Yaki Hoshi

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Yaki Hoshi

Post by Demolisher 2 » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 23:32

Has anyone seen (or even captured) one of these yet? If this elusive ship exists, it certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere predictable in my game.
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 23:34

Never seen it. It is the fastest carrier in the game (112 speed), would be a nice addition to the fleet...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 08:37

delray wrote:Never seen it. It is the fastest carrier in the game (112 speed), would be a nice addition to the fleet...
Split Panther does faster than 112, doesn't it? OK, it's technically not a full fat carrier, but 32 ships ought to be enough for anybody!

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 08:51

Having a capped M1 is still way cooler than having a bought Panther. :-)

But yeah, Panther is faster and I think has better shields too. Can't check really since I have only excel/roguey's sources, haven't seen Hoshi myself yet.

Shuri sucks by the way, looks like Argon battleship. I hope Hoshi is better. :-(

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Post by Demolisher 2 » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 11:04

delray wrote: Shuri sucks by the way, it is the Argon Carrier. I hope Hoshi is better. :-(
EFA.

So definitely no Hoshi's then? There goes my plans for a fleet of Yaki ships - the only ships they have are the Akuma M2, the Ryu TL, the Tenjin M3, and the Chokaro TM. Not a good spread of ships. If they had a Frigate and a Carrier, I might be more inclined towards going in that direction with my fleet.
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 11:19

Ryu is very similar to Elephant, just slower, less shielded and weaker. With slightly bigger cargo bay though. You cap it to get IBLs and that's it.

Chokaro is probably the best TM out there. Fast as Boa (155) but with twice bigger cargo bay. Sadly it can carry only 3 fighters so isn't really a mini-carrier. But is certainly very useful for missions like smaller deliver goods ones or recover a ship ones.

Akuma is as good as any other battleship. It has pathetic shields (weakest shielding out there) but is also extremely fast and can pack tons of guns (I think only Osaka can mount more guns than Akuma). It's a very Split kind of a ship. Certainly better than Python.

Shuri I didn't have cause I'm disgusted by prospect of having a renamed Colossus in my fleet. I also didn't manage to cap a Tenjin but from stats it seems like a very decent ship (3x25mj, 180 speed, 2 turrets).

Also, the fact that nobody has seen a Yaki M7 yet, doesn't mean they are not there. I see three M7s actually, Akurei, Kariudo and Senshi, in stats.

Akurei and Kariudo have exactly same stats as Cerberus, so they are probably both renames like Shuri.

Senshi has speed 70 so is utterly useless.

Also, I don't see a Yaki M6 anywhere in the stats... so that would probably be it.

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Post by Corpse_Maker » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 23:52

delray wrote:
Also, the fact that nobody has seen a Yaki M7 yet, doesn't mean they are not there. I see three M7s actually, Akurei, Kariudo and Senshi, in stats.

Akurei and Kariudo have exactly same stats as Cerberus, so they are probably both renames like Shuri.
Where tha hell did you see Akurei!!! Cuz it's 2nd ship out of all M7 that can hold PSGs Other one is Agamemnon... and I don't really like it...

I'm dieing to get my hands on this ship :twisted: (without cheats) got enough credits to buy me a missile frigate with some boarding pods hehehhh... and it's time to hunt that beauty!

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 00:14

Deimos can have PSGs...

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Post by Corpse_Maker » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 00:39

Also Demious but it is even more hideous than Agamemnon... Anyway... what i need is a PSGs and fighter bay and Akurei has that!

Akurei, where where where!?!? :twisted:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 07:39

Maybe you need higher rank Yaki&Pirate invasions for that?

I never had anything bigger than Centaur and Susanowa... but I suppose there's a chance they would bring M7s, M2s and M1s too into the game.

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Post by Corpse_Maker » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:45

any one?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 07:59

No luck yet. Maybe they will put them there in the patch?

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Post by Corpse_Maker » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 21:01

:?

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 21:05

What makes PSGs much better than PBGs?

Both go through Kha'ak clusters like a hot H-Bomb through butter...
Where tha hell did you see Akurei!!!
Weaver's perhaps?
[ external image ]

... old skool

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 01:18

have you seen the weapon layout on the Shuri it looks like they forgot to add weapon type on some turrets like there is 3 emplacements for IBL : right ,back and up also only one PPC emplacement and it s on the up turret ...

Corpse_Maker
x3tc

Post by Corpse_Maker » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 08:53

Chealec wrote:
Where tha hell did you see Akurei!!!
Weaver's perhaps?
Nope... still nada :?

Trans
x3tc

Post by Trans » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 08:53

Hello

Ive seen a few Hoshi (destroyed them all) and from what I know you can only get it from the:
Spoiler
Show
"Protect This Station", missions.
The one where you have to protect against the Yaki, if your rank is high enough it should spawn, but you might end up with some other capital ship from the Yaki. :D]

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 09:33

IIRC one turned up as a when I was doing a kill mission for one of the corporations.
I boarded it but have not used it much because of it's relatively small carrier deck

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 10:41

I would second what Trans said, as I found the same, I destroyed them.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 10:59

Yes I've Boarded a Hoshi in a Patrol Sector mission.

Yes the speeds ok, camera position is off to the left where the docking ports are, so you get a good view of fighters comming and going.

Weapons are like other M1's but it's a big target and steers like a pig.

For all it's speed the lack of "speed" in steering made me go back to the Galleon. And it had AI fits going through every second gate (again due to it's lack of quick/precise handling, ie it'd miss it's insertion point and had to go around the gate area repeatedly to reaquire it :x ). And since it's handling is about the same as most M1's i'll be leaving the commanding of them to others :wink:
Currently it sits beside my homebase EQ Dock awaiting the PHQ for reverse Engineering.

I thought I'd love it but was let down :(
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”