settings Configure Installer, and make sure that "Allow use of custom wares" is enabled.

When you open the script Manager do you have three tabs at the top (scripts, ships and Custom wares I believe)?. If not then go into Configure Installer under the settings menu. Then under the modules tab select enable under Custom ware control. This will let us look at what is installed.

If you are using a mod make sure that the mod is selected in the Custom Wares tab before you install the spk (this is at least the case with EMP, I have not tried it specifically with other mods).

Otherwise if the wares show up there they should be in the game.

Also make sure you have the most recent version of the plugin manager. Any version before beta 5 won't work.

If you don't see the wares in the Custom ware tab, try uninstalling, closing the program manager, and then reinstalling the spk.

If this doesn't work I will try to come up with something else to tell you.

athelred

Gawaine
x3tc

Post by Gawaine » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 05:10

I agree with tc3, good idea but the OWPs don't seem to show up at shipyards for me either. I'm using beta six and custom wares are enabled and I see the three types in the custom wares tab of the manager.

EDIT:
Also, the script messes up several vanilla wares. Fighter Drone and Mk II don't show up ingame when the OWP scrip is active, I haven't noticed others but there are some since I've seen wares drop from destroyed ships with blank names.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 07:21

OWP show's up for me in argon shipyards, and drones work fine/show up ok.

By chance is EMP installed for both of you?

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 07:27

This sounds similar to the problems that Cycrow is having with the Salvage Claim Software. It's all related to the way that the latest version of the Plugin Installer is messing up one of the .dat files when it closes. Apparently, any script with custom wares can be affected.

On the other hand, I know almost nothing about scripting, so I could be completely wrong.

Gawaine
x3tc

Post by Gawaine » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 04:36

asser69 wrote:OWP show's up for me in argon shipyards, and drones work fine/show up ok.

By chance is EMP installed for both of you?
I do not have the EMP installed. Do you, if so I will give it a shot.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 04:50

Well i was wondering in case it was causeing a conflict.

The main thing is to make sure you have wares enabled in plugin manager (by going into options and check marking the check box on one of the tabs. There should be 3 tabs when you load up plugin manager. Scripts, Ships, and Wares. With this script installed you should see 3 wares on the bottom in the wares tab.

Gawaine
x3tc

Post by Gawaine » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 05:21

Ok I tried after installing the EWP, and that doesn't make any difference. I see the 3 wares in the tab in the manager. Now I started a new game and if the OWP script is active the shipyard doesn't list anything to sell, only repair or buy my ship. It's there in the info when I look at the shipyard, and if the scrip is deactivated it's fine so I don't think the problem's on my end.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:49

I am having the same problem with it not showing up on the argon shipyards. I looked into it and may have found the problem. the script "plugin.plugman.getware" is referenced in the setup script but the game doesn't recognize it, even though it is in the script directory. Im guessing that is from the plugin manager. I did set custom wares on but it also crashes every time I exit the plugin manager so it probably isnt working. Is there a way to make this work without using the plugin manager?

looking at it the plugin manager script are all for engine version 33 while the other scripts are for version 41, that is probably why it isnt recognizing them.

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 12:07

For those of you who are having trouble getting the stuff installed, and it looks like a problem with the plugin manager scripts, first make sure you have beta 5 or later. If you do and still have old scripts you can download the updated plugin manager scripts Here (unpack to the scripts directory and overwrite any existing files).

I hope this fixes it for ya'll. I've been trying to figure out what was happening and having no luck.

athelred

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 13:47

Its showing up in mine but it is showing up as ZA_EMP_WARE_CUSTOM blah blah, must be conflict with EMP?

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:10

Black Rain, that probably means one of two things. Either you do not have beta 5 or later of the plugin manager (custom wares did not work before this), or you did not check EMP in the custom wares tab before you installed the spk. I would guess the former.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:13

No, I have Beta 6 of the plugin manager and I did check EMP in the custom wares tab.

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 19:20

I also have the problem of a blank shipyard "Trade" menu, even though everything it SHOULD sell (including the OWPs) is shown in the Shipyard's details. I have Beta 6 and the updated Plugin Manager scripts.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 01:50

it is working for me now. I removed and reinstalled the script a couple times and now it works.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”