[TC] Finished Hub - At Last! And Requirements.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Davinaldo
x3

Finished Hub - At Last! And Requirements.

Post by Davinaldo » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 10:46

Woohoo! At last, I finished the hub (without cheats).

Now that I've done it, I'd say it was worth it.

I've yet to see a complete list of the requirements which is 100% correct so here goes my attempt:

Prerequisites:
Fly: To any Boron System (i.e. Kingdom End)
Talk to: Mahi Mi (flies a Boron Enhanced Dolphin - he will say hello to you)
Trading Rank: Vendor (TBC)

Preface:
Fly To: Xenon Core 023 (fly though east gate of Xenon Sector 627)
Investigate: Unknown Sector
Talk To: Mahi Ma (i.e. Kingdom End)
Pick Up: Mahi Ma
Transport: Mahi Ma to the hub

Stage 1:
Deliver: 400 x Computer Components
Deliver: 500 x Microchips
Repair: Capactors
Connect: Gate set one
Reward: Link first set of gates

Stage 2:
Deliver: 150,000 x Teladianium
Deliver: 450,000 x Ore
Reward: You can now move the first set of gates - you may need to fly to hub to wait

Stage 3:
Deliver: 500 x Nividium
Deliver: 750,000 x Crystals (bug - mission screen shows 2 entries, but you only need to do this once!)
Reward: Second set of gates

Stage 4:
Pay: Otmanckstras 15M Credits
Transport: Otmanckstras to the hub
Deliver: 400,000 x Silicon Wafers (bug - mission screen shows 2 entries, but you only need to do this once!)
Deliver: 85,000 Microchips (Pre v1.3, this was 250,000 x Microchips!)
Reward: Third set of gates

Epilogue:
Pick Up: Mahi Ma
Transport: Mahi Ma

If you've finished the hub, congratulations. If you're still trying, stick it out!

Good luck.
Last edited by Davinaldo on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 11:20

I say congratulations. I'm still in the first stage, delivering the 500 microchips. Earning enough money to build a few fabs in Gaian Star (which I'm claiming as my sector, as I seem to be friendly with the Pirates, it's got the best defence possible - the Brigantine, 2 Galleons, and several of the Carracks, plus all the fighters which come with them.) Probably going to take me a while, I've been staying away from patrol missions (been getting too many Kha'ak ones, and my poor Skiron just can't take 5 Corvettes on at once).

This is a true testament to how possible this mission is. You don't need to use cheats, and it doesn't take forever. You should be given a medal, or have a sector named after you in the upcoming patch. Something like that, to recognize your achievement.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 11:30

Well done :-).

A question. Realistically, what sort of setup do you need to do the Xenon Core Sector step? Can you do it in something fast and small or do you need to kick the entire sector's butt with a fleet of M2s?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 11:33

RegisterMe wrote:Well done :-).

A question. Realistically, what sort of setup do you need to do the Xenon Core Sector step? Can you do it in something fast and small or do you need to kick the entire sector's butt with a fleet of M2s?
Whichever way you want to. You just have to get to the Unknown Sector (which is the Hub). If you don't feel like fighting your way there, just get in something really, really fast, and run circles around everyone. I did it in my Skiron, but I only made it because I just jumped to the next gate I needed as soon as I started getting in over my head.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 11:41

I used a disco it works fine.

@Davinaldo:
I think there a is a minimum trade level requirement as wel. i'm not sure though. I remember reading a post of someone who viewed the code for the mission requirements.

anneking

Post by anneking » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 11:43

Well done.

And it’s been a great money spinner doing the hub, ore/silicon/energy = add a few missile or weapons fabs anytime making big profits along those long hours of seta.

I’ve got 10 missile fabs making 2mil/hour plus stock for my ships, 2 small fighters automated delivery in-sector to the local EQ dock. Its probably made me more money than all my missions so far.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: Finished Hub - At Last! And Requirements.

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 12:31

Davinaldo wrote:Woohoo! At last, I finished the hub (without cheats).
Congratulations :).
Prerequisites:
Fly: To any Boron System (i.e. Kingdom End)
Talk to: Mahi Mi (flies a Boron Enhanced Dolphin - he will say hello to you)
Trade rank 6 (Vendor, I think) is also a pre-req.

