[TC] What the hell is wrong with the Earth Torus defense grid?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

K.Mak
x4

What the hell is wrong with the Earth Torus defense grid?!

Post by K.Mak » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 21:55

All the stupid laser towers are hostile to me now, and they won't stop vaporizing my ships that I try to undock from the Torus. I strayed off the course in the sector maybe ONE time and got a warning, when I left the stupid sector the towers were still friendly! Yet for some reason, I can still COMM the lasertowers and have friendly chats with all their crew members!

Reloading is not possible either, I'm about 50 saves past that point.

devir
x3

Post by devir » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 22:03

Download the Cycrow cheat scripts found in the mod and scripting forum.

There is an option there to fix your factional standings. THe Torus is a PIA, and ships docked can only "jump" out of the sector, don't have them fly. they'll blow up.
In fact stay away from Earth, it's a useless planet.

damador
x4

Post by damador » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 23:40

it have jumpdrive - but shipp wil die b4 or jus after docking at torus

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 01:56

That torus and the security zone are a major pain.

Try this (in sector, not oos):

-Give a docked ship the "Idle" nav command
-As soon as it undocks from the torus, tell it to stop
-Then give it a nav command to jump out.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 08:42

Even if the towers are red they don't shoot at you, so long as you stay inside the allowed zone around the Torus. Go outside that zone and you're toast. Unfortunately the AI, in its attempts to get away from the collision detection zone of the Torus, will pretty much always fly outside that zone, so the only safe way to fly ships in Earth space is manually--or else jump them out as soon as you undock them, as Painman said.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 11:22

Only thing torus has that is of any use is jumpdrives. Thers is far more convenient places to get them.

To land at Torus safely:
1: fly strait at it.
2: comm it when inrange and request to land.
3: fly strait at the green pipper.
4: drop speed down to under 40m/s when close.
5: you're docked.

Leaveing is just a matter if issueing a simple "jump to sector" command. Undocking ships from Torus works exactly the same as the X3R PHQ with capital ships. Just kicks you away backwards and the JD starts spooling up right there. At least that's how it worked with the free claymore and my vidar I docked there.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

K.Mak
x4

Post by K.Mak » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:47

The problem is the ship I have docked there that I need get out is my advanced discoverer. (-_-')

It's got no energy cells to jump. I had it parked there in case I needed a quick ship for local taxi missions. Also I had been hoping to be buying Terran ships from the moon and then sending it to the torus for jumpdrives. Lost the rewarded Claymore already to that Torus and didnt even realize it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”