[SCR][X3-TC] Piloten [V2.01] 15.11.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

onesch
x3

[SCR][X3-TC] Piloten [V2.01] 15.11.2008

Post by onesch » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 07:31

Piloten V2.01 Deutsch und english

Beschreibung:

Task Force ( Task Force 1.43, Taskforce update 1.03, TCCPFModiefied 1.03 + Namefix) war der Grundstein für dieses Script.
Leider habe ich keine Antwort auf meine Fragen erhalten und das Script selber umgeschrieben.
Ich habe es Piloten V2.01 genannt damit es einen unterschied zu X3 Reunion Task Force gibt.

This script adds combat pilots for your fighting craft. They gain exp both slowly over time and through doing 'combat tours of duty'.
As their rank increases they gain small bonuses to ship handling and speed.
They also have a chance of being 'born' with a unique personality trait that adds to their abilities in small but interesting ways.

Installation:

1. Scripteditor aktivieren (Thereshallbewings als Name eingeben) und abspeichern
2. Scriptdateien ins Scriptverzeichnis und t-Datei ins t-Verzeichnis kopieren
3. Save laden (and enjoy).
Achtung: Der Spielstand erhält ein **modified** !!

Ressourcen:

t-File:

XML text files used:
8069-L049.xml - Texte Deutsch
8070-L049.xml - Namen der Piloten Deutsch
8071-L049.xml - Sonderkommando Deutsch
8069.xml - Texte english
8070.xml - pilotnames english
8071.xml - Sonderkommando english

Basic script tech info:
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_48 (548 = Neuen piloten anheuern, Hire new combat pilot)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_49 (549 = Setze Piloten in neues Kampfschiff, Move combat pilot to new ship)
COMMAND_TYPE_COMBAT_40 (340 = Neuen Kampfeinsatz starten, Start new tour of duty)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_45 (1245 = Detailierter Statusbericht über den Piloten, Detailed stats report on pilot)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_45 (545 = Assign sectors to task force)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_46 (546 = Join or form a task force)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_47 (547 = Leave or disband a task force)
COMMAND_TYPE_COMBAT_41 (341 = Player called task force sector assualt )
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_46 (1246 = Task force report .... individual or whole force)

Eine Beschreibung liegt bei.

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/164229987/Piloten_V2.01.rar

Ich habe die Englischen Texte nicht getestet. Die deutschen Text habe ich getestet.
Bisher habe ich keinen Fehler gefunden.
Bitte um eure Hilfe falls etwas nicht funktioniert.

have fun
Onesch

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 07:37

This is a port of Task force from X3 R?

onesch
x3

Post by onesch » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 07:48

I did V2.01 pilots called it a different order to X3 Reunion Task Force there.
It is the same script for Terran Conflict.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 09:06

Sorry, I am a little confused about what you mean.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 09:27

Yeah man, maybe worth asking for some help translating this?

onesch
x3

Post by onesch » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:13

detailed description in English of Myros!

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=114874 TerraCorps Combat Pilot Project

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=146187 TerraCorps Fleet Package

This description is for Reunion but also for TC.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:00

Can you do the fighterbase too?

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 15:28

Color me stupid, but how do I buy pilots?

I've looked through the scripts and assumed there would be something I need to buy at TerraCorp or something but I can't find a thing. :| Do you need certain rep? Did I install the script wrong? Is there some sort of initialization that needs to be run?

Thanks

onesch
x3

Post by onesch » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 19:22

BlackRain:

Fighterbase: I'll see if I can rewrite this script.

kipstafoo:

you can change the color in the t-file 8069.
In this script is about pilots for your ships.
In the command ship "special" at each station you can buy a pilot for your M5 ship. There must be but a ship of its class M5 otherwise it will not work. By the time they get higher ranks and thus can better ships fly.
You can build a squad with 3 ships.

detailed description in English of Myros!

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=114874 TerraCorps Combat Pilot Project

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=146187 TerraCorps Fleet Package

Sorry my english is very bad.
onesch

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 20:17

great job. i was hoping someone would resurrect this great script

Malakie
x4

More pilots...

Post by Malakie » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:39

Hi,

i went to try this script.... Do I understand correctly that ONLY ships that are M5 class can be set with a pilot? I do not understand the logic behind that....

