X3R Kha'ak in Home of Light?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deathgeese
x3tc

X3R Kha'ak in Home of Light?

Post by Deathgeese » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:26

So, yeah, for a while there's been a Kha'ak Carrier and Destroyer floating around Home of Light blowing stuff up. Mostly transport ships and other things that can't get away fast enough (like my silicon seller for my mine). I haven't check what stations are SUPPOSED to be there, so I can't say for sure if they've taken anything out or not, but they're disrupting my silicon trading lines.

Anywho, two questions: 1)Are ships of that class SUPPOSED to wind up there? Nothing has come by capable of taking them out yet. 2)Is there a way for me to get them out of there (preferably by annihilation) without influencing the game in any way? I could just write a script for enough money to buy a few Argon Titans to take out the carrier and destroyer, but wouldn't that give me a significant amount of rep? I'd rather not change the game in any way other than getting them out of their.

Any help is much appreciated.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:38

A couple of random sectors get invaded by the kha'ak not long after the game starts.

Depending on your current resources there are a few ways you can get rid of them:
1. Use a fighter armed with mass drivers - kha'ak capital ships have a blind spot in the back (easier on a destroyer than a carrier). You'll need some kind of distraction (e.g. wasp missiles or fighter drones) to survive long enough to get in there.
2. Lasertowers - they outrange kyons. If you're careful you can drag the capitals around just inside range.
3. A Elephant TL with BPPC in the rear turret - run away while keeping just inside PPC range.
4. Masses of fighter drones OOS.
5. A capital ship (well, duh!).
6. Something that count mount decent missiles (e.g. hammerheads or typhoons). Typhoons you can just spam, but anything will work from far enough away (an exploit - missile defense doesn't seem to kick in past a certain distance).
7. Annoy them and drag them somewhere way, way off the map and then jump back - that way you won't have to worry about them for a while.

Plus probably some others I've forgotten.

If you don't mind modifying your game (and can resist the urge to script yourself free credits :p), you can just delete them.

Deathgeese
x3tc

Post by Deathgeese » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:59

Ooooh. All sound like good ideas. Don't have the money just yet to invest in some of those. If I can help it, I'll just wait until I've amassed the necessary attack power to destroy them both. =P

Also, what's OOS stand for?

Also also, what kind of modification? I'd prefer to just flat out delete them if I can, though I'd rather not get into the habit of that. =P

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 23:16

OOS = out of sector. All sectors except the one your ship is currently in use a vastly simplified movement and combat system which is fairly easy to exploit to your advantage.

'modifying your game' essentially just means enabling the script editor - your saved games (and uplink stats) are flagged as *modified*.

There are some cheat scripts in the Scripts forum that include 'destroy target' hotkeys, or you can write your own.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 00:08

Or, if you don't mind a user made script, install the "Race Response Fleets" script. It makes the main races send defense ships if enemies attack in their sectors. (It will also make the "modified" tag appear.)

Big fight, lots of fireworks for a while, maybe an opportunity to grab dropped stuff. (Profitsss!) :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”