[SCR][X3-TC] Piloten [V2.01] 15.11.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 10:49

BlackRain wrote:Any luck on why they are not attacking while on patrol? So we have to add in M7 and M8's eh? Okay I will try looking into that.
I am sorry I was just congratualiting myself on making changes to one specific script (so I could have m7's and m8's with pilots), didn't mean to imply that the patrol problem would be solved if you do that.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 15:20

Don't worry I didn't think you were implying that. I know that adding those would not fix the problem, I was just saying that we have to add m7's and m8's to the script. I thought that was already included.

edit---- Okay I looked through the scripts and the problem has to be in the plugin.cpilots.gocombat script. I just can't figure out yet what is the problem but it has to be in this. This handles the enemy combats. I am thinking that in this script something must be wrong.

edit 2--- okay after further investigating it looks like in this script there is a certain line, this particular line:

029 * scan sector for any enemies
030 @ |$priority.enemy = [THIS] -> call script 'plugin.patrol.bas.select.enemy'

I think there is something wrong with this line. For one when I tried to duplicate this line in the script editor, I could not find any script 'plugin.patrol.bas.select.enemy' I think this is why no ships are being determined enemies? What script handles choosing enemies, if we substitue 'plugin.patrol.bas.select.enemy' for another script which picks up enemies then it might fix the problem

edit 3--- Alright! I think I fixed the script! I just spawned some enemies and my patrol attacked and killed them. This was both in the sector and out of sector. I think there are a lot of functions in this script which need to be updated. Anyone want to take on that project? hehe

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 18:43

You could have told us what you changed it too...lol
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 02:21

Yeah sorry it was late and I had closed the game. I will post a little later what I changed it too.

Ok here it is:

031 @ |$priority.enemy = [THIS] -> call script '!fight.patrol.targeting' :

I am thinking of taking on this script since Onesch isn't updating it but I wanted to know if this was based off of the latest version by Eladan or not. Eladan has given permission to port over his script so it might be better just to do that then continue to fix this one.

ViceGrips
x4

Post by ViceGrips » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 16:19

I would recomend porting the one by eladan because they are a lot more advanced and have more applications to the scripts.

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 16:20

@BlackRain

Finding myself out of country alot lately, so don't have time to do it myself. Sounds brilliant, Eledan's version has different Pilot ranks and such, so I don't think it is. Although I haven't looked at the code. I'd love to see a port of that version. You might want to also try contact RRRoamer as he was last working on the new set of changes / improvements for Task Force composition / threat level handling in that version for X3:R, and was almost finished but got busy in rl. Though, maybe those additional things can be added later.

Let us know how it goes :)

ViceGrips
x4

Post by ViceGrips » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 08:50

@ BlackRain

These scripts will be really cool when they get updated. Did you decided if you are going to work on? I've been tinkering around with them a little and have managed to screw them up a lot but not do much else. I hope you are having better luck than me. If you can give us a short update we'd love to hear about your progress.

ViceGrips

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 10:36

Well, I have been slightly busy but I am still thinking about what kind of project I want to take on. I will try to take a look at this script some time soon.

nagger
x3tc

Post by nagger » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:17

Well I was able to fix the gocombat script by making the change BlackRain suggested, but am unforunately not able to fix the promotion message :o .

I followed the pointers kipstafoo made some pages back (in a script called plugin.cpilot.ranksets), but that didn't seem to help..
Can someone please tell me;
- If I'm editing the correct script, and if so
- what I did wrong?
This is the part I have now;
074 if $ispromoted == 1
075 |$craft -> set local variable: name='crank' value=$rank
076 @ |$pilot = $craft -> call script 'plugin.cpilot.getname' : ship=$craft Pilot Rank=$rank
077 |$pilotname = $craft -> get local variable: name='cpilotname'
078 |$ShipName = $craft -> get ware type code of object
079 |write to player logbook: printf: pageid=8069 textid=1088, $pilotname, $pilot, $ShipName, null, null
080 |play sample: incoming transmission [IncomingTransmission.Message], from object null
081 end
Many thanks!

Nag.

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 19:38

@nagger: This is from my revised script file:

if $ispromoted == 1
$craft->set local variable: name='crank' value=$rank
$pilot = $craft->call script 'plugin.cpilot.getname' : ship=$craft rank=$rank
$pilotname = $craft->get local variable: name='cpilotname'
$ShipName = $craft->get ware type code of object
write to player logbook: printf: pageid=8069 textid=1088, $pilotname, $pilot, $ShipName, null, null
play sample: incoming transmission [IncomingTransmission.Message], from object null
end

john1957

Post by john1957 » Sun, 5. Jul 09, 21:03

a list of ships that that varios ranks can pilot please

Miniboobs

Post by Miniboobs » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 14:00

I have downloaded and begun testing this script. Is this script still being worked on or is it now merged or updated into a new one? Also is it similar to CODEA? The reason I got this script is because im not sure if CODEA is just adding pilots for role play or if they actually increase in combat effectiveness with xp like this one does. Anyone know which is best to be using? All I is AI pilots who increase in actual combat and flight skills as they get higher in rank. The last post was in jul 2009 so maybe im just talking to myself in here :)

Jams79
x4

Post by Jams79 » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 14:22

This one died before the other Terracorp fleet you posted in.

Surely it would have made more sense to post a question in the very active CODEA thread rather than necroing two dead threads. As it tells you on the first page of the CODEA thread pilots have different ranks, as they increase in rank they increase in skill (and engine/rudder tunings). When they hit lieutenant they have maxed fight skill.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=259730

Miniboobs

Post by Miniboobs » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 14:33

Yes I have followed your advice I will not halt this necrophiliac tendency of mine LOL. Its just theres soo much info out there and im being abit overwlmed by soo many possibilities, in a good way ofcourse.

powerbard
x3tc

Post by powerbard » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 14:14

I'll play with the dead thing still! Codea is great and all for it's suited purpose, but I have been using TerraCorp's fleets since Reunion came out and was much more "connected" with my fleets and cared about what happened to them.
Is this updating to be usable for Terran Conflict and Albion? After getting the new release of X Rebirth, I have huddled into a corner and took a step back to something more sandbox loving and less console FPS. I see alot of chatter here and there, but it's like noone has stated for sure how to get this working or if it works for Terran Conflict and Albion. Thanks for all the time you guys have put into these wonderful scripts and the gaming community! We may not always post it, but we appreciate you all lots!

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 02:34

Wish you luck powerbard, I miss this script also, loved it in Reunion!!

pgfujg

Post by pgfujg » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 15:25

Is this still available anywhere? Link is dead. The link on the other version from BlackRain(I think) is also dead, but I really only want to look at the pilots, not all the other bells and whistles.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”