I tried to equip a bunch of M3 ships and it said it could not because of this 'feature'.

I think for fighters, all classes in that category should be acceptable.... M3, M4, M5.... you could even add corvettes (M6) at the extreme..

What I really want to see is a port of the great X3R script, AzzPiloteIAIII because that allows you to set AI's for ALL your ships where they gained experience, would eject into ejection pods and much much more... It was an awesome script...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:54

From some playing with it, new pilots are limited to M5, but as they get higher ranks, they can move up in ship class. There is some documentation about forming task forces, but nothing about getting pilots trained to that point, aside from using the cheat script to bump em to captain (easy enough to remove the only 2 use limit on that script)

I have found, with the combat tour command, the lead ship just flies around the sector, and ONLY attacks if attacked directly, while all other ships in the tour attack the lead ship's target, so after 3 hours of flying around and nothing happening, even after cheating in a Kha'ak fleet on top of them, I've cheated a few pilots to captain, and I'm going to form up a task force or 2 and see if some heavy combat will actually get some of those M5 pilots promoted.
Rawr!

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:09

Ensign - M5 class fighters only
Lieutenant - M4 class fighters
Commander - M3 class fighters
Captain - M6 Cruiser and TL (I included the TL because many people use it as a type of command base anyway)
Vice Admiral - M2 and Carriers
Admiral - M1

If you follow onesch's links, theres a post that has a ton of info that someone wrote up. That list there is the rank each pilot needs to have to be able to use what level of ship.

Also something to check one each new pilot is there stats. I had 3 from what little i played around with. One was a natural leader, one was unpredictable and i cant remember the other one. Certain stats on people will help determine how high a persons rank can get up (i beleive). Not every person can be a admiral ;)

As for the patrol thing, i only did 3 tours on each small training i had. Each had 0 kills and there training went up about 10% maybe.
I couldnt hire a Trainer guy at a equipment dock, so i think you will have to have the HQ to be able to do it. Makes sence on it.

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:13

Eh, gonna take over a Split sector here shortly with a small fleet, from the skirmishes I've had so far, will be some very heavy fighting, so will hopefully see some promotions, then I set up my HQ and see about the rest.
Rawr!

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 21:36

onesch,

Do the pilots get xp for normal combat? For example, if I put my 6 Commanders into M3s and board them on my carrier for an assault I'm leading, will they get xp for any kills they make?

I guess the main question is: Do pilots get XP for actions that aren't part of a 'Taskforce' command?

Thanks

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 21:50

more importantly i think is now that we have a 'base' script running...is anyone looking at enhancing this with the new features of TC?
I'd do it but have no idea wtf is going on in there...lol
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 22:25

Possible bug: I had 6 new pilots in Valkyries (ATF M5) doing combat tours in Greater Profit, and they simply vanished. No message in my log about them being destroyed, and they aren't showing in my property tab, nor could I find them searching the sector. I loaded a save game, sent them back there, checked back a couple hours later, and they've vanished again. I tried again with several other sectors, with the same result. I've had it happen with them sitting in dock, and idling in a sector, both in places I know enemy ships wouldn't be able to get to them. (i've had my own ship sit in the same locations overnight with SETA on)

I also know that the Valkyrie has never given me this issue with no pilots in it, just the default AI controlling it for me.

I have pilots in several other ship types, and they never vanish, including the 2 pilots I've had in Enhanced Elites as my wingmen since you released this for TC.
Rawr!

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 22:29

Oh, also, I don't get 'promoted' messages for some reason. I just get an 'unknown' message which I've finally figured out is the promotion message. The script code looks right, though my script experience is fairly low. :)

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 22:30

@Tiberiumkyle: Have those advanced elite pilots you've had as your wingmen gotten xp or are they static at the level they were at after they did combat tours?

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 22:49

kipstafoo wrote:Oh, also, I don't get 'promoted' messages for some reason. I just get an 'unknown' message which I've finally figured out is the promotion message. The script code looks right, though my script experience is fairly low. :)
Actually, I figured this out and fixed the script. The logbook message writes out $craft as the third argument, it should be writing out $ShipName. But that doesn't work unless you change the $ShipName in the previous line from $ship (which doesn't exist) to $craft

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”