Passengers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dragonfang12321

Passengers

Post by dragonfang12321 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 22:12

I when capturing a ship I acquired the previous pilot as a passenger. What can I do with him and how? Can't see to sell him to a marine post or anything.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 22:24

Go to Your Ship > Freight (scroll down to Passengers) > Select the guy > Eject

If you kill him your notoriety with all races will drop a bit (but sometimes it's just so wickedly fun :roll:)

dragonfang12321

Post by dragonfang12321 » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 01:31

Was able to make him a slave at a pirate station and sell him :twisted: . Is there anything else I can do with them for future reference?

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 01:43

Yep once you enslave him take him to a rehab and train him up as a marine.
Oh and if your carring sidearms on your ship you can enslave passengers without having to go to a pirate base but remember passengers are legal slaves are not. :wink:
Well unless your in split space that is.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 01:49

dragonfang12321 wrote:Was able to make him a slave at a pirate station and sell him :twisted: . Is there anything else I can do with them for future reference?
Yeah... I'm asking myself that same question.

I've got a live one in my cargobay as we speak. Either I'll:

-) convert it to a marine <- is this possible? how?
-) eject him in the middle of a heavy populated xenon sector

I would like to do the first, as I have a couple of boarding-scabbards lying around with no marines. Can anyone enlighten me (us) on this?

Edit: (posted while I was typing the above methinks)

Spaceweed Adict wrote:Yep once you enslave him take him to a rehab and train him up as a marine.
Is that a joke? Where are these 'rehabs' you speak of?

Thanks

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 02:05

There are Rehabliitation facilities where you can put slaves/prisioners in and turn them into Marines after a while (though they still need training at the barracks).

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 09:20

Where are these rehab facilities???? As far as I can tell they do not exist...

There are Mercenary M fabs dotted around the universe (although the AI blows up most of them) but they only take slaves as a secondary resource... they don't convert them into marines for you.
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

anzaq
x3tc

Post by anzaq » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 12:24

I'm beginning to agree with Orca on this one. I scoured the universe looking for these facilities but never have seen one at all. I've now got quite a few passengers which I've picked up from capped ships and from buying second hand ships, sitting in my tp and would love to turn all of them into marines.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:07

Rehabs do not exist or are part of a 3rd party script. Pretty annoying when people start advising non-vanilla stuff. especially if they do not mention it's non-vanilla.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:38

Fresshness wrote:Rehabs do not exist or are part of a 3rd party script. Pretty annoying when people start advising non-vanilla stuff. especially if they do not mention it's non-vanilla.
It _should_ be vanilla. I ahven't seen one myself but it's in the guide. Check it out. Page 50 under "Marines" last two lines:

"You can also make marines out of slaves but they will have to spend some time at a Rehabilitation Facility before you can send them to boot camp."

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:45

Same here; haven't seen any Rehab-centers yet. But if I would find them, they'd probably be filled with customers from my 2 large spaceweed-complexes... :D

Faenaris

Post by Faenaris » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:06

I read in a thread (that I can't find again, ofcourse) that someone actually found a rehab center. Yes, it was vanilla TC.

So, are they in or not? :)

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:18

hmmm...

i think I'm wrong.

I think I saw some rehab centers in aldrin.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”