Khaak Invasion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

richo885uk

Khaak Invasion

Post by richo885uk » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 02:33

Hey,

So I've been out of the game for a while (X3:R not TC (:wink:), decided to start a fresh game a few days ago. Literally less than 10 game hours in, and I'm happily trading ore from ore belt to get me some cash. Next thing I know, two Khaak carriers and one destroyer enter the system, release tons of fighters & scouts, and while I sit near the gate watching they proceed to destroy every station and every ship that enters the system. So I figure I need to avoid Ore Belt for a while...

My question is this, will the Khaak just go away or will somebody have to destroy them? And by "somebody" I mean will the Argon send some beefy ships to mess them up or do I have to wait until I have the means to destroy the Khaak fleet?

Hoping it's either they go away or Argon One will come along and kill 'em all cos I'd quite like Ore Belt back pls :P

Cheers,
rich :wink:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 02:56

Argon fleet will come eventually and kick them out. Or not. Depends.

I've seen Boron sending two Rays to help me out in a VH patrol mission and they really did.

And I've also seen Teladi Phoenix and Condor idling while I struggled to defend their core sector.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes Kha'ak fly away into space sometimes and disappear eventually.

Elezar
x2

Post by Elezar » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 03:05

heh.. i had the khaak destroy everything in ore belt too, and leaving behind two destroyers.

No idea if the Argons would eventually send someone on their own, or if there is some way to ask them for help.. I eventually killed them off myself, using a Nova I found, equiping it with mass drivers and about 85 drones.
Used the drones to distract the destroyer while I flew into the back hangar. Once inside, it couldn't shoot at me. Killed it from the inside :) Repeated the process after buying more drones and ammo.

That Nova was probably not the best choice.. a faster ship would have been useful to get inside faster. Still it was the only M3 I had available that can mount mass drivers.

Deathgeese
x3tc

Post by Deathgeese » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 03:16

Seems a lot of people have had problems with Kha'ak destroying the Ore Belt too. Lol. Happened in my game a few days ago and ruined the entire Argon and Paranid economies in the area. Also, got some Kha'ak in Home of Light as well. I've never seen the Argon send in anything to get rid of them. Wish they would.

richo885uk

Post by richo885uk » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 13:27

Heh, guess I'll have to wait patiently for them to leave...it's gonna be a while before I can afford to do anything about it myself, I have a mercury and about 200k credits :oops:

Ah well, maybe if they stay there indefinitely then when I am able to remove them I can build my own mines in the sector and then ORE BELT SHALL BE MIIIIINE!! :twisted:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 13:35

X3R has about 150 sectors. Nothing forces to compete for the one that the Almighty Random Number Generator chose. For example, there are at least five other sectors with similar amount of Mineral resources. :wink:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 13:40

Around the "end" of my last X3:R game, Kha'ak had moved several cap ships into at least 10 sectors... Ore Belt always seemed to be the first to fall like this for everybody... One of the easiest ways to clear them is to get a Split Elephant TL. Its faster than them and can mount PPCs in the rear turret. PPCs have a slightly longer range then GKyons. Get there attention with out getting too close the fly away from them. If you manage your speed right, you can keep them in PPC range of your rear turret but out of GKyon range. Eventually your 2 rear turrets will kill them. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”