Davinaldo
x3

Post by Davinaldo » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 13:48

I think the best bit of the hub is that I've had to do and learn things that I wouldn't have had to: i.e. learn to build and balance huge factories. I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for the hub.

I didnt know about the trade requirements. I'd already started building an empire, so didn't notice. It's probably fairly easy to reach.

For now, lets assume it is "Vendor"

(P.S. Yeah - it would be cool to have a sector named after me ^^ At the very least I was hoping to be able to rename the sector to something else (starting with a "Y"!))

Davinaldo
x3

Post by Davinaldo » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 13:51

RegisterMe wrote:Well done :-).

As emperor said - use something fast to deliver the chips. When you can realign the first set of gates, you can put them anywhere you want so you don't have to worry about the Xenon.

Reitema
x4

Post by Reitema » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 09:30

tbh, I just flew there with my Medusa... there were maybe two L's, an M and a few N's I had to take out but really, I have toilet breaks that offer more of a challenge.
And only the one time of course, afterwards it's Shift-J ;)

travitar
x4

Post by travitar » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:54

I just BARELY completed the entire hub mission without cheating, just a lot of station building and SETA time. :D

FREEDOM! lol

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:17

Grats guys on your archivement, but allow me just one quick question - what the big F du you do now with 1XX Chip Factories :?
With all the powerplants and stuff, that's something like a wasted billion.
Have fun: Gala Do.

travitar
x4

Post by travitar » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:24

Ghalador wrote:Grats guys on your archivement, but allow me just one quick question - what the big F du you do now with 1XX Chip Factories :?
With all the powerplants and stuff, that's something like a wasted billion.
I have found them to be a massive source of income, they simply fund my adventures now. Also with that much production going on, I can tack on just about any kind of station I need and not worry about requirements.

Davinaldo
x3

Post by Davinaldo » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:43

I just leave the factories there.

Yes - you're right, it's a few Billion "investment" - and they produce far too many chips for the universe to absorb. I guess I could sell the intermediate goods as well.

At first, I was really bothered about having so many redundant stations, but money is so easy to make.

If I get bored, I guess I could just blow them all up :D

I'll just leave them as a legacy of the great Hub mission!

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 05:56

Davinaldo wrote:I just leave the factories there.

Yes - you're right, it's a few Billion "investment" - and they produce far too many chips for the universe to absorb. I guess I could sell the intermediate goods as well.

At first, I was really bothered about having so many redundant stations, but money is so easy to make.

If I get bored, I guess I could just blow them all up :D

I'll just leave them as a legacy of the great Hub mission!
Or you could by TLs, load them up and sell them... But that doesn't change the fact that it's still too many for the universe to absorb. This mission does a great job of completely destroying any immersion that's in the game. The station needing 250K microchips, and you being able to build that many factories, legitimate or not, feels like a hack; and it is a hack.

travitar
x4

Post by travitar » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 06:36

Perhaps we have a different perspective on "what the universe can absorb". But I've made over a billion in credits from selling just microchips from my 76 stations, and demand does not appear to be slowing.

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 08:58

ive found the hub.. gone back to pick up our boron friend.... and then i get a buggy message telling me to transfer plotcharacter@somethingorother jargon... i jump back to the hub but nothing happens/triggers....

is my hub plot broken ? can i abort it and start it again ? or am i going to have to keep this save handy for when the patch is released ?

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 09:47

Congrats lads.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

anneking

Post by anneking » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:21

travitar wrote:Perhaps we have a different perspective on "what the universe can absorb". But I've made over a billion in credits from selling just microchips from my 76 stations, and demand does not appear to be slowing.
Are you selling these with transports or just waiting for traders to show up?

I noticed with my first few chip factories the chips disappear pretty quickly, I’m surprised they’re so popular, weapons I can understand, but a billion credits on microchips…..???

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:25

I noticed that you can sell insane amounts of pretty much anything as long as you set the price below average... They just come and buy it all. No idea what they do with it though.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”